Enough with the Martin Adams bashing...

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ricky 180
The Ton Club

Re: Enough with the Martin Adams bashing...

Post by Ricky 180 »

ifm wrote:He is one of the greats unquestionably, the problem is this forum is massively pdc biased so all you will get is more ridicule, and yes it is jealousy.
Can't be that good you beat him!
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ricky 180 wrote:
ifm wrote:He is one of the greats unquestionably, the problem is this forum is massively pdc biased so all you will get is more ridicule, and yes it is jealousy.
Can't be that good you beat him!
He was world champion at the time too lol
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

People who deny Martin's darts qualities at the very top end of our sport are not just in denial, but unconsciously or deliberately try to break off the big bearded superstar. Of course, he's not a Phil Taylor, but then again who is apart from the grandmaster himself? Martin's easily top 10 ever, maybe spot 8 or 9 behind all the familiar legendary names who were also multiple champions.
Still, here in Holland he -as I've heard last year- made some offensive remarks during a tourney which are intolerable and which make it understandable for his superiors to take some sort of action against him, at least he doesn't get the PDC's special treatment of the best ever. And his sometimes rather blunt remarks rather add to his fall than to his rise in popularity.
All in all, Martin deserves the respect and credits that all top players deserve, nothing more, nothing less. And the bashing, well, this is not a PDC coloured forum, but some of the most frequently posting members tend to have some sort of out of bounds grown aversion against him that's hardly ever effectively disciplined by the mods because it's usually skindeep or so called tongue in cheek.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Murphio wrote:Would Martin Adams have won a major event in a unified field? I have to say I very much doubt it. There is no doubt he is a very good player but 'great' - I don't think so.

It's fair to say he is one of the greatest players to have played solely within the BDO system post-split.

His record in the mixed PDC/BDO tournaments 99-2001 and the Dutch One's suggest had the split not occured its possible he may of had some tournamnet success but that is purely hypothetical as history will record the fact he chose not to try and cement any darting legacy by competing and winning against the greatest player(s) of all time ona regular basis.

Incidentally with Wolfie I am of the opinion had the split never occured its more than likely possible that we would never of heard of him and he would of never made Lakeside initially but i think this is also true of many of the 'names' who emerged from 94 onwards.
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

a fine thread. Wolfie was as good as anyone for a 3 or 4 year period, from 07 onwards, he matured late in his career and reaped the rewards, 3 world titles and equaled Bob Andersons 3 in a row masters haul, a player who has been labelled a coward but he played in pdc events, a man of principle who turned the GSOD down, who put it all on the line to play for England, who steadied the ship when Ollie "left", he has kept his dignity in this latest row with TT, as a Wolfie fan i have to admit his best days on the dart board are behind him but Sir Martin Adams should be a title that doesn't evade him, over to you Lizzy.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Rudy wrote:People who deny Martin's darts qualities at the very top end of our sport are not just in denial, but unconsciously or deliberately try to break off the big bearded superstar. Of course, he's not a Phil Taylor, but then again who is apart from the grandmaster himself? Martin's easily top 10 ever, maybe spot 8 or 9 behind all the familiar legendary names who were also multiple champions.
Still, here in Holland he -as I've heard last year- made some offensive remarks during a tourney which are intolerable and which make it understandable for his superiors to take some sort of action against him, at least he doesn't get the PDC's special treatment of the best ever. And his sometimes rather blunt remarks rather add to his fall than to his rise in popularity.
All in all, Martin deserves the respect and credits that all top players deserve, nothing more, nothing less. And the bashing, well, this is not a PDC coloured forum, but some of the most frequently posting members tend to have some sort of out of bounds grown aversion against him that's hardly ever effectively disciplined by the mods because it's usually skindeep or so called tongue in cheek.

