Bdo to pdc

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Re: Bdo to pdc

Post by Astonvilla »

Dekker falls into the category of not good enough yet but could improve.

As at today it does look like only one who could do well is Waites and I have him down as a top 8 player.
Maybe Bunting was unlucky this week and Id admit ive underestimated Wright who seems to be improving fast. He could be top 16 but more likely top 32 for now.
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Why is everyone doubting Buntings chances within the PDC after just one match where he averaged 'only' 96. To be quite honest: I think that was one of the best 'losers-averages' versus one of the best 'winners-averages'. Why should we write him off after just one match?
molly1988
Brass Darts

Post by molly1988 »

Bram_1900 wrote:Why is everyone doubting Buntings chances within the PDC after just one match where he averaged 'only' 96. To be quite honest: I think that was one of the best 'losers-averages' versus one of the best 'winners-averages'. Why should we write him off after just one match?
Totally agree on that. He proved his abilities in a dozen other matches. And we do forget the whitewashes he did at the Uk Open before losing to James Wade. Is Whitlock also bad because of losing in the third round? Don't think so...
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Bram_1900 wrote:Why is everyone doubting Buntings chances within the PDC after just one match where he averaged 'only' 96. To be quite honest: I think that was one of the best 'losers-averages' versus one of the best 'winners-averages'. Why should we write him off after just one match?
I agree in general (most people seem to way overrate what happens in one-off matches), but I don't think Bunting had a whole lot of darts at doubles in that match so it's a bit of an inflated 96.
molly1988
Brass Darts

Post by molly1988 »

Zeyes wrote:
I agree in general (most people seem to way overrate what happens in one-off matches), but I don't think Bunting had a whole lot of darts at doubles in that match so it's a bit of an inflated 96.
The point is: it's just one match...
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

molly1988 wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Did you actually read my post? My point is that "the future's bright, he had one of the best losers performances" is just as much of an overreach as "this loss proves he doesn't have it".
molly1988
Brass Darts

Post by molly1988 »

Zeyes wrote:
molly1988 wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Did you actually read my post? My point is that "the future's bright, he had one of the best losers performances" is just as much of an overreach as "this loss proves he doesn't have it".
True, my bad. Have to get used to English writing (being a Dutchie :roll: )
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Its not a case of writing him off at all from my point of view. Ive just said I now view him as a top 32 player whereas before I though he was a ready made top 16 player.

I think im now being more realistic but unless he switches we wont know for sure.

He is still way clear of the rest bar Waites though thats for certain.

Not sure which "UK Open whitewashes" you are referring to
molly1988
Brass Darts

Post by molly1988 »

Astonvilla wrote:
Not sure which "UK Open whitewashes" you are referring to
Stephen Bunting-Vernon Shepherd 5-0
Darrel Thorpe-Stephen Bunting 0-5
Stephen Bunting-Jay Wilson 5-2
Stephen Bunting-Andy Jenkins 9-3
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Zeyes wrote:
You are right about the average. I only saw it through several updates within the match, however: I think he met an in form Wright, so this loss wasn't too bad at all. I don't say he would be top 8 within the PDC (still think Waites has more potential than Bunting ), but I think the number 1 player within the BDO will always have potential (after all you have to be the best to be no 1 there).
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Paulyboy right about Clayton
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021