Communal Darters Diary

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by Booji Boy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Tim Jones hit a 9 darter today in a local comp. he still lost to Steve alker though.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Col wrote:Tim Jones hit a 9 darter today in a local comp. he still lost to Steve alker though.

Is he the guy who won the lakeside protégé competition a few years ago?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:37 pm

That's him yes. Tim teapot Jones

Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:08 am

Quick update, played the Nottingham qualifier of the UK Open, still nowhere near good enough for that but showed signs of improvement so decided to keep on trying.

Have been playing on a wednesday night local league 701 pairs one leg and 501 straight in singles one leg (not ideal but it's match practice) , up and down with my game for a few weeks but since winning the 25g RvB Black titaniums in the prem pred comp my game has started to improve, got to the final week of the league season and won the pairs hitting 140,140,85,100 and wired the 68 checkout, then my partner finished it, in singles won 15 dart leg with a 140 checkout. So it's coming along nicely, I'm told they have a premier league style comp during the summer so will be giving that a go, also having a go at the league individuals.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx

phil davies
International

Post by phil davies » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Sunday league starts back up tonight and were back in the a league joining our A side.

At home tonight lets hope for a result an see if we can stay up this year really looking foward to it.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

phil davies
International

Post by phil davies » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:11 pm

phil davies wrote:Sunday league starts back up tonight and were back in the a league joining our A side.

At home tonight lets hope for a result an see if we can stay up this year really looking foward to it.

We won 5-2 :D :headbang: :CCCCC:
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Haven't picked up a dart since February when the league finished so whilst playing Aunt Sally in a pub with a dart board and awaiting the lift home I enquired if they had any darts behind the bar, I was promptly given two brass darts of differing lengths and weights and one very thin tungston dart. OK I thought, they're not a set but it won't matter as I doubt if I will hit the board anyway, so I stepped up - (100) S20 T20 S20 in a good group, second throw - (140) S20 T20 T20 again in a good group, time for another - (180) T20 T20 T20 - at that point I gave the darts back and went back to the other end of the bar all the while being stared at by two lads who were watching. One of my Aunt Sally team (also plays darts with me in the winter) enquired how i did - "well I had three throws and there seemed no way I could improve so I gave up" was my reply :)
Thinking back I should have stolen those pub darts

legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Due to the arrival of my daughter, I now only play twice a week (down from 5 or 6)

Wednesday singles league 501 DIDO - same rules as the Premier League 6-6 draw or first to 7. No play offs though :( Went all season unbeaten - won £100. Second season in and halfway through - still unbeaten. 6 games 5 180s and 2 160 starts with a high 126 finish so far.

Friday league - playing for my old team The Village Inn. Unbeaten in the singles so far. Happy with how i'm playing :)
Do I know any jokes about Sodium Hypobromite?

NaBrO

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:10 pm

So I was persuaded to go and help a local team, I have now played six games for them winning them all.

It was over a year since I last played so my very first match was horrible, I scored great but started sweating like Paddy in a line up when it got down to the double, thankfully I just scraped a win. Things are getting better, only play on a Tuesday night and the darts go away and don't come out until the following week but am playing well, hit 2 maximums and a 177 (to leave d16) in four legs along with a few ton plus scores as well, nerves have now gone and confidence is high - so far :)

Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:21 pm

I now only play Hampshire Super League Once or twice a month plus County once a month

Have cut out all local Darts completely

Sunday I played my 99th Cap for my County and managed to win my 5th game on the trot and my 7th in my last Eight appearances

Hit 2x180's plus a 146 and 123 Checkout for a 28.76 Average

Next Weekend is my 100th Cap at Home to Gloucestershire and then I think that's it for County Darts for me. Been a cracking 11 Years playing some superb players and has definitely made me a better player

Although joining Hampshire Super League around Eight Years ago had a marked improvement on my game due to the very high standard of that League and recommend Super League for any Player that wants to improve

Probably now just play a few Hampshire events plus Selsey as it's either go back to Pub Darts (which ain't happening) or try and do the circuit

Welsh Wayne
International

Post by Welsh Wayne » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:19 am

Basgooner wrote:I now only play Hampshire Super League Once or twice a month plus County once a month

Sunday I played my 99th Cap for my County and managed to win my 5th game on the trot and my 7th in my last Eight appearances

Next Weekend is my 100th Cap at Home to Gloucestershire and then I think that's it for County Darts for me. Been a cracking 11 Years playing some superb players and has definitely made me a better player

Although joining Hampshire Super League around Eight Years ago had a marked improvement on my game due to the very high standard of that League and recommend Super League for any Player that wants to improve

Probably now just play a few Hampshire events plus Selsey as it's either go back to Pub Darts (which ain't happening) or try and do the circuit

Top stuff boyo ....you back fighting fit then ?
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne

Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:24 am

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Basgooner wrote:I now only play Hampshire Super League Once or twice a month plus County once a month

Top stuff boyo ....you back fighting fit then ?

