Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
The Cat
International

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by The Cat »

Going for a practice later. Not had a drink for a few days so why not :)
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

Lost 3-0 last night. Gutted. Haven't been we'll all week and the codine probably didn't help. :(
Do I know any jokes about Sodium Hypobromite?

NaBrO
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Well it's a strange game alright, busted my shoulder three months ago and cracked two ribs a fortnight ago, not thrown a dart for a month so wasn't holding out much hope of a result, as it happens I hit a 14 and 16 darter playing 501 double in double out, won two nil.

Go figure
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Impressive.
Big Jock Knew
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

nikkiboy wrote:Well it's a strange game alright, busted my shoulder three months ago and cracked two ribs a fortnight ago, not thrown a dart for a month so wasn't holding out much hope of a result, as it happens I hit a 14 and 16 darter playing 501 double in double out, won two nil.

Go figure
Great stuff Nick :DDDD:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

phil davies wrote:
phil davies wrote:Oakfield open again on Saturday 1pm. £300 prize fund ganrunteed plus entry fees.

Will be attending it and updating in here how I do in the blind pairs and singles probably get hammered but ah we'll.

Should be a good day with some very good players such as Sam Canckett, Nick Kenny maybe Barrie Bates aswell!

Will be a great day out! :DDDC: :darts :headbang:
Oakfield open yesterday great day.

Used it as opportunity to use my new 26g datadarts similar to my old John Lowes but with a knurled grip at the front.

Lost first round in the pairs.

Won first singles game 3-1. Then lost second game 3-1 Geoff Dyer. Missed 112 to go 2-2 aswell hit double 1 when you going for tops. :banghead: anyway a good day and I'm liking my new darts.

Tourney was won by Nick Kenny 5-1 over Stephen Cake in the final. Nicks semi final match against Danny Dyer was an awesome game both players played really well.

All in all a great day! :CCCCC:
Didn't know Danny Dyer played darts :O :darts

NaBrO
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

I have quit playing on a Monday due to bit of a spat with the current Captain.

Still playing Super League which has helped improve my game overall. We lost 16-5 last week and I won 3-0 and lost doubles 2-1 but we had 3 darts to win 3-0 - go figure.

Now looking to play another week night instead of Monday so if anyone from Swindon reads this and would like a decent-ish player - let me know. :D

NaBrO
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Well after 3 years away from competitive darts I fancied seeing if I could get back to competing. Started 3 weeks ago on a Wednesday night , the Immingham village Inn darts and doms league, joined The Station at Habrough had a few hours practice during the weekend, played without a drink, played dreadfully the only decent dart I threw was at the double top to win the singles. Second week after more practice and again playing alcohol free scored three tons including a 180 in the pair's, then three ton+ in the singles to win in 18 darts, happy with the progress, then last week played crap only 1 ton+ scored but a wins a win! Practiced this week in the lead up to the UK open play off at Lincoln, wanting to show improvement but played abysmally lost 4-0 to Scott Bennett who made it to the semis . I've returned to the practice board to try get my natural throw back , proving to be a tough ask.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

Tried Superleague yesterday. What a waste of time that was, although I averaged 23 in my second match and lost 4-0. Missed 12 darts at a double to win two legs. Hey ho.

NaBrO
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Tim Jones hit a 9 darter today in a local comp. he still lost to Steve alker though.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Col wrote:Tim Jones hit a 9 darter today in a local comp. he still lost to Steve alker though.
Is he the guy who won the lakeside protégé competition a few years ago?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

That's him yes. Tim teapot Jones
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Quick update, played the Nottingham qualifier of the UK Open, still nowhere near good enough for that but showed signs of improvement so decided to keep on trying.

Have been playing on a wednesday night local league 701 pairs one leg and 501 straight in singles one leg (not ideal but it's match practice) , up and down with my game for a few weeks but since winning the 25g RvB Black titaniums in the prem pred comp my game has started to improve, got to the final week of the league season and won the pairs hitting 140,140,85,100 and wired the 68 checkout, then my partner finished it, in singles won 15 dart leg with a 140 checkout. So it's coming along nicely, I'm told they have a premier league style comp during the summer so will be giving that a go, also having a go at the league individuals.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Haven't picked up a dart since February when the league finished so whilst playing Aunt Sally in a pub with a dart board and awaiting the lift home I enquired if they had any darts behind the bar, I was promptly given two brass darts of differing lengths and weights and one very thin tungston dart. OK I thought, they're not a set but it won't matter as I doubt if I will hit the board anyway, so I stepped up - (100) S20 T20 S20 in a good group, second throw - (140) S20 T20 T20 again in a good group, time for another - (180) T20 T20 T20 - at that point I gave the darts back and went back to the other end of the bar all the while being stared at by two lads who were watching. One of my Aunt Sally team (also plays darts with me in the winter) enquired how i did - "well I had three throws and there seemed no way I could improve so I gave up" was my reply :)
Thinking back I should have stolen those pub darts
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

