Social Media Watch

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
TheVillan
Steady Sixties
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by TheVillan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:10 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:57 pm

Boom tish.....
In the battle of predictable BS versus predictable BS, this one at least wins on grounds of subtlety.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 20621
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by ssjsa » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:09 am

Michael Smith leaving Dunvegan.

Image

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

Skewball
International
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by Skewball » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 am

ssjsa wrote:Michael Smith leaving Dunvegan.

Very sensible. Why give away 10-20% to someone outside your family for booking hotels and planes.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 30348
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:03 am

Skewball wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 am
ssjsa wrote:Michael Smith leaving Dunvegan.

Very sensible. Why give away 10-20% to someone outside your family for booking hotels and planes.
For paying in advance for flights and hotels, for booking exhibitions and tours and for making sure that all entries are made and paid on time.
Also someone who's in the sports management business and knows the pitfalls and revenue streams.


Silly decision IMO but hey ho.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10202
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:07 am

I don't read JC's ranting blog of course, but I did titter when I heard on the grapevine that he referred to Ryan Meikle of Ipswich as "another left handed Dutchie"

He'll claim it's an in-joke of course :D

*waves*

Hi Gazmong. I know you read every post on here, especially mine.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 27527
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by ChrisW » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:44 am

Must be that Suffolk accent that gave him away.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10202
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:08 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:44 am
Must be that Suffolk accent that gave him away.
It's easily confused with the Eindhoven accent.

Skewball
International
Posts: 7745
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by Skewball » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:57 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 am
ssjsa wrote:Michael Smith leaving Dunvegan.

Very sensible. Why give away 10-20% to someone outside your family for booking hotels and planes.
For paying in advance for flights and hotels, for booking exhibitions and tours and for making sure that all entries are made and paid on time.
Also someone who's in the sports management business and knows the pitfalls and revenue streams.


Silly decision IMO but hey ho.
You second sentence is an agent, not a manager/organiser.
Not the same thing. Can be of course, but I'd split them.


User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 20621
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by ssjsa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm

Great to see Dave Clark not allowing Parkinsons to dictate how he lives his life.

Image

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

User avatar
ILAD
Superleague Player
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by ILAD » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:30 pm

Camp as fek
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 20621
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by ssjsa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 pm

ILAD wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:30 pm
Camp as fek
Yes it is, but if you were making such a great job of fighting such a debilitating disease, would you be giving a fek how any one else might perceive this tweet.

Good on him, I say.
Image

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

User avatar
ILAD
Superleague Player
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by ILAD » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:49 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 pm
ILAD wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:30 pm
Camp as fek
Yes it is, but if you were making such a great job of fighting such a debilitating disease, would you be giving a fek how any one else might perceive this tweet.

Good on him, I say.
Yes it is good on him, still camp as fek though. And my comment was based solely on how camp he looked and nothing to do with his illness, so chill.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by fling » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:25 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:03 am
Skewball wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 am
ssjsa wrote:Michael Smith leaving Dunvegan.

Very sensible. Why give away 10-20% to someone outside your family for booking hotels and planes.
For paying in advance for flights and hotels, for booking exhibitions and tours and for making sure that all entries are made and paid on time.
Also someone who's in the sports management business and knows the pitfalls and revenue streams.


Silly decision IMO but hey ho.
Anyone with a laptop and half a brain should be able to book their own flights and hotels along with tour entries

User avatar
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by Tommy T-Rex » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:31 pm

fling wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:25 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:03 am
Skewball wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 am
ssjsa wrote:Michael Smith leaving Dunvegan.

Very sensible. Why give away 10-20% to someone outside your family for booking hotels and planes.
For paying in advance for flights and hotels, for booking exhibitions and tours and for making sure that all entries are made and paid on time.
Also someone who's in the sports management business and knows the pitfalls and revenue streams.


Silly decision IMO but hey ho.
Anyone with a laptop and half a brain should be able to book their own flights and hotels along with tour entries
Its sponsorships and endorsements where a management company is invaluable.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 30348
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:34 pm

fling wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:25 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:03 am
Skewball wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 am
ssjsa wrote:Michael Smith leaving Dunvegan.

Very sensible. Why give away 10-20% to someone outside your family for booking hotels and planes.
For paying in advance for flights and hotels, for booking exhibitions and tours and for making sure that all entries are made and paid on time.
Also someone who's in the sports management business and knows the pitfalls and revenue streams.


Silly decision IMO but hey ho.
Anyone with a laptop and half a brain should be able to book their own flights and hotels along with tour entries
Therein lies the problem, remember you only need to book a wrong flight, miss an entry deadline or not sort out a visa in time and it could cost £10k, £20k, maybe more.
Management is much more that that, keeping in touch with other managers for exhibitions, promoting the player and getting their name up there with club/venue owners as one of the ones people want to see.
Still what do I know.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 30348
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:37 pm

The difference between the two organisations in one tweet, the pdc thanking the fans for making it what it is and the BDO slating those who haven't yet bought a ticket.

Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

markymark
County Player
Posts: 2597
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 am

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by markymark » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:43 pm

As much as the "P" in PDC is being discussed in relation to the players, it 100% applies to the actual organisation and those working within.

User avatar
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by Tommy T-Rex » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:51 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:37 pm
The difference between the two organisations in one tweet, the pdc thanking the fans for making it what it is and the BDO slating those who haven't yet bought a ticket.

HOW MANY TICKETS HAVE YOU BOUGHT?

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 30348
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:12 pm

Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 30348
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”