PDC world championship 2013 day 12

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: PDC world championship 2013 day 12

Post by Ginge »

Arthur Daley wrote: Brilliant performance by the great man. Whatever happens from here we can now say BARNET IS BACK!
I believe it has always been in North London...
Big Jock Knew
Arthur Daley
Brass Darts

Post by Arthur Daley »

Ginge wrote:
Arthur Daley wrote: Brilliant performance by the great man. Whatever happens from here we can now say BARNET IS BACK!
I believe it has always been in North London...
Well spotted!
:banghead:
Stinus98
The Ton Club

Post by Stinus98 »

Very sad from Taylor to say Barney had suicidals
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Conor74 wrote:Did Taylor let something out of the bag about Barney's marital situation or was it common knowledge?

What did he say? I must have missed that bit.

Taylor did say "Barney told me he wanted to die in his sleep" - a disgusting breech of trust if Barney did in fact tell him that.
Taylor said that Barney was back with his wife and playing well and with a lot of confidence. I remember that Barney said after the blackmail scandal that his wife was wondering what he had done in the first place if he was being blackmailed. If they had split for a while, that's hardly a huge revelation.

Regarding the "die in my sleep" comment, I don't think Taylor was being malicious, but wanted to draw comparisons with Barney's current confidence. Taylor probably shouldn't have said that, but I'm not sure that Barney should have been telling Taylor that in the first place. Then again, Taylor once said publicly that he felt suicidal during that 18 month period where he was being prosecuted and his family were none the wiser.
Last edited by PT13 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:Paulie, I enjoyed watching Taylorbeing Taylor again. I maybe enjoyed it more than a single game because of the prospect of the Barney match up considering how he played.

But I will never call a performance BDO or PDC of that standard boring.

more like his old self tonight should be a cracker against Barney if barney can stay positive and doesnt let phil get into his head........although i thinl phil has fired the first salvo in the mind games! he is a master tactition for sure.
robot
Superleague Player

Post by robot »

Taylor always come across as a spanner.
Despite Barney playing much better lately, Taylor has owned him on telly for years and I fear he will again on Sunday.
Don't reckon Barney will get more than 3 sets, down to the mental edge Taylor has over him.
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner
tootall
Pub Champion

Post by tootall »

I really hope Barney does Taylor 6-0. Taylor has no class what so ever cant believe such a disgusting individual is held in such high regard.
tootall
Pub Champion

Post by tootall »

WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:Paulie, I enjoyed watching Taylorbeing Taylor again. I maybe enjoyed it more than a single game because of the prospect of the Barney match up considering how he played.

But I will never call a performance BDO or PDC of that standard boring.

more like his old self tonight should be a cracker against Barney if barney can stay positive and doesnt let phil get into his head........although i thinl phil has fired the first salvo in the mind games! he is a master tactition for sure.
That wasnt mind games tonight Barney should ask where Taylors kids are his daughter used to be there every night of every tournament she has obviously took her mothers side
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

tootall wrote:Taylor has no class what so ever cant believe such a disgusting individual is held in such high regard.
Phil Taylor has won 69 PDC majors. James Wade is second on 7 PDC majors, and Raymond van Barneveld is third on 5 PDC majors. Says it all. One of the most dominant sportspeople of all time. In 2012 alone, hardly an awesome year by Taylor's standards, Taylor won the Premier League, the World Matchplay, Championship League Darts and the Players Championship Finals. In 2012 alone, Taylor won more PDC majors than anyone except Wade and Barney have in their careers.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

PT13 wrote:
tootall wrote:Taylor has no class what so ever cant believe such a disgusting individual is held in such high regard.
Phil Taylor has won 69 PDC majors. James Wade is second on 7 PDC majors, and Raymond van Barneveld is third on 5 PDC majors. Says it all. One of the most dominant sportspeople of all time. In 2012 alone, hardly an awesome year by Taylor's standards, Taylor won the Premier League, the World Matchplay, Championship League Darts and the Players Championship Finals. In 2012 alone, Taylor won more PDC majors than anyone except Wade and Barney have in their careers.
And??
Big Jock Knew
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

Ginge wrote:
PT13 wrote:
And??
And that is why Phil Taylor is held in such high regard. He's earned his success by dedicating himself over years to perfecting the game of darts. Nothing came easy in his success story. He worked hard for it.
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

Hope rvb wins but believe me a Taylor wc win would be amazing for the sport of darts
tootall
Pub Champion

Post by tootall »

PT13 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
PT13 wrote:
And??
And that is why Phil Taylor is held in such high regard. He's earned his success by dedicating himself over years to perfecting the game of darts. Nothing came easy in his success story. He worked hard for it.
he can win every darts event from now until the end of time he will still have no class.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Taylor = horrible little c**t. That interview was disgusting. I hope Barney does him 6-0.
BTW - another pearler from Pike. Barney on 91. Pike says 'he may go the bull route'. WTF? What an utter carrot this commentator is! Stu - please explain why anyone with more than two brain cells on a two dart finish would try and hit the bull or 25 thererby leaving a minimum three dart finish? I mean seriously....apart from his cliched crap he aint got an effin clue. What possible advantage is there to go the bull route on 91? :DDD:
tootall
Pub Champion

Post by tootall »

Murphio wrote:Taylor = horrible little c**t. That interview was disgusting. I hope Barney does him 6-0.
BTW - another pearler from Pike. Barney on 91. Pike says 'he may go the bull route'. WTF? What an utter carrot this commentator is! Stu - please explain why anyone with more than two brain cells on a two dart finish would try and hit the bull or 25 thererby leaving a minimum three dart finish? I mean seriously....apart from his cliched crap he aint got an effin clue. What possible advantage is there to go the bull route on 91? :DDD:
Can the crowd at the venue hear whats being said in the studio because half way through that interview they started up the Barney army chants :dutch I for one hope they get tanked up on sunday and give Taylor hell
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

The hate for Taylor is strong in this one.....keept it coming. Some of it is very funny tbh. :WWWW:
Last edited by slymaster on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

Murphio wrote:Taylor = horrible little c**t. That interview was disgusting. I hope Barney does him 6-0.
If someone has a 91-95 finish, hitting the 25-ring or the bull should guarantee at least 1 shot at the bull or a double to win the leg. If you don't go the bull route, hitting singles will not get you to a finish at that visit so you'll need to hit a treble (or technically a double).
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

Mmmmm
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

PT13 wrote:
If someone has a 91-95 finish, hitting the 25-ring or the bull should guarantee at least 1 shot at the bull or a double to win the leg. If you don't go the bull route, hitting singles will not get you to a finish at that visit so you'll need to hit a treble (or technically a double).
I'm sorry, what are you talking about? Hitting the bull on 91 means a minimum three dart finish - two doubles and one single. Hitting the 25 means a minimum three dart finish with a single, a treble and double. If you go for treble 17 and hit it you have two darts at a double. If you land in single 17 you still have another two darts to go out. There is no advantage whatsoever to go for the bull on 91 - none.
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

Murphio wrote:
PT13 wrote:
I'm sorry, what are you talking about? Hitting the bull on 91 means a minimum three dart finish - two doubles and one single. Hitting the 25 means a minimum three dart finish with a single, a treble and double. If you go for treble 17 and hit it you have two darts at a double. If you land in single 17 you still have another two darts to go out. There is no advantage whatsoever to go for the bull on 91 - none.
If you have 91, and hit either the 25-ring or the bull, you have a single number to hit to leave yourself on either a bull finish or a double. If you go for treble 17 and hit the single 17, that leaves you with 74, meaning that you have to hit a treble with your second dart (or technically a double) to leave yourself on a finish for your third dart.

So, going for treble 17 when on 91 is a risk in the sense that if it comes off then great and you have 2 darts at double top, but if it doesn't, you need to hit a treble with your second dart. By going for the bull, you are resigning yourself to only having 1 dart at a finish, but the odds of you getting to a finish are greater.