youth darts

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: youth darts

Post by Ginge »

MancheStar wrote:Paul what would your guess be for the prize fund for the BDO world youth championship?
A "10% off your next stay at Potters International Hotel" voucher would suffice for the winner, surely?
Big Jock Knew
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

The winners cheque should be a minimum 5K
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

MancheStar wrote:The winners cheque should be a minimum 5K
Ha, come off it now, the women were only getting £5k and would have stayed at that level had the PDC not paid out £10k. Not a chance the youth winner is going to get that much.
Big Jock Knew
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Didn't say it would be said it should be
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:
MancheStar wrote:The winners cheque should be a minimum 5K
Ha, come off it now, the women were only getting £5k and would have stayed at that level had the PDC not paid out £10k. Not a chance the youth winner is going to get that much.
Being under 18 wont be nowhere near 5 k , but will ask this weekend at the AGM .
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ignored yet again.

Its like being at home.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Will you ask them where BDO Events have vanished to as well?
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Right a quick comparison between the Challenger Tour OOM (so associate) and Youth Tour OOM.

Think I matched up 20 players who are ranked in both. Quite a few are definitely to old:
Dean,Dan
Dicken,Matthew
Hall,Rees
Hill,Sam
Hopp,Max (Too old)
Johnson,Scott
Littler,Shaun
Narain,Shaun (Too old)
Parry,Kurt (Too old)
Patchett,Jake (Too old)
Read,Dan
Robinson,Reece (Too old)
Ryan,Sean
Smith- Neale,Adam (Too old)
Songhurst,Ben
Thomas,Sion
Tweddell,Jack (Too old)
van den Bergh,Dimitri (Too old)
van Duijvenbode,Dirk (Too old)
Whitworth,Lee

Zeyes has previously said there is one player (who could be Josh McCarthy, 17 currently) who has played Youth but not Challenger since Q-School as well. He would probably have a decent stab at this.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

The Jolly Man wrote:Right a quick comparison between the Challenger Tour OOM (so associate) and Youth Tour OOM.

Think I matched up 20 players who are ranked in both. Quite a few are definitely to old:
Dean,Dan
Dicken,Matthew
Hall,Rees
Hill,Sam
Hopp,Max (Too old)
Johnson,Scott
Littler,Shaun
Narain,Shaun (Too old)
Parry,Kurt (Too old)
Patchett,Jake (Too old)
Read,Dan
Robinson,Reece (Too old)
Ryan,Sean
Smith- Neale,Adam (Too old)
Songhurst,Ben
Thomas,Sion
Tweddell,Jack (Too old)
van den Bergh,Dimitri (Too old)
van Duijvenbode,Dirk (Too old)
Whitworth,Lee

Zeyes has previously said there is one player (who could be Josh McCarthy, 17 currently) who has played Youth but not Challenger since Q-School as well. He would probably have a decent stab at this.

Josh McCarthy didnt go to QS , think he might even be 18 this september.
Now question remains is there any pdpa member or associates under 18 on January 8th 2015!!!! Perhaps,nobody is ineligible for bdo youth world champs !!!! Maybe we really are " darts for all" come on Ginge you must find at last 1.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Ginge wrote:Will you ask them where BDO Events have vanished to as well?
I hope someone does as there not exactly filling people with confidence in the future
JFT97
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Bag Carrier wrote:
I hope someone does as there not exactly filling people with confidence in the future
Suns been out this past couple of weeks so I expect they will raise their heads very soon on the back of a few solar power cheques. ;)
WCDPA wrote: Perhaps,nobody is ineligible for bdo youth world champs !!!! Maybe we really are " darts for all" come on Ginge you must find at last 1.
I don't think the actual number if there are any at all is really important. The fact is and remains that the BDO has measures in place to exclude youth players and although this year it may not have excluded anyone next year and years after it may well be.

