2011 BDO Lakeside Ladies World Darts Championship Result

Results from BDO tournaments to be posted here
nikkiboy
International

2011 BDO Lakeside Ladies World Darts Championship Result

Post by nikkiboy »

07 January 2011
Giant of darts Gulliver lifts ninth world crown
Trina Gulliver chalked up her ninth world championship in 11 years toppling Welsh international Rhian Edwards 2-0 in 23 minutes.

In a repeat of last year’s final Gulliver from Somerset justified her top seeding but was made hard to work for the victory by the impressive Welsh player.

Remarkably Gulliver, the giant of women’s darts has appeared in every final since the women’s competition was launched in 2001.[wrapimg=right]http://www.bdodarts.com/uploads/news/0/ ... ampion.gif[/wrapimg]

The diminutive Welsh sharpshooter took the opening leg of the match with the throw, Gulliver powering in 123 and 140 scores, nervously requiring three darts for the set-levelling double 16. She then annexed the third on double 10, against the throw.

A rare three missed doubles were forgotten as the defending champ hit double four to take the the first set.

Throwing first in the second set Gulliver edged 1-0 ahead, Edwards holding her throw in the next and powering down to a finish before the top seed pulled off a dramatic 100 checkout finished on double 10 for a 2-1 set lead.

The players matched scores in the next leg, Edwards missing two shots for double tops to save the match, Gulliver missing double tops but clinching the title on double 10.

A tearful Gulliver said: “It is fantastic and a great feeling to retain the title.

“All the championships are special to me but I want to dedicate this championship to my Mum who has not been well.

“I am hungry for more world titles, “ declared Gulliver menacingly.

Photo: Henk Westerdaal

from www.bdodarts.com
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am