Stephen Bunting

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:01 am All this Top 16 talk is actually a bit of an insult to Bunting's current ability and future potential. There are only 2 players in the world definitely better than Bunting at this moment in time. 3 at a push. Top 16 is already a foregone conclusion.
Bump.
Currently ranked 18 :D :D :D
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

That wasnt even the most ludicrious post in this thread, to be honest. The Ian White one is the clear winner
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 pmIf you think Ian White and Stephen Bunting are on a par, you carry on pal. Set a reminder, and in two years time, lets revisit this thread and see which of the two of us looks utterly ridiculous.
This is rather delicious, too.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Booji Boy wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:49 pmYou lost all credibility when you said Wilson wouldnt cut it in the PDC.

You clearly never watch BDO darts.
Oh, C'ol!!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:13 pm Wilson is a fantastic talent and player he averages around 90-95 on a regular basis, if he did that in the PDC HE WOULD CUT IT, Infact a lot of players in the BDO can cut it in the PDC more then you think if i am honest.

Bunting is a top 5 player at the moment, and has already shown it.
The thread that keeps on giving.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

david cox wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:31 pm Why don't you just watch bunting over the next few months and see how good he is........by the way he will be top 6 within 2 years.
Load of old Cox.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Interestingly (fairly), Bunting won the BDO Worlds and then switched and caused all this kerfuffle by winning his 2nd PDC event (UKOQ2) in 2014.

Hasn't won a PDC comp of any kind in the 5 1/2 years since. :D :D

Anyone seen Routly?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:22 pm Interestingly (fairly), Bunting won the BDO Worlds and then switched and caused all this kerfuffle by winning his 2nd PDC event (UKOQ2) in 2014.

Anyone seen Routly?
Erm yes he has.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:50 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:22 pm Interestingly (fairly), Bunting won the BDO Worlds and then switched and caused all this kerfuffle by winning his 2nd PDC event (UKOQ2) in 2014.

Anyone seen Routly?
Erm yes he has.
My bad. He won a ProTour event just over 3 years ago. I stand corrected. After causing all that fuss by winning his second PDC event, he has won just one of the 250 PDC comps he has played in.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:11 pm
Rout wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 pmIf you think Ian White and Stephen Bunting are on a par, you carry on pal. Set a reminder, and in two years time, lets revisit this thread and see which of the two of us looks utterly ridiculous.
Yes, it is rather enjoyable to see such po faced arrogance given a bith slap by the passage of time. :DDD:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Murphio wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 pm
Yes, it is rather enjoyable to see such po faced arrogance given a bith slap by the passage of time. :DDD:
Bith slaps are the futfe :D :D :D
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:59 pm
Murphio wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 pm
Bith slaps are the futfe :D :D :D
:grin:
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Rout wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 pm
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote: Think about that and tell me whether my statement that there are definitely only 2 or 3 players better in the world than Bunting right now.
It is absolutely impossible to prove one way or the other.
So we are in agreement.

And your comparison to Ian White really doesn't need me to comment on it at all. The stupidity of it speaks for itself.
No, we are not in agreement. You think talking about Bunting as a top 16 PDC player is an 'insult'. I see it as a completely fair assessment of his ability at this stage. No doubt a couple of years ago you'd have been describing Mark Webster being labelled a top 16 PDC player as an 'insult'. The quality of the fields at Lakeside and the World Masters is not of sufficient quality or depth to form a competent judgement. And one pro tour win is woefully short. You were engaging in hyperbole based on not very much. As for Ian White - why is that stupid? It is quite easy to guage the standard at which someone performs consistently if you pay attention. Ian White, right now, is every bit as good a player as Bunting - the Lakeside and Masters wins in fairly sub standard fields are blinding you to the reality.
I've watched Bunting tear apart fields in opens that contain many top PDC (and other top BDO players). I don't need you to tell me about the respective qualities of the Lakeside fields versus masters fields to tell me how good the guy is. I think if you understand the game you can realise how good he is.

So I don't need to keep labouring the same point. If you think Ian White and Stephen Bunting are on a par, you carry on pal. Set a reminder, and in two years time, lets revisit this thread and see which of the two of us looks utterly ridiculous.
Here, Wazza whitshisface. Check this out.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Murphio wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:12 pm
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Murphio wrote: It is absolutely impossible to prove one way or the other.
So we are in agreement.

And your comparison to Ian White really doesn't need me to comment on it at all. The stupidity of it speaks for itself.
No, we are not in agreement. You think talking about Bunting as a top 16 PDC player is an 'insult'. I see it as a completely fair assessment of his ability at this stage. No doubt a couple of years ago you'd have been describing Mark Webster being labelled a top 16 PDC player as an 'insult'. The quality of the fields at Lakeside and the World Masters is not of sufficient quality or depth to form a competent judgement. And one pro tour win is woefully short. You were engaging in hyperbole based on not very much. As for Ian White - why is that stupid? It is quite easy to guage the standard at which someone performs consistently if you pay attention. Ian White, right now, is every bit as good a player as Bunting - the Lakeside and Masters wins in fairly sub standard fields are blinding you to the reality.
I've watched Bunting tear apart fields in opens that contain many top PDC (and other top BDO players). I don't need you to tell me about the respective qualities of the Lakeside fields versus masters fields to tell me how good the guy is. I think if you understand the game you can realise how good he is.

So I don't need to keep labouring the same point. If you think Ian White and Stephen Bunting are on a par, you carry on pal. Set a reminder, and in two years time, lets revisit this thread and see which of the two of us looks utterly ridiculous.
:D :D
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Murphio wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Murphio wrote: It is absolutely impossible to prove one way or the other.
So we are in agreement.

ImageImageImage
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Skewball wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:07 pm
Murphio wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
So we are in agreement.

ImageImageImage
You come back next year pal and see which one of us looks ridiculous!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Murphio wrote:
Skewball wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:07 pm
Murphio wrote:
Murphio wrote: No, we are not in agreement. You think talking about Bunting as a top 16 PDC player is an 'insult'. I see it as a completely fair assessment of his ability at this stage. No doubt a couple of years ago you'd have been describing Mark Webster being labelled a top 16 PDC player as an 'insult'. The quality of the fields at Lakeside and the World Masters is not of sufficient quality or depth to form a competent judgement. And one pro tour win is woefully short. You were engaging in hyperbole based on not very much. As for Ian White - why is that stupid? It is quite easy to guage the standard at which someone performs consistently if you pay attention. Ian White, right now, is every bit as good a player as Bunting - the Lakeside and Masters wins in fairly sub standard fields are blinding you to the reality.

ImageImageImage
You come back next year pal and see which one of us looks ridiculous!
ImageImage
Rout and Murph both back posting regularly.
Happy days
All thanks to the BDO!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

ifm as Tommy T-Rex, too
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Black Velvet wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:57 pm ifm as Tommy T-Rex, too
Anyone?