Respect to All

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
lizlala170
Feather Flights

Respect to All

Post by lizlala170 »

You know what I have not been on the forum now for just over a year, because the last time I was on it was all about digging out the lady players and who did what etc. well I have just come on today and guess what nothing has changed players are still slating each other of and it is even worse. Can we not all just try and get along like or dislike as long as good darts are getting thrown that is all that matters.
Everyone knows who I am I do not hide behind a fictitious name because why hide who you are you all too gutless to let people know your real names.
I was not at the England Masters so I cannot comment on what happened, but it does make me sad that the same people yet again are being branded as troublemakers, I have known Sue Gulliver Des and Paula Jacklin for some considerable time now. But I have never ever heard them deliberately go and have a go at someone unless they knew they were in the right. In ladies darts there is always going to be some form of bitchiness (I have even seen it in the men’s) however I do feel that the majority of ladies get on extremely well.

As for the issue of Officials EDO IDPA BDO I have the upmost respect for them all. I also feel that if I have something to say or I think that something is not right I will go straight to the top and I am sure if you ask any official they will tell you so.
Respect is earned every player should have respect for officials and whomever they have to play, you can like or dislike your opponent you are playing, but respect is earned and you give respect no matter what. I have been to a tournament this year where a player used abusive language to a supporter it does go on but it keeps happening and therefore something should be done about it. You cannot just let it go no one deserves to use abusive language no matter who she/he is. And especially from a player.
I too am guilty off cheering on players and my partner but would only cheer before she/he plays not whilst the other player is playing.
Supporters get banned what about the players who are guilty it does not matter who you are you should be playing and concentrating on your game not what goes on behind you.
I also feel that people are saying it is jealousy what is there to be jealous about every lady player out there is out there for themselves and I just do not feel that there is any jealousy. Ladies darts have improved vastly over the years and the youngsters that are around now are our future in the sport of darts. Not everyone is going to get along we all have our own friends we want to sit with is that so wrong, no one will tell me who to sit with just because that person does not like that person, life is to short so regardless as I said if you like or dislike this is our sport and we Ladies are now on the map so each to their own.
Well I could go on and on (no doubt I have said to much I hear you say) about this all day but what’s the sense people are going to make mountains out of a mole hill for their own benefit.
Liz Fletcher-Wright
trotter
International

Re: Respect to All

Post by trotter »

may i say that just because you know somebody it doesn't always mean that they are neccessarily right in what they say and how they go about it, especially if you were not there..
if incidents happen and are witnessed then they will be commented upon on forums..thats the world.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

A lot has been achieved as a result of discussions on forums.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Col wrote:A lot has been achieved as a result of discussions on forums.
No no no, forums are unhelpful and useless, as are the people who use them. Olly Croft said so, so it must be true.
Big Jock Knew
lizlala170
Feather Flights

Post by lizlala170 »

Hey Trotter, I may not have been at the England Masters but I was at another major tourney where abusive language was used to supporters. I never saw anyone comment on that, all I am saying that this is not the first time this has come to light and it needs to be sorted and a stop put to it, I always take into account that there is always two sides to a story, the England masters I cannot comment on and have not.

Col, I also am not disagreeing with the fact that a lot may have been achieved by putting it on the forum, but it really is sad that after a year off being away from the forum that there is still crap going on between the ladies and it is the men that are having most of the say. So nothing changes and it would be nice to have real names and not made up ones, but once again that is my personal opinion.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
Col wrote:A lot has been achieved as a result of discussions on forums.
No no no, forums are unhelpful and useless, as are the people who use them. Olly Croft said so, so it must be true.

:DDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

lizlala170 wrote: but it really is sad that after a year off being away from the forum that there is still crap going on between the ladies
Which has nothing to do with people on the forum, if women (and men) cant behave themselves at darting events then they end up getting discussed on here by people who witness said behaviour (or hear about it from thise who did).

Only by people behaving themselves on the tour will that ever change.

I saw a fight at the Grosvenor event in Leeds last year which involved Tony Eccles (wasnt his fault, mind). Should we brush it under the carpet?
Big Jock Knew
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

lizlala170 wrote:Hey Trotter, I may not have been at the England Masters but I was at another major tourney where abusive language was used to supporters. I never saw anyone comment on that, all I am saying that this is not the first time this has come to light and it needs to be sorted and a stop put to it, I always take into account that there is always two sides to a story, the England masters I cannot comment on and have not.

Col, I also am not disagreeing with the fact that a lot may have been achieved by putting it on the forum, but it really is sad that after a year off being away from the forum that there is still crap going on between the ladies and it is the men that are having most of the say. So nothing changes and it would be nice to have real names and not made up ones, but once again that is my personal opinion.
Be specific Liz, I will tell you who is who.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

This forum is the root of all evil :)
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
lizlala170 wrote: but it really is sad that after a year off being away from the forum that there is still crap going on between the ladies
Which has nothing to do with people on the forum, if women (and men) cant behave themselves at darting events then they end up getting discussed on here by people who witness said behaviour (or hear about it from thise who did).

Only by people behaving themselves on the tour will that ever change.

I saw a fight at the Grosvenor event in Leeds last year which involved Tony Eccles (wasnt his fault, mind). Should we brush it under the carpet?
Crap going on between the ladies?
Has someone been re-enacting the 2 girls 1 cup video? ;)
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

lizlala170 wrote: Everyone knows who I am I do not hide behind a fictitious name because why hide who you are you all too gutless to let people know your real names.
*Ahem* I think you'll find I use my real name.
lizlala170 wrote:I was not at the England Masters so I cannot comment on what happened
Well, you got that right.
And yet you're going to defend the people who were seen giving abuse to other players and "not getting on" with people because you know them.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

The OP is prime evidence for why some people are probably better off not using forums. So much wrong in so little space...
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

I know she signed the post right at the very bottom, but she doesn't use her real name as her username.

And now I've seen the real name I have no idea who she is although apparently "Everyone knows who I am"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well I presumed it was Tricia Wright? Dunno where the "Liz" comes into it.
Big Jock Knew
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Ginge wrote:Well I presumed it was Tricia Wright? Dunno where the "Liz" comes into it.
It's Liz Fletcher-Wright Tricia Wright's partner.

For the record Tricia's username is twdarts, which again isn't her own name. :D
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Ginge wrote:Well I presumed it was Tricia Wright? Dunno where the "Liz" comes into it.
Why would you presume that anyway, she has signed it with her full name.
lizlala170
Feather Flights

Post by lizlala170 »

Hiya I know most of the nicknames some I do not. But to be honest it is up to them whether they reveal themselves.

David. Once again I am stating I was not there cannot comment two sides to every story, and the aforesaid names I have mentioned today is because they are my friends and they are the ones who are being talked about it. I stated that I have had no problems with any off them and will not get involved because I was not there. So if I do not know what happened I cannot comment. I only commented that fromwhat I have read that this is not the first time that abuse has been dished out to supporters from players.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

spaceman70 wrote:
I was getting mixed up, ignore me :D

(you do anyway, mind...)
Big Jock Knew
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Ginge wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
I was getting mixed up, ignore me :D

(you do anyway, mind...)
Ok will do - you want a ban as well or no need to go that far?
lizlala170
Feather Flights

Post by lizlala170 »

Now some of you really are padantic. My name is at the bottom of my status. Liz is my name lizlala170 is my username I don't hide anything. TWDARTS is off course Tricia Wright darts so no she to is using her real name, its not hard to work out is it. Anyway I have said what I have said and that is how I feel I have nothing to hide. I speak the truth like it or lump it I really do not care but if you have nothing constructive to say then don't say anything