The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Ginge »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:When is the AGM?
Summer sometime usually. July? Certainly isnt coming up.

They do have occasional Delegates Meetings, though.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Re: The BDO Unofficial & Unregulated World Darts Championships 4-12 Jan 2020 Indigo at the O2

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
Rout wrote:I would have thought their job was to promote the companies that employ their services, not themselves, no?
Aye they have been doing. British Demolition Awards last year seemed to be the last thing they plugged on FB and Twitter but as my initial point states, all very quiet of late.
If I employed a company to run my social media (which is a ridiculous thing to do in the first place, I might add) I wouldn't really care that they didnt promote my company on their own social media pages though.

I would want them to be using MY social media accounts to do build up my own following and therefore going after my target audience.

Point is, perhaps they are active, just not on their own pages. Perhaps they are on the pages of the people paying them like they should be?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Thats going to be an interesting conversation when he suggests Paula shouldnt have a log on for the FB page....

But yes I agree with you really about the ridiculousness of that aspect. Much bigger issues anyway than the FB page that arent being solved unless he walks.

Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

TimmyB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:57 pm
BlueSpark wrote:Chambers Media have their work cut out
Wouldnt you expect a media company to be quite active on social media channels?

Two Tweets since the 16th September, nothing at all since the 7th December.

Last thing they did on FB was change the profile picture...over 6 months ago.

Ben has been advised not to get involved in social media until after the BDO AGM.
Over 5 months away, then. Odd. AGM is the 2nd August....
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:Thats going to be an interesting conversation when he suggests Paula shouldnt have a log on for the FB page....

But yes I agree with you really about the ridiculousness of that aspect. Much bigger issues anyway than the FB page that arent being solved unless he walks.
Social media is a godsend for an organisation such as the BDO. It's free advertising. It's not like they dont understand this with their cyprus/torremolinos spamming for fun. They just do a terrible job with it when it matters most.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Smeenof_Ice
Feather Flights

Post by Smeenof_Ice »

BDO instagram.JPG
BDO instagram.JPG (128.33 KiB) Viewed 999 times
The BDO Facebook page is a shambles. The BDO Twitter account hasn't been updated since the Indigo final. But the Instagram page is the saddest of all.

One update during the tournament to say Nick Fullwell had averaged over 90 with the wrong picture on 6th January. Then they couldn't be arsed.
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

What gets lost in all this is that the tournament itself was actually very enjoyable. There were some great games and it was very unpredictable.

Best TV tournament since Lakeside 2018 for me.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Best BDO TV tournament*
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Wazza180 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:25 pm There were some great games and it was very unpredictable.
And yet people made a killing predicting a Jacklin whitewash.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:
Ginge wrote:Thats going to be an interesting conversation when he suggests Paula shouldnt have a log on for the FB page....

Social media is a godsend for an organisation such as the BDO. It's free advertising. It's not like they dont understand this with their cyprus/torremolinos spamming for fun. They just do a terrible job with it when it matters most.
I see they got another plug for Northern Cyprus in yesterday morning at 3.24am.....
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:59 am
Rout wrote:

I see they got another plug for Northern Cyprus in yesterday morning at 3.24am.....
Are these darting holidays they offer regulated?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

You mean ATOL protected? No, as you are only booking a hotel with them, not a full package. You have to sort your own fights out.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:21 pm You mean ATOL protected? No, as you are only booking a hotel with them, not a full package. You have to sort your own fights out.
So what happens if the hotel goes tits up?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

surely it's BDO protected though, what more could anyone ask for?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ILAD wrote:
Ginge wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:21 pm You mean ATOL protected? No, as you are only booking a hotel with them, not a full package. You have to sort your own fights out.
So what happens if the hotel goes tits up?
No idea. Had you booked it direct with the hotel on a credit card you would have S75 protection but if there is a middleman.... Image
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Which Jacklin is more than capable of.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ha, that was a Freudian slip if ever there was one
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

TimmyB wrote:
Ben has been advised not to get involved in social media until after the BDO AGM.
Any luck?
Big Jock Knew
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Ginge wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:38 pm
TimmyB wrote:
Any luck?
Where has he commented?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

TimmyB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:38 pm
TimmyB wrote:
Any luck?
Where has he commented?
You tell me, your mate isnt he? Given he is owed £3600 by them and it is down as "disputed" i doubt he will be doing anything for them anytime soon. An idiot for not getting it all up front.
Big Jock Knew