Top 8 ever ! come on Rudy I thought you knew your darts !...I honestly think even the most blinkered one eyed Adams fan would struggle with top 8 ever
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

fandarts wrote:a fine thread. Wolfie was as good as anyone for a 3 or 4 year period, from 07 onwards, he matured late in his career and reaped the rewards, 3 world titles and equaled Bob Andersons 3 in a row masters haul, a player who has been labelled a coward but he played in pdc events, a man of principle who turned the GSOD down, who put it all on the line to play for England, who steadied the ship when Ollie "left", he has kept his dignity in this latest row with TT, as a Wolfie fan i have to admit his best days on the dart board are behind him but Sir Martin Adams should be a title that doesn't evade him, over to you Lizzy.
Oh fucking hell here we go
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

trotter wrote:
Top 8 ever ! come on Rudy I thought you knew your darts !...I honestly think even the most blinkered one eyed Adams fan would struggle with top 8 ever
If and its a big IF he hadn't (and still didn't) suffered from squeeky bum syndrome in all the years until he finally won a BDO Major then its possible he may of made a top 10.

But given how many times he lost in major games when he really shouldn't of done will always exclude him from being considered a 'great'.
Great players simply don't have the weaknesses he has shown.
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

el_ringo wrote:
trotter wrote:
If and its a big IF he hadn't (and still didn't) suffered from squeeky bum syndrome in all the years until he finally won a BDO Major then its possible he may of made a top 10.

But given how many times he lost in major games when he really shouldn't of done will always exclude him from being considered a 'great'.
Great players simply don't have the weaknesses he has shown.
3 world and 3 master titles, yeah he's very weak buddy :showbum:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Rees
Evans
Bristow
Jocky
Anderson
Priestly
Lowe
Taylor
Part
Barney

There are ten names. off the top of my head, probably missed someone obvious. Now find room for Adams in that lot.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

amazing how a multiple just turns up and starts a thread like this.

Surely this will help post count
Other forums doing similar in order manipulate members...in their case adding a banner to illicit a reaction.While that type of crap is expected on the likes of dolefinish, i thought the members on here would not fall for that.
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

there are adam fans out there justin
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Its funny how people get upset over Martin Adams
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Justin Credible wrote:amazing how a multiple just turns up and starts a thread like this.

Surely this will help post count
Other forums doing similar in order manipulate members...in their case adding a banner to illicit a reaction.While that type of crap is expected on the likes of dolefinish, i thought the members on here would not fall for that.
What?!?
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

oche balboa wrote:Its funny how people get upset over Martin Adams

as usual you have no idea what you are on about.

no one is upset with adams, in my case I find that the whole thread is a poor ploy to garner post count by an obvious multiple.
This type of thread has been done on here over and over and over,
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:Rees
Evans
Bristow
Jocky
Anderson
Priestly
Lowe
Taylor
Part
Barney

There are ten names. off the top of my head, probably missed someone obvious. Now find room for Adams in that lot.
Seriously? He'd be 3rd in that list
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

ifm wrote:
Evans
Bristow
Jocky
Anderson
Priestly
Lowe
Taylor
Part
Barney

top 5 no question, evans anderson part rees jocky , a line could be put through their names easily
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ifm wrote:
Evans
Bristow
Jocky
Anderson
Priestly
Lowe
Taylor
Part
Barney

I assume you mean after Taylor and Bristow - which is laughable. Adams better than Barney? John Lowe? Shark well and truly vaulted.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Evans
Bristow
Jocky
Anderson
Priestly
Lowe
Taylor
Part
Barney

I assume you mean after Taylor and Bristow - which is laughable. Adams better than Barney? John Lowe? Shark well and truly vaulted.
Did barney win 3 world titles and 3 masters titles? Did Lowe?
End of discussion.

Madsocks
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

ifm wrote:
Murphio wrote:
ifm wrote:
Evans
Bristow
Jocky
Anderson
Priestly
Lowe
Taylor
Part
Barney

Did barney win 3 world titles and 3 masters titles? Did Lowe?
End of discussion.
Barney had 4 BDO worlds and 2 Masters, what are you talking about?
Chizzyesque