World Cup Japan

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zeyes
International

Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Zeyes »

Ginge wrote:As for future venues, there is a very good reason why the PDC play their World Cup in Frankfurt. Maybe had the WDF World Cup been in Tokyo, it wouldnt have been quite as bad but that ship has sailed now.
Tokyo tends to be even more expensive than the Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe area though, so whatever teams might save on travel they'd probably give back (and more) in accommodation.

(And of course, "Tokyo" is so large that there's no guarantee that the actual event location would be any more accessible relative to where the airport is...)
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Hopefully it'll be in Robin Park Tennis centre next time. Which is easy access from anywhere in the world.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

"Winning for your country is up with winning the World Championship, without a doubt – no matter what the tournament is.[/i][/b]
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/ ... _Mitchell/

Strange he makes no mention how England refused to go to the world cup despite having 4 years to prepare for it
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:Hopefully it'll be in Robin Park Tennis centre next time. Which is easy access from anywhere in the world.
You joke but it would result in a better turnout for the World Cup than the one in Kobe will be getting....
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Since the PDC has been brought into it already - given that the WDF no longer bars PDC players (not even tour card holders) from its events, maybe the PDC could offer to send men's teams for the home nations? Clashes with the World Grand Prix, but I'm sure you could source four lower-ranked guys for each squad...
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zeyes wrote:Since the PDC has been brought into it already - given that the WDF no longer bars PDC players (not even tour card holders) from its events, maybe the PDC could offer to send men's teams for the home nations? Clashes with the World Grand Prix, but I'm sure you could source four lower-ranked guys for each squad...
Even if the WDF allow them the PDC don't.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Zeyes wrote:Since the PDC has been brought into it already - given that the WDF no longer bars PDC players (not even tour card holders) from its events, maybe the PDC could offer to send men's teams for the home nations? Clashes with the World Grand Prix, but I'm sure you could source four lower-ranked guys for each squad...
Would only be an issue if it was televised, wouldnt it?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
I think it covers streaming as well
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: World Cup Japan

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Is it being streamed?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:
Is it being streamed?
In Japan, has to be if not locally televised
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Paddy McGinty wrote:I do think the WDF should take some responsibility and insist that the venue selected should be affordable and sensibly located where ever it is throughout the World.
Theese events get woted in at WDF meetings, where all(most) countries take part
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Not that it was a particularly serious suggestion in the first place, but you know, "maybe the PDC could offer..." kind of implied them taking care of any possible issues with their own playing contracts.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The Master wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:I do think the WDF should take some responsibility and insist that the venue selected should be affordable and sensibly located where ever it is throughout the World.
Well acording to our resident tart otjerwise known as ginge japan was the only catd on the table........is this not correct?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
The Master wrote:
Well acording to our resident tart otjerwise known as ginge japan was the only catd on the table........is this not correct?
It was. And they approved it based on the original cheaper costings.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It's always going to be in a country that don't suit some other countries. It's a world cup.

It's not like all the countries that will be in Japan are gonna live round the corner. Some financed their set up correctly to be able to attend and some didn't. It's that simple.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

It's the most talked about World Cup though that is clear. People used to write it off as not relevant anymore.
But it is clearly more important as shown here.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Rout wrote:It's always going to be in a country that don't suit some other countries. It's a world cup.

It's not like all the countries that will be in Japan are gonna live round the corner. Some financed their set up correctly to be able to attend and some didn't. It's that simple.
Don't think you will find many disagree with this.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
mapleleafdarts
Steady Sixties

Post by mapleleafdarts »

ssjsa wrote:
Rout wrote:It's always going to be in a country that don't suit some other countries. It's a world cup.

Not I. We Canadians have to travel every time, even if it was in our own country. We can bitch about it but the key word is "World".
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

mapleleafdarts wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Not I. We Canadians have to travel every time, even if it was in our own country. We can bitch about it but the key word is "World".
Or decline to go on security grounds! Perhaps we should have said we wouldn't go because of risks of earthquakes ! There have been more earthquakes in Kobe than terrorist attacks in Antalya .
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:
mapleleafdarts wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Or decline to go on security grounds! Perhaps we should have said we wouldn't go because of risks of earthquakes ! There have been more earthquakes in Kobe than terrorist attacks in Antalya .
Yes, lying on top of incompetence would have been the better route.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks