No Major Switchers

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

No Major Switchers

Post by Booji Boy »

I am hearing that no big names are going to switch due to developments yet to be announced by the BDO.

I really hope these are not false promises designed to keep the top players.

I think the PDC might need to open a mid season transfer window q School. ;) ;)
Zeyes
International

Re: No Major Switchers

Post by Zeyes »

Col wrote:I think the PDC might need to open a mid season transfer window q School. ;) ;)
Wouldn't do much this year, the Challenge Tour is nearly over by July. ;)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

There are more meetings going on here than at the trade unions congress ;)
Most have nothing to do with lakeside lol, if they are attempts at trying to keep their top players the BDO are going to extreme lengths to hoodwink them!
Sue, Wayne and others are working from breakfast time to midnight .
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

If players continue to stay and continue to end up disappointed its there own fault. As many have however proven in the last few days they would struggle to break into the top 64 in the PDC. You only have to look at the likes of Woods, Wests and Hankey in recent years. Many in the BDO now are no different to these sorts of guys.

The only thing the BDO lads have to ask themselves is why are the likes of Woods, West and Hankey still going to Q-School after failing to get onto TV and reach major events rather than go back to the BDO and most probably qualify for the BDO Worlds again................
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

WCDPA wrote:There are more meetings going on here than at the trade unions congress ;)
Most have nothing to do with lakeside lol, if they are attempts at trying to keep their top players the BDO are going to extreme lengths to hoodwink them!
Sue, Wayne and others are working from breakfast time to midnight .
They are in the last chance saloon so its no surprise.
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

It be as simple as any tour card holder that fails to enter 80% of the tournaments by the summer break has to surrender the card and the PDC can chose to give that card to an associate that is doing well on the tour (like Darren Webster was) or invite a high profile player from the BDO or soft tip etc to take over the card?!?!
dartsyoungun
The Ton Club

Post by dartsyoungun »

This is my first post guys so be gentle. I have read a lot of the comments on here and watched both the "world" championships on telly. I am confused as to why there is such a big thing about players crossing from BDO to PDC. As far as i can see and this is obviously an untrained eye it is a bit like the reserves trying to get into the first team. The standard in the PDC is frighteningly good and the standard in the BDO is a long way behind. Just how many players in your expert opinions from the BDO could make a BIG impression on the PDC now. i understand the likes of Anderson, Chisnall and Whitlock etc have done well - is there anyone else out there because from what i have seen so far this week there isn't
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

looking at the total utter sh1t we have seen from Lakeside, I hope no one switches, the pdc dont need them polluting the ranks of the pdc
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Welcome to the forum. I think you have been slightly blinded by the PDC lights, but having said that, the standard thus far suggests you may be correct.

Bunting, Waites, Wilson would all make a good living in the PDC in my opinion.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Col wrote:Welcome to the forum.
thank you :DDD:
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

dartsyoungun wrote:This is my first post guys so be gentle. I have read a lot of the comments on here and watched both the "world" championships on telly. I am confused as to why there is such a big thing about players crossing from BDO to PDC. As far as i can see and this is obviously an untrained eye it is a bit like the reserves trying to get into the first team. The standard in the PDC is frighteningly good and the standard in the BDO is a long way behind. Just how many players in your expert opinions from the BDO could make a BIG impression on the PDC now. i understand the likes of Anderson, Chisnall and Whitlock etc have done well - is there anyone else out there because from what i have seen so far this week there isn't
The players that are playing at Lakeside are very good players - for some reason the quality isn't there this week. It's been a debate for years about where would the likes of Adams and Waites fit into a PDC order of merit, everyone has their own view.

You'd thought that the likes of Waites, O'Shea, Wilson and Bunting would have moved across and maybe they would do as well as Chizzy, Whitlock and Ando but then look at Hankey, Woods and Eccles. It's a massive gamble and not one everyone can afford. Also a small number are making a decent living in the BDO!
dartsyoungun
The Ton Club

Post by dartsyoungun »

Not been blinded by the PDC lights. All i was taking into consideration is the heavier scoring in the PDC and also the finishing. I don't know how many times i have seen players in the last few days hit the wrong bed when trying to hit a double ( and not just miss) or miss by the proverbial country mile. It just seems that the two standards are incomparable a bit like pros and amateurs which I suppose is not too far from the truth
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

like rachna nearly hitting treble 9 going for double 12, or the 32 darter to hold
dartsyoungun
The Ton Club

Post by dartsyoungun »

Camera work from the beeb is crap as well
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Justin Credible wrote:like rachna nearly hitting treble 9 going for double 12, or the 32 darter to hold
How many women played in the PDC worlds?
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Col wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:like rachna nearly hitting treble 9 going for double 12, or the 32 darter to hold

what about the multiple male players who averaged in the 70s
Not in a prelim to get in to a last 64 but to get into the last 32 or 16 in some cases.

Only a total retard could say this has been anything other than a complete disaster and worst world championship ever
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The first round has not finished yet
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

oche balboa wrote:The first round has not finished yet

some players are in the last 16 already ribena head
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Justin Credible wrote:
Col wrote:

what about the multiple male players who averaged in the 70s
Not in a prelim to get in to a last 64 but to get into the last 32 or 16 in some cases.

Only a total retard could say this has been anything other than a complete disaster and worst world championship ever
I would say that only a complete idiot would make the above statement prior to the first round not even being completed.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Justin Credible wrote:
oche balboa wrote:The first round has not finished yet

some players are in the last 16 already ribena head
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:

Oh deary deary me JC.