Your picks for new PDC World Champions in the future

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WadeFan180
Steady Sixties

Your picks for new PDC World Champions in the future

Post by WadeFan180 »

You can appoint, justify and argue your picks for the first-timers PDC World Champions at the upcoming years. Imo, it all depends of Van Gerwen's performances but I pick Anderson, M. Smith and Bunting for some glory.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Re: Your picks for new PDC World Champions in the future

Post by MancheStar »

Wade has to win 1 in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Merv King just because I think maybe one year the draw will open up for him one time.
Incredible Justine
Steady Sixties

Post by Incredible Justine »

Bunting. Already won a BDO world title. More than capable of winning the PDC title
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

i think Michael Smith will win one in few years i would love to see Anderson win one
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

I see Anderson winning it in the next 1-3 years. Great consistency, performs well in the majors, very difficult to beat, players fear him. Bunting and M Smith aren't mature enough for a PDC World title yet. Both have the genuine talent but it won't happen sooner than 3 years I think.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Chambord wrote:I see Anderson winning it in the next 1-3 years. Great consistency, performs well in the majors, very difficult to beat, players fear him.
That's why they totally didn't have to shoehorn him into this year's Grand Slam...
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

The next 10 years will be shared between MvG, Lewis, Wade, Anderson maybe Taylor will roll the years back and get another.

Smith will need to have the draw open up for him and then he needs to play his A game, Bunting needs to be more consistant to beat the top guys, the Premier League (if he's picked) will help him a lot with that. Hopefully it won't break him like it did Webster.
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Zeyes wrote:
Chambord wrote:I see Anderson winning it in the next 1-3 years. Great consistency, performs well in the majors, very difficult to beat, players fear him.
That's why they totally didn't have to shoehorn him into this year's Grand Slam...
Yes, he didn't win anything but mostly bowed out after fighting the life out of his opponent. He needs to work a bit on not losing on the last freaking leg / set, that's true.
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Taylor with all his new "genius" darts but most of all Lewis (the guy is cooked / bored) won't ever win it again imo.

I'd like to see Wade win but he has a mountain to climb. And that mountain is his mind that keeps telling him he can't do it.
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

Chizzy, Hendo and probably Woods.
Chizzyesque
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Wayne Thomas.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Rowby Rodriguez and Michael Smith. Wade will get one surely, and hopefully Ando can sneak one in.

Would also love to see Bunting win the big one.
thomas251292
The Ton Club

Post by thomas251292 »

I would say Michael Smith, Wade, Anderson and may be Bunting. Also I can see Taylor and maybe even RVB winning another
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

Chambord wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Yes, he didn't win anything but mostly bowed out after fighting the life out of his opponent. He needs to work a bit on not losing on the last freaking leg / set, that's true.
Short memory there, mate? 2007 Saw Gary win the prestigious BDO/PDC combined Dutch tournaments World Darts Trophy and International Darts League. In the WDT final he trounced Taylor 7 sets to 3, despite Phil averaging over 100 and throwing 17 or 18 times 180!
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Rudy wrote:
Chambord wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Short memory there, mate? 2007 Saw Gary win the prestigious BDO/PDC combined Dutch tournaments World Darts Trophy and International Darts League. In the WDT final he trounced Taylor 7 sets to 3, despite Phil averaging over 100 and throwing 17 or 18 times 180!

i think that year he lost 13-11 in the GSOD semi to Taylor with a near 100 adv
david cox
Superleague Player

Post by david cox »

I only see MVG, Lewis and Taylor winning for the forseeable future, the rest just dont seem to be able to do it when it really matters,wade would be the other, m. Smith wouldnt have the bottle for me far too inconsistent, think he needs at least another 4 years before he would have a chance. As for rowby,ive as good a chance of winning a world title as him, which is zero.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

david cox wrote:I only see MVG, Lewis and Taylor winning for the forseeable future, the rest just dont seem to be able to do it when it really matters,wade would be the other, m. Smith wouldnt have the bottle for me far too inconsistent, think he needs at least another 4 years before he would have a chance. As for rowby,ive as good a chance of winning a world title as him, which is zero.
not many people expected peter wright to make the world final last time so you could see some one make the final but i agree with those people MVG, Lewis and Taylor but i would add wade and Anderson to good a players to be counted out
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Rudy wrote:
Chambord wrote:
Zeyes wrote:

Mate, that was a reply to Zeyes regarding the way Anderson qualified for this year's GS. And I was talking about the fact that he didn't win any tournament that would have qualified him automatically for GS if not for the late changes in the qualification rules. Until this very year Euro Tour wins didn't get you a place in the GS. Clear now ?
T-Mac
Brass Darts

Post by T-Mac »

Whitlock
Wade
Anderson
Chisnall
Huybrechts
M Smith
Bunting