Adams not happy with Bunting (and others).

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

Re: Adams not happy with Bunting (and others).

Post by oche balboa »

patrick wrote:Adams would have not won a World Championship or World Masters if certain players had of stayed within the BDO he should be lucky they used the lakeside as a springboard not give off about it.

Who knows if he would of, his form between 08-11 was very good
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

patrick wrote:Adams would have not won a World Championship or World Masters if certain players had of stayed within the BDO he should be lucky they used the lakeside as a springboard not give off about it.
Quite right, he'd never have won anything if the likes of Anderson, Webster, whitlock, King, Thornton, waites, klaasen or van Gerwen had been in the same field.

Oh hang on.............
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
Quite right, he'd never have won anything if the likes of Anderson, Webster, whitlock, King, Thornton, waites, klaasen or van Gerwen had been in the same field.

Oh hang on.............
Don't bring common sense into it, you'll confuse the fanboys :DDD:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Comes across as a bit of a penis.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Oh hang on.............

I don't think anybody should question Adams ability as a dart thrower...he has been one of the best either code no doubt about that..and he played in some very decent Lakeside fields...a top player..
In my opinion the time he benefitted the most was Barney switching...Barney completely had his number on the Lakeside stage and I could never see him actually beating Barney on that Lakeside stage...I think Barney going certainly helped him but he is still a top player and would have been a top player in the PDC despite what some people say.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

trotter wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Oh hang on.............

I don't think anybody should question Adams ability as a dart thrower...he has been one of the best either code no doubt about that..and he played in some very decent Lakeside fields...a top player..
In my opinion the time he benefitted the most was Barney switching...Barney completely had his number on the Lakeside stage and I could never see him actually beating Barney on that Lakeside stage...I think Barney going certainly helped him but he is still a top player and would have been a top player in the PDC despite what some people say.
Agreed, and by the looks of his form this year, he's not far away from being back to his 2009 - 2011 best.

He seems to be saying that players should repay the organisation that gave them the opportunity to make their name with some loyalty. Naive yes, and a bit unfair on Bunting who'd been BDO for many years, but nothing more than that surely?
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Addicks Fan wrote:He seems to be saying that players should repay the organisation that gave them the opportunity to make their name with some loyalty. Naive yes, and a bit unfair on Bunting who'd been BDO for many years, but nothing more than that surely?
How far does "some loyalty" go? To me his comments read more like, "if you plan on a PDC career eventually, please don't bother us at the Lakeside at all, we don't need you actually winning some games there and improving your name value at the expense of those of us who will stay".
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If u knock adams ur a 'fanboy'? If u think he is wrong, re the full story, ur 'adams bashing'? It's adams doing the bashing!!!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
patrick
Steady Sixties

Post by patrick »

nikkiboy wrote:

Oh hang on.............

Oh hang on yourself Webster 08 Lakeside, Thornton Masters 07 and he won nothing until barney switched which is the main point. I am not for one second doubting Adams as a great player in fact I think he will go far at lakeside if not win it, but he is giving off about something that has helped him greatly 3 world titles and 3 world masters all after barney switched would he have won those with barney in the field? who knows I don't think so though.

On Bunting there was surely no one as happy when he switched than Martin Adams I wonder why.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:If u knock adams ur a 'fanboy'? If u think he is wrong, re the full story, ur 'adams bashing'? It's adams doing the bashing!!!
Erm no
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

You would make a great mod Ian.
noddy69
Superleague Player

Post by noddy69 »

I think Martin should be happy the Lakeside still means enough that players want to win it before moving. Players should be free to play where they want. This idea of owing an organisation anything whether PDC or BDO is nonsense. If anything the organisations owe the players for their success or otherwise.
I don't think Martin should be berated for his decision to stay but he also should not have a go at darts players for leaving to play in another organisation. The Lakeside is a stepping stone at the minute. He may not like it but BDO darts needs some serious work before that changes.
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

noddy69 wrote:I think Martin should be happy the Lakeside still means enough that players want to win it before moving. Players should be free to play where they want. This idea of owing an organisation anything whether PDC or BDO is nonsense. If anything the organisations owe the players for their success or otherwise.
I don't think Martin should be berated for his decision to stay but he also should not have a go at darts players for leaving to play in another organisation. The Lakeside is a stepping stone at the minute. He may not like it but BDO darts needs some serious work before that changes.
Good post :DDDD:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Col wrote:You would make a great mod Ian.
Then there would be 3 on here :)

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Adams is right here, fair play to the bloke for speaking out.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
StevieB
Brass Darts

Post by StevieB »

I reckon Adams is correct in his assessment also as why should players whom were recognized

by the BDO then think after a season or so to switch over

yes Adams is right a reckon .
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

devosteve wrote:If u knock adams ur a 'fanboy'? If u think he is wrong, re the full story, ur 'adams bashing'? It's adams doing the bashing!!!

I wouldn't take anything ifm says too seriously....anybody who says anything remotely negative about the BDO is always a fanboy...seems if you are a true darts fan you can't admit to any failings on the BDO side or remotely criticise any BDO player.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

They take the Lakeside prize which the should contractually defend the following year but feck off to the darkside. Both Adams and Ross have copious scruples.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

StevieB wrote:I reckon Adams is correct in his assessment also as why should players whom were recognized

by the BDO then think after a season or so to switch over

yes Adams is right a reckon .

It's call making the most of your talent...why wouldn't you....if that happened nobody would ever look to change jobs or get promoted...it's a ridiculous comment to a ridiculous article.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

trotter wrote:

I wouldn't take anything ifm says too seriously....anybody who says anything remotely negative about the BDO is always a fanboy...seems if you are a true darts fan you can't admit to any failings on the BDO side or remotely criticise any BDO player.
You can where it's justified but people on here criticise for the sake of it.