The UNICORN 2013 Premier League Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

The UNICORN 2013 Premier League Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Ginge »

The Unicorn Premier League Prediction League 2013!

The true test of predicting stamina!

15 weeks of darts action.

Exactly the same rules as last year for the first nine weeks, but first of all, here are the prizes.

Weekly Winners

The 15 weekly winners will each win a set of darts of their choosing from the Unicorn catalogue (click here) :DDDD: :DDDD:

IN ADDITION, a random entry each week (including the Finals night) will also win a set of their own choosing!! :DDDD: :DDDD:

Overall Winner

The overall winner after the Finals Night will pick up a Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard - the true choice of the professional :DDDD: :DDDD:

So with Weekly prizes on offer, there is still an incentive to join in after a few weeks, and even if you miss a week, you still could win a prize. And even if your predictions are rubbish, you might be the lucky winner in the random draw!
:DDDD: :DDDD:
The Rules - Weeks 1 to 9, and Finals Night

Every week I shall start a thread where you make your predictions. This thread will have all the tables and standings.

- Predict the scores of the 5 matches . First to 7, although draws are possible at 6-6. FIVE POINTS if you predict the correct winner and scoreline, or just TWO POINTS if you just predict the correct winner with incorrect scoreline. All correctly predicted draws will give you 5 points. Just to clarify the highest score for each match is 5, and not 7
- I also would like to know who you think will get the HIGHEST AVERAGE, LOWEST AVERAGE and the HIGHEST CHECKOUT of the night. Just the name will do, not what you think the highest average will be! TWO POINTS for each of the averages, ONE POINT for the highest checkout.
- This gives a total of 30 points to be won each night. Finals Night is the same as above except with all points to be DOUBLED

With each entry, I will also ask you to provide a tiebreak of how many 180s you think will be hit on the night, as well as the choice of darts you want if you win the prize.

The Rules - Weeks 10 to 14

Every week I shall start a thread where you make your predictions. This thread will have all the tables and standings.

- Predict the scores of the 5 or 6 matches. First to 7, although draws are possible at 6-6. However for these weeks, the number of points you earn will depend on the final scoreline:

Correct winner (but wrong scoreline) = 2 pts (as before)
6-6 = 5 points (as before)
7-5 = 4 points
7-4 = 4 points
7-3 = 6 points
7-2 = 6 points
7-1 = 8 points
7-0 = 8 points

Therefore if you think the match will be won by more than one break of throw, this will earn you more points! Do you take the risk or go for a safe 7-5 option? The choice is yours!
- I also would like to know who you think will get the HIGHEST AVERAGE, LOWEST AVERAGE and the HIGHEST CHECKOUT of the night. Just the name will do, not what you think the highest average will be! TWO POINTS for each of the averages, ONE POINT for the highest checkout.

With each entry, I will also ask you to provide a tiebreak of how many 180s you think will be hit on the night, as well as the choice of darts you want if you win the prize.

Good luck!

Smallprint

The highest score each week will win the prize. If a tie, then the "number of 180s" tiebreaker comes into operation, and the nearest wins.
If still tied, then the bonus points will be disregarded and the highest in the tie then wins. If STILL a tie, and only two are in the tie, both will win a set of darts and the random draw will be withdrawn for that week ONLY. If more than two are in the tie, the two players to have predicted first will win a set of darts.

For the overall prize, the person with the highest aggregate score after 15 weeks wins. If a tie, then all bonus points will be disregarded and the highest in the tie then wins. If STILL a tie, then the person who scored the highest in the Finals Night wins overall, and if STILL a tie after that, a countback system will be used starting with the individual scores in Week Fourteen, Week Thirteen etc.. until the tie can be split. In the unlikely event this still cant split the tie, a mini prediction game involving the European Tour Event 3 in Dusseldorf in May will be used to attempt to split it.

If any match is postponed, this will be removed from the scores for the night and will not be substituted. If two players achieve the same highest average, lowest average or highest checkout, both will score the relevant number of points. For example, if Hamilton and Taylor both check out 170, anyone who picked Hamilton or Taylor will pick up a point.

All entries need to have a dart code and weight as published on the Unicorn website. If an entry does not have this information than the prize will revert to second place/another random winner. Previous weeks entries will not be looked at. Points, however, will still be scored for the overall table.

The decision of myself and the site moderators are final. I myself will not be claiming any prize, If I win a week then the prize will revert to 2nd place.

The same user cannot win both sets of darts in the same week. If the random draw selects the points winner, a redraw will take place. However there is nothing stopping anyone winning more than one set of darts throughout the 15 weeks of the competition.

