UNICORN - 2014 Players Champ Competition Homepage

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

UNICORN - 2014 Players Champ Competition Homepage

Post by Booji Boy »

The Unicorn 2014 Players Championship Finals Prediction Game!

Prizes

The top 3 entrants will each win a set of darts of their choosing from the Unicorn catalogue (click here) :DDDD: :DDDD:

In addition, a randomly selected entrant who entered all three rounds and has more than 200 posts will win a Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard - the true choice of the professional :DDDD: :DDDD:

What to do

Before each of the three days of the Players Championship Finals, you will be asked to give your predictions of the match scores, as well as your answers to some bonus questions.

Scoring

The points available for each match are dependent on the round and consist of a base score for selecting the correct winner (increasing with each round) and a bonus for getting the correct scoreline (value depending on the match distance).

- Last 32: 3 points for the correct winner, and an extra 6 points for the correct result
- Last 16: 6 points for the correct winner, and an extra 9 points for the correct result
- Quarters: 12 points for the correct winner, and an extra 9 points for the correct result

(Extra points for second and third round changed from 10 to 9 due to tournament format change by the PDC.)

Due to the too short turnaround time between the quarterfinal and semifinal/final sessions, no match predictions will be available for the latter. However, in order to add a bit of suspense to the Sunday night proceedings, your first round entry will also require you to name your presumed 4 semifinalists. These picks will score points as follows:

- 15 points each if any of your picks is a losing semifinalist
- 25 points if one of your picks is the runner-up
- 40 points if one of your is the tournament champion

In addition, the customary bonus questions will be asked in each round:

Code: Select all

HiAvg  LowAvg HighOut HighOut
          Player Player Player  Score
Last 32     10     10     10      -
Last 16     10     10     10      -
Quarters     5      5      5      5
Semis         2x 7/3       -      5
Final         2x 7/3       -      5

SF+Final total number of 180's scored: 7/3 points
[/size]
As the participants in the semifinals and the final won't be known at the time of entry, you will be asked to predict the highest/higher and lowest/lower average in each of the two rounds. Choices that are within 1 point of the correct number will score 7 points, choices within 2 points will score 3 points. Lastly, you will be asked to predict how many 180s in total will be scored in the final session. Exact hits will score 7 points, choices that are within 1 of the correct number will score 3 points.

Please be aware of the short turnaround time between rounds!

Any player making a FIRST ROUND entry that does not include a valid product code from the Unicorn catalogue (click here) will be INELIGIBLE for any prizes, including the Eclipse Pro.

The first-round template will follow shortly in a separate thread.

Good luck!

Smallprint

i) Should it be necessary to break a tie to award the sets of darts, all points scored through the bonus questions will be disregarded and only the total match prediction + semifinalist prediction scores will be compared. Should these sums be identical as well, only the scores of the match predictions will be considered. Should there still be a tie, the entrant who predicted the greatest number of match winners correctly will prevail (i.e. out of the 28 matches to be predicted in the tournament, regardless of scorelines). Should there still be a tie, the correctly predicted match winners will be compared round-by-round in reverse order, i.e. starting at the quarterfinal.

For bragging rights, these tie-breakers will in any case be applied to recognize the overall 1st place entrant of the competition, should it be necessary, even if all involved entrants are guaranteed a set of darts.

ii) An entrant who is awarded a set of darts cannot also be the winner of the random draw for the Eclipse Pro.

iii) No entries made after the published deadline in each round will be accepted. No exceptions!

The decisions of myself and the site moderators are final. I myself am not eligible for any prize.

All entries made by duplicate accounts and Fluff will be disregarded.
Booji Boy
International

Re: UNICORN - 2014 Players Champ Competition Homepage

Post by Booji Boy »

Day one thread will be up shortly.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Nice one, Col. :)
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Dont go praising me yet pal. There will be much hilarity aimed at me when you see me cock this whole thing up.
deetee89
Pub Champion

Post by deetee89 »

Col wrote:Dont go praising me yet pal. There will be much hilarity aimed at me when you see my cock .

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D
sammylad
Pub Champion

Post by sammylad »

phil davies wrote:I'm going to this event for the full 3 days and will be very pissed I'll try my best to post my prediction in each round........... :D
me too! premium accommodation & seating this year :)
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

phil davies wrote:I'm going to this event for the full 3 days and will be very pissed I'll try my best to post my prediction in each round........... :D
Hoping to try for this next year :)
showtime69
Steady Sixties

Post by showtime69 »

i wasnt going to enter this as i know it pisses certain people off when posters with low post counts enter but i recieved an email today informing me of the comp (even though im on most days having a read without posting and was aware of it)

what are the admins feelings on low post counts entering?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

enter away showtime.
showtime69
Steady Sixties

Post by showtime69 »

ok mate cheers

not as if i will win but its a nice wee interest while watching the tournament.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

My issue isn't really low post counts. We ask that winners do a review of the product. None of the winners of the darts has done one from the GSoD comp as far as I can see.
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

showtime69 wrote:ok mate cheers

not as if i will win but its a nice wee interest while watching the tournament.
You best choose a set of darts though Showtime if you want to win anything! :darts

Edit: Sorry that post was meant for StevieB !!
Last edited by ChunkIOW on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be lucky than good!
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

sammylad wrote:
me too! premium accommodation & seating this year :)
Phil / Sammy, what's it like at Minehead? Been doing first weekend at Lakeside for years, we much prefer to see lots of different games than just a couple of semi's or a final. Been thinking about a possible switch to Minehead for next year.
sammylad
Pub Champion

Post by sammylad »

I like it.... It'll be my 3rd time plus I've booked for the UK open. Lots to do even when the darts have finished. They have plenty of bars and live music. Take always and beer can be expensive but they have a spar shop which can keep cost down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
showtime69
Steady Sixties

Post by showtime69 »

spaceman70 wrote:My issue isn't really low post counts. We ask that winners do a review of the product. None of the winners of the darts has done one from the GSoD comp as far as I can see.
well i promise that in the unlikely event of a showtime victory i will post a review of my prize :D

i understand where youre coming from with that to be honest, people only coming on during comps and buggering off until the next one comes around.

as i say i do come on and read quite regularly but dont feel as though anything i have to say would enlighten/interest any of the regular posters (infact anybody at all for that matter lol) so i tend to just read and keep my thoughts to myself but i do enjoy coming on and reading the latest news/opinions (well most of the opinions haha)
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

sammylad wrote:I like it.... It'll be my 3rd time plus I've booked for the UK open. Lots to do even when the darts have finished. They have plenty of bars and live music. Take always and beer can be expensive but they have a spar shop which can keep cost down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well if we are the big BDO to PDC switchers next year we may well just put Minehead on the list! :D
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Slight ammendment to the rules in terms of the random draw. Just ensuring the prize goes to someone who enters more than just the comps.
Tony Collins
Feather Flights

Post by Tony Collins »

Hi with me been new to the forum I noticed the comp so just wondering if I am able to enter
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Tony Collins wrote:Hi with me been new to the forum I noticed the comp so just wondering if I am able to enter
Yes that's fine.
Tony Collins
Feather Flights

Post by Tony Collins »

Ok thanks