Social Media Watch

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Social Media Watch

Post by Ginge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am

Baron Von Marlon wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:28 am
He or she (Dartwolf) has also got a number of minor celebreties to make short videos publicising Dartsplanet. (Barry from Eastenders was yesterdays one).

Hopefully it's the real thing as I think it is a good brand and wish them every success (Dartsplanet).
Chris Morris was also very good at getting people to do the same. Just saying.

Cake is a made-up drug.

Baron Von Marlon
Brass Darts

Post by Baron Von Marlon » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am

Ginge wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am
Baron Von Marlon wrote:
He or she (Dartwolf) has also got a number of minor celebreties to make short videos publicising Dartsplanet. (Barry from Eastenders was yesterdays one).

Hopefully it's the real thing as I think it is a good brand and wish them every success (Dartsplanet).

Cake is a made-up drug.
Slight difference between the prospect of being on a "TV show" broadcast to millions and on a twitter page with less than 10k followers.

As I said, I hope it's all real and not someone on a wind up

DavidOwen67
International

Post by DavidOwen67 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am

Ginge wrote:
Baron Von Marlon wrote:

Cake is a made-up drug.
Also Barry from Eastenders answers the phone with the words "I'll do it"

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:38 am

Baron Von Marlon wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am
Ginge wrote:
Baron Von Marlon wrote:

Cake is a made-up drug.
Slight difference between the prospect of being on a "TV show" broadcast to millions and on a twitter page with less than 10k followers.

As I said, I hope it's all real and not someone on a wind up
Aye but the past output of the @Dartwolf180 account does lead you to the conclusion that maybe its just another wind-up and DartsPlanet have been suckered in as well. We will see.

Placeholder for a representative of DartsPlanetTV to come on here issuing threats. Again.

Buzz Fledderjohn
Pub Champion

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:00 am

Ginge wrote:
Baron Von Marlon wrote:

Cake is a made-up drug.
You're talking nonce-sense now.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:11 am

What does our resident Twitter "SuperMod" make of it all?

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:38 am

It’s bizarre
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

ILAD
Superleague Player

Post by ILAD » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:09 am

Ginge wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:11 am
What does our resident Twitter "SuperMod" make of it all?
He's too busy searching through Garys bins to comment.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:50 am

Ginge wrote:
Baron Von Marlon wrote:

Cake is a made-up drug.
Don't forget Karla the Elephant ;-)

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Forum member Gav having his say.

Mace has been giving it loads on Twitter on the subject as well.

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

Baron Von Marlon
Brass Darts

Post by Baron Von Marlon » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:52 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:33 pm
Forum member Gav having his say.

Mace has been giving it loads on Twitter on the subject as well.

good statement to be fair

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm

Given his previous posting history, people have every right to be sceptical. He was making all manner of crap up during the BDO Worlds.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Ginge wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm
Given his previous posting history, people have every right to be sceptical. He was making all manner of crap up during the BDO Worlds.
I agree Ginge. Thought this was a really funny parodyTwitter account and recommended it on the forum. For me turned into a medium with the sole purpose to promote Dartsplanet tv. I have unfollowed Dartswolf as was getting pissed off with his repetitive ness. That being said, I do like Dartsplanet and believe Gav when he says the account is nothing to do with him or his brand.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:06 pm
Ginge wrote:
I agree Ginge. Thought this was a really funny parodyTwitter account and recommended it on the forum. For me turned into a medium with the sole purpose to promote Dartsplanet tv. I have unfollowed Dartswolf as was getting pissed off with his repetitive ness. That being said, I do like Dartsplanet and believe Gav when he says the account is nothing to do with him or his brand.
That may be true, but what guarantee has he got that this "Dartwolf" character wont just turn around in March and say it was all another joke? I havent watched the video yet btw, so dunno if this has been answered,

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Ginge wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:
That may be true, but what guarantee has he got that this "Dartwolf" character wont just turn around in March and say it was all another joke? I havent watched the video yet btw, so dunno if this has been answered,
Absolutely none.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Absolutely none.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:16 pm

There we are then, nothing stopping DartWolf blocking everyone who enters (as per the rules meaning nobody can win), and saying he fooled everyone. #Skeptic

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:18 pm

Ginge wrote:
The only Gav I remember from forums was a tedious bald middle-aged man who was self-employed yet posted like a first grade moron, calling himself hilarious names like "Mike Hunt", "2hat", "Isaac Hunt", etc.

Baron Von Marlon
Brass Darts

Post by Baron Von Marlon » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:
He doesn't answer that. Just says that dartwolf is a superfan and has nothing to do with dartsplanet

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Baron Von Marlon wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:38 pm
Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote:
He doesn't answer that. Just says that dartwolf is a superfan and has nothing to do with dartsplanet
Well he does now, given Dartsplanet are co-promoting this competition. So any comeback doesnt look good for them either.

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”