TSoD Player Sponsorship Thread 2014

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Re: TSoD Player Sponsorship Thread 2014

Post by spaceman70 »

To be honest I haven't had the time to promote this. I need to sit down next week and work out who's put in what but I know it's only between £300-£400.

I will update next week and then we need to decide whether to continue or not. Should we decide not, I will contact everyone individually and return the money.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

You tried mate, others said they would set up payment but havent. Personally I am quite happy to keep paying for another 12 months and see if we can revive it . . . Just roll the money over.
Thinking of one.
Bullysspecialprize
Steady Sixties

Post by Bullysspecialprize »

Id be good rolling over if that's what happens.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

It might be worth saying when we reach say £2k we'll have a vote?
Bullysspecialprize
Steady Sixties

Post by Bullysspecialprize »

Yeah that sounds good to me.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Sounds fine . . Lets see if others get on board, maybe some new members who dont know about it. What about pm to all members like happens for comps.
Thinking of one.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

The Crusader wrote:Sounds fine . . Lets see if others get on board, maybe some new members who dont know about it. What about pm to all members like happens for comps.
Good idea, will get on that when I've got time.
ndev2k
The Ton Club

Post by ndev2k »

I will join this now I have a new job with 'proper' pay :) I will sort it next month when first payday has been sorted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

ndev2k wrote:I will join this now I have a new job with 'proper' pay :) I will sort it next month when first payday has been sorted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:DDDD: :DDDD: Good man, as I said a few reasons why some probably couldn't do this year, like you said job wise will have affected many. Maybe some will show interest now, new members and so on.

Let's hope so as I think it is a superb idea.
Thinking of one.
dudley1975
Superleague Player

Post by dudley1975 »

I will cough up some money toi
Social Media:

Twitter - @DudleyHD

Facebook - Darrell Freeland
phillips_008
Feather Flights

Post by phillips_008 »

Hello, does anyone know how to get a sponsorship? Trying to find out on google but no luck!
Thanks
Krispy
County Player

Post by Krispy »

phillips_008 wrote:Hello, does anyone know how to get a sponsorship? Trying to find out on google but no luck!
Thanks
lf you're asking about sponsorship for darts generally - a LOT of hard work, and a lot of luck. put together a document about why someone should sponsor you - what do they get out of it as a company? what are you realistically going to look to achieve in a year's time.. two years?

then contact local businesses - as local is often the way to go with local press getting involved. if you have a good darts record, try and get featured in a local paper. that can help as you're generating interest, which a sponsor will share.

there's a load of quality players who can't get sponsorship - ones often seen on TV. so it isn't easy.
Webmaster and editor/writer of the PDC fansite; Darts, Beers & Cheers!, and Exhibition and Open Tournament database.
Play (terribly) for Stilton Country Club.
phillips_008
Feather Flights

Post by phillips_008 »

Okay thankyou :-)
phillips_008
Feather Flights

Post by phillips_008 »

Krispy wrote:
phillips_008 wrote:Hello, does anyone know how to get a sponsorship? Trying to find out on google but no luck!
Thanks
lf you're asking about sponsorship for darts generally - a LOT of hard work, and a lot of luck. put together a document about why someone should sponsor you - what do they get out of it as a company? what are you realistically going to look to achieve in a year's time.. two years?

then contact local businesses - as local is often the way to go with local press getting involved. if you have a good darts record, try and get featured in a local paper. that can help as you're generating interest, which a sponsor will share.

there's a load of quality players who can't get sponsorship - ones often seen on TV. so it isn't easy.
Okay thankyou :-)
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

It's a tough one because I was a member from day 1 and got a huge amount of enjoyment out of it;

- Grubby's run to a quarter final which had us all on tenderhooks
- the night Pipey qualified for the GSOD
- James Richardson beating Barney at the Worlds

So many good memories but very few players regularly post now and no-one jumps off the page that I would give my cash to.

I was gonna push to sponsor Durrant at the beginning of 2014 - wish I tried a bit harder. :D

Dave, did a superb job and I think we sponsored players to the tune of about £18,000 over a few years.

No other forum could get within a mile of achieving what we did.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Adrian1969 wrote:It's a tough one because I was a member from day 1 and got a huge amount of enjoyment out of it;

- Grubby's run to a quarter final which had us all on tenderhooks
- the night Pipey qualified for the GSOD
- James Richardson beating Barney at the Worlds

So many good memories but very few players regularly post now and no-one jumps off the page that I would give my cash to.

I was gonna push to sponsor Durrant at the beginning of 2014 - wish I tried a bit harder. :D

Dave, did a superb job and I think we sponsored players to the tune of about £18,000 over a few years.

No other forum could get within a mile of achieving what we did.
Very similar thoughts here also boyo !
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

Post by dartsfan22 »

when is it decided whos to be sponsored and what do you get out of putting money in??
dudley1975
Superleague Player

Post by dudley1975 »

What do we get out of it?

No financial reward, the joy of helping someone and hopefully seeing them progress as a darts player.
Social Media:

Twitter - @DudleyHD

Facebook - Darrell Freeland
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

dartsfan22 wrote:when is it decided whos to be sponsored and what do you get out of putting money in??
Sure spaceman will confirm more so here are the basics as I understand them.

Players without sponsorship can ask to be considered, when you pay in you have shares (dont know share price) and each share is one vote. Player wears TSOD patch on shirt.
Thinking of one.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

The Crusader wrote:
dartsfan22 wrote:when is it decided whos to be sponsored and what do you get out of putting money in??
Sure spaceman will confirm more so here are the basics as I understand them.

Players without sponsorship can ask to be considered, when you pay in you have shares (dont know share price) and each share is one vote. Player wears TSOD patch on shirt.
£5 a share.