Unicorn PDC Ladies World Championships 2010

Results from the players championships, UK Open and many more
nikkiboy
International

Unicorn PDC Ladies World Championships 2010

Post by nikkiboy »

World Title Joy For Bromberg
24 Jul 2010

STACY BROMBERG staged a superb fightback to defeat Tricia Wright 6-5 and win the inaugural PDC Unicorn Women's World Championship Final.

The American found herself 5-3 down in a race to six legs at the Winter Gardens, but showed her fighting spirit to battle back and claim the £10,000 first prize.[wrapimg=right]http://www.pdc.tv/javaImages/76/20/0,,1 ... 206,00.jpg[/wrapimg]

Wright held leads of 4-2 and 5-3 but failed to kill off the match, missing four match darts before Bromberg prevailed in the deciderto take the £10,000 title - a record for ladies' darts.

Bromberg had held throw to win the game's opening leg, taking out 74, but paid for three misses in the second as Wright posted double nine to level.

Double top gave the American the third, but she then missed six darts to again break throw, with Wright taking out double ten.

Stacy Bromberg - PDC Unicorn Women's World Championship Final (Lawrence Lustig, PDC)Wright, who has claimed over 50 titles during her career, stepped in on double four to take the first break of throw in the fifth leg, and a 64 finish, on double 16, moved her 4-2 up.

Bromberg regained her range on the doubles to land double eight in the next, but a two-dart 78 checkout saw Wright move a leg away from the win.

Bromberg posted double 16 to take the ninth leg, and after Wright missed darts at double top, ten and five for victory in the next the American scrambled in double 14 to send the game into a decider.[wrapimg=right]http://www.pdc.tv/javaImages/77/20/0,,1 ... 207,00.jpg[/wrapimg]

Wright kicked off the 11th leg with a ton, but Bromberg edged clear and was first to the finish, hitting double eight for a 92 checkout for the biggest win of her career.

"I kept thinking I've come too far to not win," said Bromberg. "I'm thrilled to win this - although there was nothing I could do but hope when Tricia had darts for the match.

"The consistency wasn't there from us both and we both know we can play a higher calibre of darts, but it was an exciting and close match for the fans."

The tournament had seen players compete in two stages to reach the final in Blackpool, with qualifiers held in Rileys Darts Zones around the UK alongside a series of International Qualifiers to find the last 32, who then played down to the final in Barnsley in June.

Anastasia Dobromyslova, who competes on the PDC circuit, was a semi-finalist in the event, losing 4-3 to Bromberg, while Bedfordshire's Fiona Carmichael had also lost in a decider against Wright.

Both Bromberg and Wright will be offered PDC ProTour Cards for 2011 and places in November's Grand Slam of Darts in Wolverhampton.

"I fully intend, as much as I can, to come over and play in the PDC," added Bromberg, who turns 54 on Tuesday.

"I'm expected to lose and the pressure would be on the men, but I've beaten some of the top men in the past, but if I don't give it a try I won't find out.

"Simon Whitlock did well in the World Championship and then gained sponsors and I'm hoping that an opportunity for me to take this up full-time, and in the meantime I'll the best I can with the resources I have.

"I believe I can compete with the men one-on-one on the same level. I'm not saying I'm going to beat Phil Taylor, but the pressure is on them and I really want to come over and give it a shot."

from http://www.pdc.tv
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am