Trouble in Paradise -D12-

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
slymaster
International

Trouble in Paradise -D12-

Post by slymaster »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... istow.html

We don't want cheats: Bristow blasts Taylor for failing to flag up missed dart

Darts legend Phil 'The Power' Taylor was labelled a cheat by former star Eric Bristow.

The allegation came after footage emerged of the 16-time world champion failing to flag up that his dart had missed while playing against Dean Winstanley in the Gibraltar Darts Trophy last month.

Initially, it appeared that Taylor's game-winning dart had hit double 12, but television cameras zoomed in and showed that it had landed outside the wire. If Taylor had pointed this out to referee Russ Bray, Winstanley would have had another chance at getting back into the game.

Instead, Taylor walked up to the board, paused, retrieved his darts and didn’t mention that the final dart had missed.
Bray and Winstanley were seemingly unaware and Taylor went on to win the match 6-1.

The 52-year-old beat Jamie Lewis 6-1 in the final to take the tournament and pocket the £20,000 prize money.
Taylor has since claimed he did not know the dart had missed and even offered to replay the match, but Bristow believes his conduct was improper.
‘The player knows if it’s not in and has to declare it,’ Bristow told The Sun. ‘You don’t want cheats.’
The PDC reviewed the footage of the fourth-leg conclusion but will not act because the referee, Winstanley and Taylor failed to raise any concern over the final dart.

The PDC issued a statement on their website: ‘Following speculation and discussion on various online and social media forums, the PDC can confirm it has reviewed footage of the conclusion of the fourth leg of the Gibraltar Darts Trophy second round match between Phil Taylor and Dean Winstanley, where Taylor was awarded game shot on a finish of double 12.

'The footage shows that the dart landed outside the double 12 segment however both Taylor and match referee Russ Bray have confirmed they were unaware of this whilst Winstanley did not raise his concerns at the time.
'PDC Tournament Director Tommy Cox confirmed: "I spoke with both players and the referee and Phil offered to replay the match, which under the rules is not an option, and Dean confirmed that he wants to put the incident behind him and concentrate on his next event.

'"I would like to reassure the public that that fairness, transparency and integrity are top priorities of the PDC and this unusual episode is purely attributable to a rare human error from the referee."'
Deleted User

Re: Trouble in Paradise -D12-

Post by Deleted User »

All covered here and elsewhere already. Bristow just voicing what quite a number of posters have already said.

Some posters believed the PDC version, some took the same line as Brissy.

Bottom line - opinion will always be divided and those in either camp are not going to persuade those in the opposite camp.
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

Bit slow reaction of Eric's or maybe the paper finally found some spare room to publish Eric's earlier comment on the situation.
Guess there'll be not too much love lost again between Phil and Eric before too long.....
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

DavidOwen67 wrote:All covered here and elsewhere already. Bristow just voicing what quite a number of posters have already said.

Bottom line - opinion will always be divided and those in either camp are not going to persuade those in the opposite camp.
? Its Taylors and Brays version. The PDC would have problems to really "prove" otherwise. Thats why they have to phrase it that way.
-And Deano saw it as well.

Regarding the shameful action there is only one camp!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

slymaster wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:All covered here and elsewhere already. Bristow just voicing what quite a number of posters have already said.

? Its Taylors and Brays version. The PDC would have problems to really "prove" otherwise. Thats why they have to phrase it that way.
-And Deano saw it as well.

Regarding the shameful action there is only one camp!
I wonder if the rest of the match was viewed whether that would give any pointers to how Deano felt about the incident.
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

The ratings for the Matchplay must be going down.....
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Post by ralph cifaretto »

Was on the sun website today

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -miss.html

Not sure if it was in the actual paper.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

I was the first to post about this originally and it was ignored for near 2 days , posted last night about taylor asking russ if it was in or not last night, again ignored , it seems a lot of sheep on this site have to wait for the green light to think they can comment on what is the worst thing that can happen in a game of darts and that is cheating . MDA made it clear without saying it that deano was not happy , david owen to say there is two camps and one will not persuade the other is absolute nonsense it was and could not be more clear he cheated and he knew it , remove your rose tinted glasses and stop trying to brush over the worst episode to happen in a game of darts for many a year this subject should be theeeeeee talking point on here when the greatest player ever to play the game feels the need to cheat :WWWW:
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

I think this was discussed at lenght on here checkers. Not sure what you are on about re thesheep etc.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

Col wrote:I think this was discussed at lenght on here checkers. Not sure what you are on about re thesheep etc.
read my post , I had it on here for near 2 days and what I posted was ignored , it seems untill a certain few post on a subject the other "sheep" seem to not comment , same last night probs taylor knew what was coming in the papers today and tried to make a point of asking but worth discussing , not a cheap, but if certain posters had said something on the matter the "sheep" would have joined in ... that is all
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Just flicked through the live thread on the Gibraltar Darts Trophy and there is certainly no discussion about the incident, it all happened on the Monday (and thereafter) and on other threads. Someone started a thread with the video, I believe.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

checkmate wrote:
Col wrote:I think this was discussed at lenght on here checkers. Not sure what you are on about re thesheep etc.
read my post , I had it on here for near 2 days and what I posted was ignored , it seems untill a certain few post on a subject the other "sheep" seem to not comment , same last night probs taylor knew what was coming in the papers today and tried to make a point of asking but worth discussing , not a cheap, but if certain posters had said something on the matter the "sheep" would have joined in ... that is all
What sheep?

You seem affy paranoid.

The whole cheat thing has been discussed at lenght on here over several topics with mods and admin joining in and basicaly saying taylor cheated.

People waited until the evidence was presented before jumping in wildly. That is the way it should be.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

Col wrote:
checkmate wrote:
What sheep?

You seem affy paranoid.

The whole cheat thing has been discussed at lenght on here over several topics with mods and admin joining in and basicaly saying taylor cheated.

People waited until the evidence was presented before jumping in wildly. That is the way it should be.
aye ok am paranoid
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

here's the discussion once the pic was posted

http://tsod.tv/forums/2/11956

baaaaa baaaaaa baaaaa
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

and here's the discussion prior to the video being posted

http://tsod.tv/forums/2/11934
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

Ginge wrote:Just flicked through the live thread on the Gibraltar Darts Trophy and there is certainly no discussion about the incident, it all happened on the Monday (and thereafter) and on other threads. Someone started a thread with the video, I believe.
I posted the night it happend saying, a lot of people on facebook saying taylor cheated and like I said it was ignored , funny really as you would think somebody cheating at darts would be discussed on a darts forum , sure it was discussed later after certain posters wanted to speak about it ,then the "sheep" joined in ;)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

checkmate wrote:
Ginge wrote:Just flicked through the live thread on the Gibraltar Darts Trophy and there is certainly no discussion about the incident, it all happened on the Monday (and thereafter) and on other threads. Someone started a thread with the video, I believe.
I posted the night it happend saying, a lot of people on facebook saying taylor cheated and like I said it was ignored
Well MDA acknowledged it and Welsh Wayne got on the defensive about it so thats two people at least.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
checkmate wrote:
I posted the night it happend saying, a lot of people on facebook saying taylor cheated and like I said it was ignored
Well MDA acknowledged it and Welsh Wayne got on the defensive about it so thats two people at least.
someone posted on facebook that Jesus Christ had been reborn, why have all the churches and media not run with that massive story? - maybe because without any proof or reliable source its just shite?

As soon as the PDC announcement was made people discussed it and most were waiting to see the pics or video, once that was posted everyone saw him for the cheat he is and all condemned it - baaaaaa
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Im not disagreeing with you, you silly sausage.
Big Jock Knew