Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Drink up Ye cider :CCCCC: :CCDD: :DDDC:

Darts tonight :darts
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

My mob lost 9-3 to the samlet club last night.

But of course I wasnt playing.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Won through to the next round of the league singles, won it last time I entered so hopefully will do again. Playing very well at the moment and not practicing at all - wierd. I used to practice for at least an hour before a game but lately I'm just having six or nine darts and I'm ready, I'm not complaining but just find it strange.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Col wrote:My mob lost 9-3 to the samlet club last night.

They still play superleague out of there col?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

nikkiboy wrote:

Not sure pal. But they are very old school when it comes to playing etc. They moan like hell when they come to our place and we have the jukebox blaring.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Col wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Not sure pal. But they are very old school when it comes to playing etc. They moan like hell when they come to our place and we have the jukebox blaring.
I'm sure they used to play from there although age has addled the memory somewhat.

We ramp the music up in our place, the more the opposition moan the louder it becomes :grin:
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Post by Bruce Terrett »

nikkiboy wrote:We ramp the music up in our place, the more the opposition moan the louder it becomes :grin:
It's not the volume at ours, it's what's being played. There's only so much Iron Maiden etc that the opposition can usually take! :D
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Playing against another local team in the league last night and as I was having a wee practice throw or two, I noticed that the board was a wee bit askew so I corrected it when I collected my darts. Straight after this wee fella walks up and moves the board back to the askew position. What odd behaviour. Good wee player he was too, thankfully he lost in the singles. We drew 6-6.
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Played local league last night and drew their best player, who is quite young, loves his Darts and has a bit of potential

Have changed my stance slightly since my knee Op on Xmas Eve and it felt ok last night and won in 14 and 15 Darts 401 Double Start

No Super League tonight as I have been dropped :-)

But County away to Avon tomorrow

Onwards and upwards
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Basgooner wrote:Played local league last night and drew their best player, who is quite young, loves his Darts and has a bit of potential

Have changed my stance slightly since my knee Op on Xmas Eve and it felt ok last night and won in 14 and 15 Darts 401 Double Start

Onwards and upwards
Dropped from superleague but picked for county - crazy
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

nikkiboy wrote:
Basgooner wrote:Played local league last night and drew their best player, who is quite young, loves his Darts and has a bit of potential

Onwards and upwards
Dropped from superleague but picked for county - crazy
On coach snow everywhere :-)
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Played the top of the league Thursday, beat them 5-4 and should have been more, won my singles in 15 and 17 with outs of 118 and 78, playing 501 double start. Including the double start in the singles and the pairs I threw 8 darts at a double and hit all 8 so well happy.
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

God darts is such a stupid game!!

Played singles last Monday, start with an awful 26 and proceed to still finish in 14 darts, then next leg start with a couple of 20-something scores and finish on 108 for an 18 dart leg.

Next night can't finish to save myself in the first leg so lose that one. Play average in the 2nd leg and win that for1-1. Then win the decider in 16 darts.

Don't think I'll ever understand this wonderful frustrating game!!
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

After my 14 and 15 Darter 3 weeks ago, I hit another 14 and 15 Darters last Thursday

Won my County match 3-2 after being 2-0 Down

Tonight won again, this time a nice 12 Dart Leg 160 Start, 100, 60 81 Finish

During the 160 start, I had thrown at Tops and a Treble 20, when my team mate shouted out good darts thinking I had thrown all 3 darts, turned around and thanked him, then turned back to the board and nailed the other Treble 20 :-)

County again this weekend, so hopefully another win

Leg is starting to feel more normal and confidence is steadily rising

Good to win tonight as one of the blokes from the other team hasn't seen me play for a few years, when I was throwing well, so good to show him I can still play, as he may be able to open a few doors for me as he has now caught the Darts Bug and is promoting a few events and backing a few players, does mean I may have to play another local league next season for his Pub (well guessing I will, as he asked me tonight to play next season, lol)
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Won my County Match 3-0 with a 26.84 Average

Well pleased with that

Could have been even higher, save for a few missed Doubles
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Playing in our leagues sixes cup tonight. Absolutely hate the format. Worst format in darts.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Col wrote:Playing in our leagues sixes cup tonight. Absolutely hate the format. Worst format in darts.
We had eights - best of 3 1001 legs each player taking a turn after the other. You could go to the bar inbetween throws.

Not sure if it still exists stopped going to it years ago.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Well as much as I hate the sixies format (I now love it), we won through to the final (to be played at a later date).

Played ok as well, which is difficult as I see myself as a rhythm player and you cant get in to any sort of rhythm in this damn format.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Last game tonight :(

finished bottom of league but loved every night of it :D :D
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

Well a big suprise for me, but was at Torremolinos for their open and had a thoroughly good week of which the highlight was winning the Mixed Triples with Flo and Jonny from the Netherlands. Thoroughly enjoyed playing with them and probably played as well as I have done for a while. Well pleased considering I had no expectations of doing anything in any of the comps.

One happy jock :Scots