Also let's be honest if you were a very talented 16 year old who was good enough to be competitive would you really be concerned over the BDO Youth Title especially when more than likely it will cost you nearly the same to play and win it as you could ever hope to get back in prize money.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

To be honest I don't think too many players will be affected by the ban on associate PDPA members playing...I don't think their would have been many, if any 16-18 year olds at QS..but there could have been some and they would be ineligible which would be a shame at that age..it's a shame to actually put restrictions on under 18 year olds in the first place...there is plenty of time in the future to go down that road.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

el_ringo wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
Suns been out this past couple of weeks so I expect they will raise their heads very soon on the back of a few solar power cheques. ;)
WCDPA wrote: Perhaps,nobody is ineligible for bdo youth world champs !!!! Maybe we really are " darts for all" come on Ginge you must find at last 1.
I don't think the actual number if there are any at all is really important. The fact is and remains that the BDO has measures in place to exclude youth players and although this year it may not have excluded anyone next year and years after it may well be.

Also let's be honest if you were a very talented 16 year old who was good enough to be competitive would you really be concerned over the BDO Youth Title especially when more than likely it will cost you nearly the same to play and win it as you could ever hope to get back in prize money.

I think a very talented 16 year old would be very interested in winning the BDO World Youth as it is a good title to hold and could easily generate sponsors and extra publicity for the player...and it also doesn't stop him playing the PDC Youth as well....nothing to lose really for a non PDPA player.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

WCDPA wrote:seems to be a rumour going around that pdc youth tour might become members only, would this be a good move or politics even affecting the youth now.
as I sais its a rumour ive heard twice in last few weeks , wonder if the knowledgable pdc guys on here have heard anything.
Seems like no one had the answer to this question (or were willing to share it) and the thread went off about the BDO restricting the youth not the PDC.

But on the subject of restriction I was surprised Paul did defend the BDO (if it's true 16 yr olds will be excluded from the BDO youth WC if they play in the PDC - think I have read this thread correctly), he's always been big enough to criticise them when needed.

It's irrelevant how many it effects now, what about the principle?

And consider when Billy the kid and Luis turn 16. Why can't they play both youth systems and then make a choice later in life as to were is best for them to play darts. I thought the BDO were not going to play politics with the youth. Hope the PDC are not either.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Can I ask, is this because of the tomlin order?
I believe it states that one code cannot play in the other if the word "world" is in the title.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ifm wrote:Can I ask, is this because of the tomlin order?
I believe it states that one code cannot play in the other if the word "world" is in the title.

There has been players who have played in the PDC World Cup and carried on playing BDO ranked events in the same year....and also who played in the PDC World Champs who never became PDPA members and played BDO ranked events as well so I assume you can play them
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

trotter wrote:

There has been players who have played in the PDC World Cup and carried on playing BDO ranked events in the same year....and also who played in the PDC World Champs who never became PDPA members and played BDO ranked events as well so I assume you can play them
Well the pdc don't adhere to the tomlin order so I know it works in that direction but the bdo do I believe, I'm just wondering if that may be the reason here.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ifm wrote:
trotter wrote:

Well the pdc don't adhere to the tomlin order so I know it works in that direction but the bdo do I believe, I'm just wondering if that may be the reason here.

I thought the original Tomlin Order allowed players to basically play in anything throughout the year but could only play in one of the World Championships....it's that long ago I can't remember...but neither side has adhered to that for years....probably from after 2000 when you had to become a PDPA member to play PDC events which stopped Martin Adams playing in the World Matchplay and World Grand Prix like he had done and caused the mass defection to the PDC prior to the World Champs
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

trotter wrote:
ifm wrote:
trotter wrote:

I thought the original Tomlin Order allowed players to basically play in anything throughout the year but could only play in one of the World Championships....it's that long ago I can't remember...but neither side has adhered to that for years....probably from after 2000 when you had to become a PDPA member to play PDC events which stopped Martin Adams playing in the World Matchplay and World Grand Prix like he had done and caused the mass defection to the PDC prior to the World Champs
Yeah just looked it up, for some reason I had something in my head about comps with world in the title.
The bdo does still adhere to it but then it's not actually been tested as players don't tend to move that way.

Madsocks
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Could Larry Butler test it this year? On course to make Lakeside and then go to PDC qualifier and get through that?