Gwynedd Open 2013

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Gwynedd Open 2013

Post by Welshwizard79 »

The Gwynedd Open 2013 will be held on Sunday 27th January 2013 at the Wellmans Sports & Social Club, Llangefni on the Isle of Anglesey.

This is the 12th staging of the Gwynedd Open, a BDO British Senior Grand Prix event which has attracted over 270 entries annually. Once again, the tournament is sponsored by the Wellmans Club with a total prize money payout of £2,550, an increase of £520 from last year.

The Open Winner also qualifies for the Winmau 2013 World Masters finals and the International Play-Offs for the 2014 BDO Lakeside World Championships.

The current title holder, England International Robbie Green, will be looking to equal Mark Webster's record of three consecutive titles this time round. Merseyside County star Green first captured the title in 2010 after being losing finalist on four previous occasions.

2002 - Derek Williams (Clwyd)
2003 - Martin Phillips (Gwynedd)
2004 - Steve Alker (Montgomery & Radnor)
2005 - Martin Phillips (Gwynedd)
2006 - Mark Webster (Clwyd)
2007 - Mark Webster (Clwyd)
2008 - Mark Webster (Clwyd)
2009 - Garret Gray (Dublin, Republic of Ireland)
2010 - Andy Beardmore (Staffordshire)
2011 - Robbie Green (Cheshire)
2012 - Robbie Green (Merseyside)

List of entrants here:

http://www.bdodarts.com/uploads/diary/0 ... ntries.pdf
biga
Brass Darts

Re: Gwynedd Open 2013

Post by biga »

can you enter on the day.i didnt register early incase the weather was bad
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Post by Welshwizard79 »

biga wrote:can you enter on the day.i didnt register early incase the weather was bad

No idea mate. I'm sure there are other people on here more able to answer that than me.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

any results form this event today

good prize money for an open to

£900 winner
£400 runner up
£200 semis
£100 quaters
£50 last 16
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Post by Welshwizard79 »

foggs3355 wrote:any results form this event today

good prize money for an open to

£900 winner
£400 runner up
£200 semis
£100 quaters
£50 last 16

Trying to find results now. It started at 11am so must be posted somewhere??
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

I heard that at 6pm they were only on round 4
Thinking of one.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

I heard that Jamie Hughes won it ! Draw is on BDO website , there's a draw bracket of last 256 on it, heard on FB he won though.
dartmart
Feather Flights

Post by dartmart »

Jaimie Hughes did win it. I lost to him in semi's.
It's a great comp, well run but needs a bigger venue.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

How did the reigning champion Kong get on?
brian
Feather Flights

Post by brian »

who was in the final of the gwynedd open were can i see the results
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Not a single result floating around anywhere a day after the event, are we back in the 1980's?
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ah OK, fair enough! :D

I had presumed Brian had looked there, that's my defence and I'm sticking to it :IIII:
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Ah OK, fair enough! :D

I had presumed Brian had looked there, that's my defence and I'm sticking to it :IIII:
I agree, it does seem to be an obvious place to look!

Nonetheless Ninge old lad, you fell straight into the big hole in the middle of the clearing covered with leaves and ferns.
The .pdf file at the bottom of the article actually contains EVERY result from the last 256 onwards.
:DDD: :DDD:

Nice to see my old mukkah Carl Dennel of Crewe going all the way to the final including a 3-0 win over the redoutable Martin Phillips!
clarky
The Ton Club

Post by clarky »

Over the day Jamie won 29 legs and lost only 2 legs - one each to Martin Atkins and Robbie Green.

Had the pleasure of watching Jamie in a few opens over the past few seasons and apart from being a fantastic dart player he is also a very nice bloke.

I honestly believe that he is good enough to represent England and is currently second to Scott Waites in the national county averages.

The only thing that might hamper his England chances are the fact that he plays for West Midlands who are not in the top league - his regular pairs partner is Ian (whippet) Jones who did represent England and also plays for West Midlands
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Post by Welshwizard79 »

Ginge wrote:Ah OK, fair enough! :D

The results have only just been put on the BDO site mind. So that's pretty poor for an event advertised on their website diary.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

clarky wrote:Over the day Jamie won 29 legs and lost only 2 legs - one each to Martin Atkins and Robbie Green.

Had the pleasure of watching Jamie in a few opens over the past few seasons and apart from being a fantastic dart player he is also a very nice bloke.

I honestly believe that he is good enough to represent England and is currently second to Scott Waites in the national county averages.

The only thing that might hamper his England chances are the fact that he plays for West Midlands who are not in the top league - his regular pairs partner is Ian (whippet) Jones who did represent England and also plays for West Midlands
Who has been in the top 10 of the averages every year for about ten years yet is consistently overlooked.
Glenn Durrant was picked for England despite being in division 3??
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
clarky
The Ton Club

Post by clarky »

ifm wrote:
clarky wrote:Over the day Jamie won 29 legs and lost only 2 legs - one each to Martin Atkins and Robbie Green.

Who has been in the top 10 of the averages every year for about ten years yet is consistently overlooked.
Glenn Durrant was picked for England despite being in division 3??
You are quite correct on that Ginge as I had forgotten about Glenn - At one time even if you did play in the premier league (unless you played for certain counties) I understand it was very hard to be selected. I believe that Kev Dowling was consistently near the top of the averages before moving to the PDC but never got selected for his country.
THE BIG FELLA
The Ton Club

Post by THE BIG FELLA »

Clarky just as another side on this, over the past twelve years West Midlands have had three Internationals, in Tommy Aldridge, Ian Jones and Steve Farmer also had Dickie Foster as named reserve I do believe.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Jamie Hughes is a talent, I cannot see any reason why he cannot get into the England Side.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021