Despite the odd scar, yeah as fit as I can be lol

THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:02 pm

nikkiboy wrote:Haven't picked up a dart since February when the league finished so whilst playing Aunt Sally in a pub with a dart board and awaiting the lift home I enquired if they had any darts behind the bar, I was promptly given two brass darts of differing lengths and weights and one very thin tungston dart. OK I thought, they're not a set but it won't matter as I doubt if I will hit the board anyway, so I stepped up - (100) S20 T20 S20 in a good group, second throw - (140) S20 T20 T20 again in a good group, time for another - (180) T20 T20 T20 - at that point I gave the darts back and went back to the other end of the bar all the while being stared at by two lads who were watching. One of my Aunt Sally team (also plays darts with me in the winter) enquired how i did - "well I had three throws and there seemed no way I could improve so I gave up" was my reply :)

And he sais One of my Aunt Sally team blah blah ^^ And he sais One of my Aunt Sally team blah blah ^^ Was you dreaming about Aunt Sally by any chance nikkiboy are you Worzel Gummidge by any chance :grin:

Tall tales as per norm from Nikkiboy ^ post :P
Last edited by THE ONE AND ONLY on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:37 pm

THE ONE AND ONLY wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Haven't picked up a dart since February when the league finished so whilst playing Aunt Sally in a pub with a dart board and awaiting the lift home I enquired if they had any darts behind the bar, I was promptly given two brass darts of differing lengths and weights and one very thin tungston dart. OK I thought, they're not a set but it won't matter as I doubt if I will hit the board anyway, so I stepped up - (100) S20 T20 S20 in a good group, second throw - (140) S20 T20 T20 again in a good group, time for another - (180) T20 T20 T20 - at that point I gave the darts back and went back to the other end of the bar all the while being stared at by two lads who were watching. One of my Aunt Sally team (also plays darts with me in the winter) enquired how i did - "well I had three throws and there seemed no way I could improve so I gave up" was my reply :)

And he sais One of my Aunt Sally team blah blah ^^ Was you dreaming about Worzel Gummidge by any chance nikkiboy

And then he woke up :tongue2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Sally

THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:19 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:I have darts tonight it's a singles league that runs throughout the summer, last week I played a player from this forum, think is name is SkewedBall or something like that, anyway I turned up for this match against the advice of my doctor.

I was out bailing hay earlier in the day and got my hand caught between the PTO (power take off for all you thick "townies" without a tractor) and the 3 point linkage (the bit where you fasten implements on i.e. plough etc) Well it broke three of my fingers and ripped off 2 of my nails, the pain was excruciating and there was blood pumping out everywhere. Well after I'd finished bailing the rest of the field I got Mrs McGinty to take me up to the hospital to get me hand checked out, the doctor took one look at it and said you've lost so much blood you better stay here for 3 days. I told him that was never gonna happen so he stitched it up and off I went back home.

Well that night I turned up at the pub to play darts, my hand was so swollen I couldn't even grip my darts, I tried a few chucks at the board and the results were useless, one dart hit the adjacent board , one went in the ceiling and the other the floor.

Well the draw was done and we were called forward for our match, I said to my opponent SkewedBall (I wondered why he always talked funny) "look mate I've had a accident I'll have to play with my left hand tonight" well his faced lit up, and he said to me "Awe that's a shame how did that happen" I knew he never meant it he was just being patronising, but who cares.
Well as I was playing with my left hand my scores were not as good as normal, but I still managed to hit 2 x 180's and 7 x 140's and we were only playing best of 5 legs!

Well I eventually won 3 - 2, should of been 3 - 0 but by a strange coincidence he had a friend and fellow team mate marking, I noticed a couple of times that when he was going for a double his dart ended up near the treble and his mate called it in, I didn't worry , just made me more determined.

Well lets hope I get another easy draw tonight, i could do with the cash.
:bat:

:DDDD: :grin:

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW » Mon May 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Considering this post gets about 5 posts a year does it still need to be sticky.

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor » Tue May 23, 2017 12:01 am

ChrisW wrote:Considering this post gets about 5 posts a year does it still need to be sticky.
No, but maybe you could try to reignite it (?)

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 am

Lee Taylor wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Considering this post gets about 5 posts a year does it still need to be sticky.
Does he play darts though? ;)

In fact how many do actually play on here!

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor » Tue May 23, 2017 9:28 am

Skewball wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

You do......there's a start..!

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW » Tue May 23, 2017 9:30 am

Skewball wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

I did. Captain of a team for many years and ran 5 teams for an English bar here. Now I only play for fun now and again.

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”