EDO Statement Re Martin Adams

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Re: EDO Statement Re Martin Adams

Post by WCDPA »

Dicie wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
The_Lakeside wrote:These guys really enjoy telling lies about Martin.

Were you in turkey or Selsey ????
Where you at the 6 nations in Holland. Where you at the lanc vs chesire game?
No like you I wasn't! But unlike you I was at Turkey, Selsey and lakeside so at least most of my postings are from first hand knowledge unlike most who have commented on here!
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

WCDPA wrote:
Dicie wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

No I wasn't!!

That's all I asked, thanks
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Dicie wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Dicie wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

No I wasn't!!

That's all I asked, thanks
Neither was you, thanks
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

the EDO should be sued for defamation of character-a scandalous carrying on -what's even sadder is to see Pauly running his tongue along their backside
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

ok thanks
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

run along and do your KOTW
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

fandarts wrote:run along and do your KOTW

its saturdau numbnuts, its already done, KotW is done on fridays
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

well it gives you 6 days to titillate yourself, i wonder who's next?
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

I suspect there won't be no shortage of options thanks to the bdo

The gift that keeps on giving.
Mack
The Ton Club

Post by Mack »

Col wrote:Glasgow rangers no longer exist. The new gers are guff but I hope they get promotion next season as opposed to the smelly jambos.

mon the hibees.
Totally agree, you go bust, and start a new, you are jot Rangers anymore
Mack The Knife
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Another episode of "amateur hour" from the edo...

dear lord....
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Tristan wrote:Another episode of "amateur hour" from the edo...

dear lord....

Couldn't have put it better myself, they are the laughing stock of darts at present, they even make the current BDO set up look professional. That's hard to do
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Dicie wrote:

dear lord....

Couldn't have put it better myself, they are the laughing stock of darts at present, they even make the current BDO set up look professional. That's hard to do

appointing pauley did not help them either :DDD:
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Dicie wrote:

dear lord....

Perhaps you should watch some of our DVD's see what some amateurs can do , look at our deal with Bunn leisure and ask the 700 people who enter our singles comp at the £35,000 England open weekend.
The streaming of darts was brought to the public by the EDO , the new England Matchplay events 2 years now , we started 7 years ago without a penny , hoping to announce very shortly some news re England youth.
Perhaps you knowledgable guys could tell us how you could improve things ! I'm surprised that darts in Dicie and JC's Ireland isn't a multi million pound industry as they have all the answers ;)
I always give 100% to what I'm asked to do , if that isn't good enough so be it in the meantime I will keep plugging away.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

The edo are an amateur org pauly. How many full time employees do they have?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Col wrote:The edo are an amateur org pauly. How many full time employees do they have?
No full time employees Col, but a lot of hard working people with various skills JP on streaming, Bernie Crouch on IT , Jean Haywood tournament director alongside TT have run as many comps as anybody in England , jean was a Yorkshire official until she recently decided to commit to England only, TT a man well respected in darts who I believe had the chance to go over to PDC at one stage , then you have men like john people's of Cleveland, Peter Melton at Cambridge , Vic sexton at Sussex rules and transportation expert, myself no particular skills but will work my B's off.
In an ideal world with good financial backing a paid CEO would be desirable , we are not even trying to compete with PDC , just to do the optimum for our players.
The_Lakeside
Feather Flights

Post by The_Lakeside »

NO MORE LIES EDO.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

WCDPA wrote:
Dicie wrote:

dear lord....

Perhaps you should watch some of our DVD's see what some amateurs can do , look at our deal with Bunn leisure and ask the 700 people who enter our singles comp at the £35,000 England open weekend.
The streaming of darts was brought to the public by the EDO , the new England Matchplay events 2 years now , we started 7 years ago without a penny , hoping to announce very shortly some news re England youth.
Perhaps you knowledgable guys could tell us how you could improve things ! I'm surprised that darts in Dicie and JC's Ireland isn't a multi million pound industry as they have all the answers ;)
I always give 100% to what I'm asked to do , if that isn't good enough so be it in the meantime I will keep plugging away.

Or maybe, you could stick a muzzle on TT, and all that great work ye are doing wont be wasted on some mad auld bloke that cant keep his mouth shut.
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

Ginge wrote:Statement from EDO Board of Directors 22.01.14

Whilst at the Lakeside in January, it became evident a confidential letter concerning International selection sent from the EDO Board of Directors to the EDO Selection panel had become common knowledge. This caused major problems for one of our Directors and his party.

This constituted a breach of trust of this letter and the discussions which were held in the selection process; the person concerned is no longer part of the selection committee.

As a result of this breach of confidence, the EDO Board feels they have no alternative, but to make this public statement.

The Directors of England Darts have the right to include or exclude any player/players from representing our Country; we will not tolerate abuse of other players or England’s nominated officials. England further makes it clear that there are procedures to deal with any issues, these procedures, do not include publicly abusing officials or sponsors.

Martin Adams was not selected to represent England at the 2013 6 Nations in The Netherlands. He received a phone call advising him of his non-selection, and was given the option by the Board of Directors to announce that he was unavailable. He chose to accept this course of action and therefor preventing any undue embarrassment in acknowledgement of his past services; the England Board of Directors complied.

Martin Adams over a period of years, has made it known that he wishes nothing to do with England Darts, he has on a number of occasions publically abused the Directors and their officials at EDO events. He also acted in an inappropriate manner whilst representing England, which could have resulted in England being sanctioned, but for the intervention of the EDO officials present and the goodwill of the aggrieved countries officials.

Unfortunately the respect shown to Martin Adams by the EDO board has never been reciprocated.

On behalf of the Board of Directors.

Chairman

Tommy Thompson
This statement does the EDO no credit whatsoever, it's simply terrible for a governing body to have issued this, it's a corporate embarresment. Regardless of what happened this Is not the way to have dealt with the issue's. It's incredulous given the history of the EDO and those involved that they would use the idpa playbook in public against a dart player.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Washing your dirty laundry in public, I believe it is called.