Due to the arrival of my daughter, I now only play twice a week (down from 5 or 6)

Wednesday singles league 501 DIDO - same rules as the Premier League 6-6 draw or first to 7. No play offs though :( Went all season unbeaten - won £100. Second season in and halfway through - still unbeaten. 6 games 5 180s and 2 160 starts with a high 126 finish so far.

Friday league - playing for my old team The Village Inn. Unbeaten in the singles so far. Happy with how i'm playing :)

NaBrO
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

So I was persuaded to go and help a local team, I have now played six games for them winning them all.

It was over a year since I last played so my very first match was horrible, I scored great but started sweating like Paddy in a line up when it got down to the double, thankfully I just scraped a win. Things are getting better, only play on a Tuesday night and the darts go away and don't come out until the following week but am playing well, hit 2 maximums and a 177 (to leave d16) in four legs along with a few ton plus scores as well, nerves have now gone and confidence is high - so far :)
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

I now only play Hampshire Super League Once or twice a month plus County once a month

Have cut out all local Darts completely

Sunday I played my 99th Cap for my County and managed to win my 5th game on the trot and my 7th in my last Eight appearances

Hit 2x180's plus a 146 and 123 Checkout for a 28.76 Average

Next Weekend is my 100th Cap at Home to Gloucestershire and then I think that's it for County Darts for me. Been a cracking 11 Years playing some superb players and has definitely made me a better player

Although joining Hampshire Super League around Eight Years ago had a marked improvement on my game due to the very high standard of that League and recommend Super League for any Player that wants to improve

Probably now just play a few Hampshire events plus Selsey as it's either go back to Pub Darts (which ain't happening) or try and do the circuit
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Basgooner wrote:I now only play Hampshire Super League Once or twice a month plus County once a month

Sunday I played my 99th Cap for my County and managed to win my 5th game on the trot and my 7th in my last Eight appearances

Next Weekend is my 100th Cap at Home to Gloucestershire and then I think that's it for County Darts for me. Been a cracking 11 Years playing some superb players and has definitely made me a better player

Although joining Hampshire Super League around Eight Years ago had a marked improvement on my game due to the very high standard of that League and recommend Super League for any Player that wants to improve

Probably now just play a few Hampshire events plus Selsey as it's either go back to Pub Darts (which ain't happening) or try and do the circuit
Top stuff boyo ....you back fighting fit then ?
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Basgooner wrote:I now only play Hampshire Super League Once or twice a month plus County once a month

Top stuff boyo ....you back fighting fit then ?
Despite the odd scar, yeah as fit as I can be lol
THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY »

nikkiboy wrote:Haven't picked up a dart since February when the league finished so whilst playing Aunt Sally in a pub with a dart board and awaiting the lift home I enquired if they had any darts behind the bar, I was promptly given two brass darts of differing lengths and weights and one very thin tungston dart. OK I thought, they're not a set but it won't matter as I doubt if I will hit the board anyway, so I stepped up - (100) S20 T20 S20 in a good group, second throw - (140) S20 T20 T20 again in a good group, time for another - (180) T20 T20 T20 - at that point I gave the darts back and went back to the other end of the bar all the while being stared at by two lads who were watching. One of my Aunt Sally team (also plays darts with me in the winter) enquired how i did - "well I had three throws and there seemed no way I could improve so I gave up" was my reply :)
Thinking back I should have stolen those pub darts
And he sais One of my Aunt Sally team blah blah ^^ And he sais One of my Aunt Sally team blah blah ^^ Was you dreaming about Aunt Sally by any chance nikkiboy are you Worzel Gummidge by any chance :grin:

Tall tales as per norm from Nikkiboy ^ post :P
Last edited by THE ONE AND ONLY on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.