Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by nikkiboy »

Played my first game last Tuesday after not throwing a dart since January, 17 and 18 darts 501 double start, happy with that and hit all my double first dart - it won't continue.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:July 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still not got over it I see.......... :DDD:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
andydeano15
Feather Flights

Post by andydeano15 »

Playing 'properly' for around two years. Try and get an hour a night in whenever possible.

Mostly play alone at home against computer as no friends/family are into darts. Looking to improve and join a pub team in the near future.

Seem to panic at the thought of a good leg? Example - Started a leg 140 / 85 / 140 last night and took another 15 darts from 136. Head went at the thought of a 12/13/14/15 darter :(

Little improvements though and giving myself lots more chances for good legs, hopefully it will come soon.

Andy.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

andydeano15 wrote:Playing 'properly' for around two years. Try and get an hour a night in whenever possible.

Mostly play alone at home against computer as no friends/family are into darts. Looking to improve and join a pub team in the near future.

Seem to panic at the thought of a good leg? Example - Started a leg 140 / 85 / 140 last night and took another 15 darts from 136. Head went at the thought of a 12/13/14/15 darter :(

Little improvements though and giving myself lots more chances for good legs, hopefully it will come soon.

Andy.
That is the hard part when your thinking of 12-15 dart finishes, I'm the same and I've played for years. As soon as you join a team and are playing about before the game starts you'll realises that 12/15 darters are quite rare. It'll soon get the thought out of your head and for the first year I;d be happy with 21 dart finishes. Also playing in a team should help you get over your nerves and you should be able to find a practice partner who'll help your game massively.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

My league records 15 dart legs now and its surprising how few, relatively speaking , (considering how many super league players we have in the league) and we play best of 5.

21 dart legs will win lots and lots of games in any pub league :)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Skewball wrote:My league records 15 dart legs now and its surprising how few, relatively speaking , (considering how many super league players we have in the league) and we play best of 5.

If I clear a leg in 21 darts or less I have to go and have a lie down
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote:
Skewball wrote:My league records 15 dart legs now and its surprising how few, relatively speaking , (considering how many super league players we have in the league) and we play best of 5.

If I clear a leg in 21 darts or less I have to go and have a lie down
Indeed, and 24 dart legs would mean holding your own in superleague no problem. 21 will get you winning more than you lose in super league and competitive in County below Prem . 18-21 darts consistently is good County standard but you need to be throwing in a few 15 dart legs here and there to be winning regularly at that level.
Less than 15 is a waste :) !!
andydeano15
Feather Flights

Post by andydeano15 »

Thanks all,

I think finishing needs to be my real focus for improvement going forwards - I am regularly on a finish after 15-18 darts and can take more than a handful of darts to get out from there, both with missed doubles and more often than I'd like missing the 'big number' after missing inside to leave an odd number.

I certainly need to learn, or practice some finishing routines as well. I'm getting lots better at the conventional routes on standard check outs however, like a lot of people I imagine the trouble comes when I miss the first target, I occasionally take longer than I'd like to re-adjust. I have put a white board up recently to try and help with this, scoring myself from 501/301, as playing the computer has it's uses but you only need your brain engaged once on a finish, rather than throughout the whole leg as it is subtracting the score for you.

Andy.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

andydeano15 wrote:Thanks all,

I think finishing needs to be my real focus for improvement going forwards - I am regularly on a finish after 15-18 darts and can take more than a handful of darts to get out from there, both with missed doubles and more often than I'd like missing the 'big number' after missing inside to leave an odd number.

I certainly need to learn, or practice some finishing routines as well. I'm getting lots better at the conventional routes on standard check outs however, like a lot of people I imagine the trouble comes when I miss the first target, I occasionally take longer than I'd like to re-adjust. I have put a white board up recently to try and help with this, scoring myself from 501/301, as playing the computer has it's uses but you only need your brain engaged once on a finish, rather than throughout the whole leg as it is subtracting the score for you.