Dart winners will have until the time specified by myself or Spaceman70 to claim their darts, which will require the winner(s) to send a PM to Spaceman70 noticing of the address to send the darts too. This will be a time period of at least 48 hours, more often than not 72 hours if the results are posted Friday morning. Due to factors outside my control, the results may not be posted on a Friday morning, however the above time period will still apply.

If the winner does not notify Spaceman70 within this time than the organisers reserve the right to offer the prize to second place and/or another random draw winner, depending on the circumstances.

All entries made by duplicate accounts and Fluff will be disregarded.
Last edited by Ginge on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Re: The UNICORN 2013 Premier League Prediction Game - HOMEP

Post by Ginge »

I havent forgotten about this! Week 1 thread will go up today, which will give plenty of time to for the fly by night posters to enter Week 1 and then not bother with the rest, thus creating pointless extra rows on my spreadsheet :roll:
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Love this whole prediction comp.

Great chance to win a prize every week.

Big thanks to Unicorn for providing our prizes and of course to Ginge for putting in the time and effort to run it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I have also toyed with the idea of filming the random draw and putting it on Youtube.

But then I though why the f**k should I bother?
Big Jock Knew
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Ginge wrote:I have also toyed with the idea of filming the random draw and putting it on Youtube.

no need unless anyone really has issues with how you do it, and then I would question if they wanted to run the comp next time? :D
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Stubby wrote:
Ginge wrote:I have also toyed with the idea of filming the random draw and putting it on Youtube.

no need unless anyone really has issues with how you do it, and then I would question if they wanted to run the comp next time? :D
You missed the rantings of a regular forum user the other night then :D

I can only assume it was alcohol-induced.
Attachments
Bobs 27.xls
(37.37 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Last edited by Ginge on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

If you do film it can it be in HD (possibly 3D) and given a strictly 1 night only showing in IMAX cinemas across the country? ;) ;)
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Ginge wrote:
Stubby wrote:

yes I missed that what was the jist of the rant?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

happyintheuk wrote:If you do film it can it be in HD (possibly 3D) and given a strictly 1 night only showing in IMAX cinemas across the country? ;) ;)
Good idea. I shall get on the blower to Cineworld!
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Stubby wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Stubby wrote:

Start reading from here - http://www.thestarsofdarts.com/forum/vi ... 09#p315083
Big Jock Knew
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Ginge wrote:
Stubby wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Stubby wrote:

Start reading from here - http://www.thestarsofdarts.com/forum/vi ... 09#p315083
Obviously desperate for a dartboard??
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Stubby wrote:
Obviously desperate?
Aye :D
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Apologies again as I said the other night. It was a heat of the moment comment.
It probably was my personal relationship with him that made this comment come out.
But also as I know how many time it has been implied on here that draws that go on behind closed
doors could be not entirely fair (even by Ginge himself). I just thought a fairer method could give a more open procedure as it is a sponsored competition.

But if everyone is ok with it I won't bring it up again and as Ginge said in the post last time. His word is final on this.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Offer suggestions as to how it can be more transparent and it shall be considered.

Or in other words - be constructive or f**k off.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I don't think it would be appropriate for me to do that anymore.
Like i said not another peep from me on this.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I am pretty sure on more than one occasion the random draw winner has been someone Ginge has had some kind of complaint put to him about the competition - that's more than good enough for me.
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

I won a dart board and it is hanging nicely up on my door, where I can practice if i can be asked whenever I want :-)
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

The Cat wrote:I am pretty sure on more than one occasion the random draw winner has been someone Ginge has had some kind of complaint put to him about the competition - that's more than good enough for me.
I remember being the stuffy lucky dip winner, about 3 days after me and Ginge had a disagreement on here, so obviously no sour grapes or fix, also look at how many who only enter comps have won the lucky dip and they do Ginge's nut in (probably what our disagreement was about). :D

P.S. Ginge I promise not to tell they were sent to you really . . . . . . . . . . . . if anyone complains ask spaceman were they were sent.
Thinking of one.
thedragon
Brass Darts

Post by thedragon »

Andy Hamilton 6-6 Robert Thornton
James Wade 5-7 Wes Newton
Raymond van Barneveld 7-4 Gary Anderson
Simon Whitlock 6-6 Adrian Lewis
Phil Taylor 6-6 Michael van Gerwen

7x180 :hot:

10400 24g Sigma™ 4 Pro
Last edited by thedragon on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

thedragon wrote:Andy Hamilton 6-6 Robert Thornton
James Wade 5-7 Wes Newton
Raymond van Barneveld 7-4 Gary Anderson
Simon Whitlock 6-6 Adrian Lewis
Phil Taylor 6-6 Michael van Gerwen

10400 24g Sigma™ 4 Pro
This entry is void for so, so, so many reasons.
Big Jock Knew