Andy.

Play an hour of 201 games against the computer. Your brain will hurt after that if your still learning the finishing combinations.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Skewball wrote:

Andy.

Play an hour of 201 games against the computer. Your brain will hurt after that if your still learning the finishing combinations.
oh , and play double-in 201 for two reasons 1/ it will give you even more practice at doubles and 2/ will mix up even more the possible check out combinations (assuming you go fir various doubles on the double-in)
andydeano15
Feather Flights

Post by andydeano15 »

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Andy.

oh , and play double-in 201 for two reasons 1/ it will give you even more practice at doubles and 2/ will mix up even more the possible check out combinations (assuming you go fir various doubles on the double-in)
Thanks for that, I'd never considered 201 before. Had an hour last night and really enjoyed it. Played around 30 legs, and above all it was 30 attempts at a finish/different combinations. 501 against the computer doesn't provide that as you get less legs in during practice and don't always get a dart at double.

Andy.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

andydeano15 wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Andy.

Thanks for that, I'd never considered 201 before. Had an hour last night and really enjoyed it. Played around 30 legs, and above all it was 30 attempts at a finish/different combinations. 501 against the computer doesn't provide that as you get less legs in during practice and don't always get a dart at double.

Andy.
spot on, its brutal but so so good for learning and practicing aiming around the board. Thats where the really top players are so good, wherever they aim on the board they are withing a mm or two of the target virtually every time. Stunning really the level of consistence accuracy they have.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Just over halfway through the defence of the Immingham Singles League title I won last year , want to get my running average higher , problem is sometimes I go straight from work and don’t get the warm up I need. Not drink wise , playing wise. Always try get round the board in doubles and trebles from 10, then a few 101’s and 301’s , then finishes from 80-100 or as high as I can.
8552B465-80B5-422E-9613-1FA3EB4519BA.png
8552B465-80B5-422E-9613-1FA3EB4519BA.png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 5050 times
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Maverick wrote:Just over halfway through the defence of the Immingham Singles League title I won last year , want to get my running average higher , problem is sometimes I go straight from work and don’t get the warm up I need. Not drink wise , playing wise. Always try get round the board in doubles and trebles from 10, then a few 101’s and 301’s , then finishes from 80-100 or as high as I can.
8552B465-80B5-422E-9613-1FA3EB4519BA.png
Some cracking stats there - well done Sir.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Thanks Lee, hoping to improve them a bit before the end. Really enjoying my darts at the moment, have played a few money in money out local K/O's and won the 5 I've entered, also won the Grimsby Open, again not a biggie but still chuffed with how its going.

What I like about this league is it's played in a really good spirit and the improvement in some of the players lower down from last year is sizable. Lyndon for example, last year was getting tonked by almost everyone, only managed a couple of draws and 1 maximum which he hit on the very last week, running average in the 40's, has added 10 points to his running average, hit 3 180's , done his best ever leg and won 4 games at just over the halfway mark. it's now at the point where anyone can take legs off the better players. I'm finding that quite a few seem to up their games when playing me, Keaney at the bottom, my first game against him was the 92.35 average and I still only got 5-1, second game I lost 2 legs to him and hit the 10 darter! It's a funny old game but we love it lol
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

3B1D2F16-13CA-45B6-8E18-BB5DF4A6EAB8.jpeg
3B1D2F16-13CA-45B6-8E18-BB5DF4A6EAB8.jpeg (3.19 MiB) Viewed 4952 times
Sadly , the only guy that had a realistic chance of catching me has had to withdraw from the league due to family issues.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

You look like the Paul Hogan of our leagues
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:You look like the Paul Hogan of our leagues
If Paul Hogan were a foot shorter and two stone heavier ;)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

I wish i’d Won as much as Paul over the years
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:You look like the Paul Hogan of our leagues
If Paul Hogan were a foot shorter and two stone heavier ;)

Is he 6ft 8? Can’t argue the two stone bit lol