Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by Rout »

ssjsa wrote:
Rout wrote:
Duterprat wrote:He dominated the rotting corpse of the BDO
Genuine question, how many of the current PDC top ten can say the same?
No it isn't. ;-)
Yes. It is.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Rout wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Rout wrote:
No it isn't. ;-)
Yes. It is.
Oh right. Apologies, thought you would have been aware of the respective records in the BDO of the current PDC Top 10.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ssjsa wrote:
Rout wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Rout wrote:
No it isn't. ;-)
Yes. It is.
Oh right. Apologies, thought you would have been aware of the respective records in the BDO of the current PDC Top 10.
I am. But that doesn't mean my question is not genuine, I would like to know his take on that, against the statement he made within the parameters of the discussion taking place.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote:
If you ignore that bar Chizzy none of the current PDC top 10 played in such a weak BDO system then

Gary Anderson was far and away the most prolific dominant player in the BDO prior to his swap but failed to win Lakeside or the Masters but he won virtually everything else outside of them.

Adrian Lewis & Michael Smith have only played very limited BDO tournaments if any at all

James Wade & Peter Wright very limited time in the BDO , both barely long enough in time to have dominated anyway & both a log time ago under quite different BDO scenarios concerning strength of fields etc.

Dave Chisnall ok fair enough he never dominated the BDO but then he has never won anything in the PDC either so far so he has a similar record which really backs up the argument if you can't win the BDO then you won't in the PDC.(But I think this is really against your point you are trying to make)

Bob Thornton he swapped really when he had just started to win things in the BDO. Which really is the ideal time for anyone to swap when your in the ascendancy & I think his record since then backs up he made the correct career move. It's possible if he hadn't swapped when he did he may have had a period of dominance within the BDO but no one knows this for sure now.

The Hampton I really have no idea how he is the top 10 of the PDC as I don't really recall him doing much to threaten any TV tournament wins so its probably more a case of he's been very consistent in the last 2 years of hovering up 1/4 final appearances etc. He was dominant in the BDO for a week at least or he wouldn't of been Lakeside Champion or does this not count ?

MvG he was the reigning Masters Champion & had only 1 Lakeside appearance which was possibly affected by behind the scenes shenanigans of the anti swap whisper vigilantes. Again if he hadn't swapped when he did he may have gone on and dominated the BDO in the same way he is now the PDC all what a lot sooner given the weaker fields.

That Taylor fellow never done anything of note in the BDO so we won't bother to mention him ;)

The most important aspect is not one of the current top 10 has played in the BDO system anywhere near as long as The Buddha did before he dominated it.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

fact is bunting dominated the bdo, and simpletons thought because he was beating up jobbers with ease in the crap bdo he would simply turn up in the pdc and be a top player.

I said before he switched he was never and will never be a top 3 player, in fact said he would be lucky to be even in the top 8.
Rout claimed top 16 was a foregone conclusion and bunting was the third best player in the world.

He was wrong, I was right, and this annoys people who love to obsess and chase me.
So fire away and let the excuses and deflections begin, ignore how shit bunting is and instead concentrate on me, the greatest poster on this forum.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote:
If you ignore that bar Chizzy none of the current PDC top 10 played in such a weak BDO system then

Gary Anderson was far and away the most prolific dominant player in the BDO prior to his swap but failed to win Lakeside or the Masters but he won virtually everything else outside of them.

Adrian Lewis & Michael Smith have only played very limited BDO tournaments if any at all

James Wade & Peter Wright very limited time in the BDO , both barely long enough in time to have dominated anyway & both a log time ago under quite different BDO scenarios concerning strength of fields etc.

Dave Chisnall ok fair enough he never dominated the BDO but then he has never won anything in the PDC either so far so he has a similar record which really backs up the argument if you can't win the BDO then you won't in the PDC.(But I think this is really against your point you are trying to make)

Bob Thornton he swapped really when he had just started to win things in the BDO. Which really is the ideal time for anyone to swap when your in the ascendancy & I think his record since then backs up he made the correct career move. It's possible if he hadn't swapped when he did he may have had a period of dominance within the BDO but no one knows this for sure now.

The Hampton I really have no idea how he is the top 10 of the PDC as I don't really recall him doing much to threaten any TV tournament wins so its probably more a case of he's been very consistent in the last 2 years of hovering up 1/4 final appearances etc. He was dominant in the BDO for a week at least or he wouldn't of been Lakeside Champion or does this not count ?

MvG he was the reigning Masters Champion & had only 1 Lakeside appearance which was possibly affected by behind the scenes shenanigans of the anti swap whisper vigilantes. Again if he hadn't swapped when he did he may have gone on and dominated the BDO in the same way he is now the PDC all what a lot sooner given the weaker fields.

That Taylor fellow never done anything of note in the BDO so we won't bother to mention him ;)

The most important aspect is not one of the current top 10 has played in the BDO system anywhere near as long as The Buddha did before he dominated it.
You didn't mention Anderson (Gary)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote:fact is bunting dominated the bdo, and simpletons thought because he was beating up jobbers with ease in the crap bdo he would simply turn up in the pdc and be a top player.

I said before he switched he was never and will never be a top 3 player, in fact said he would be lucky to be even in the top 8.
Rout claimed top 16 was a foregone conclusion and bunting was the third best player in the world.

He was wrong, I was right, and this annoys people who love to obsess and chase me.
So fire away and let the excuses and deflections begin, ignore how shit bunting is and instead concentrate on me, the greatest poster on this forum.
Like I said earlier the whole Bunting thing is an obsession with you and rout.
Not a real argument in the darts world. Just your 'pet' subject.
I don't think anyone takes it seriously.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ChrisW wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote:

You didn't mention Anderson (Gary)
I did ;)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
I did ;)
So you did . Sorry!
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by Rout »

Garry Murphy wrote:Rout claimed top 16 was a foregone conclusion

He was wrong, I was right
You sure?

I said he would make the top 16 and he did.

Have you thought about doing an evening class or two?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote:

So in summary, possibly only Taylor out of the current pdc top 10 dominated the bdo, is the answer to my question.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:fact is bunting dominated the bdo, and simpletons thought because he was beating up jobbers with ease in the crap bdo he would simply turn up in the pdc and be a top player.

The self appointed greatest poster on this forum. :roll:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote:So in summary, possibly only Taylor out of the current pdc top 10 dominated the bdo, is the answer to my question.
I am pretty sure Anderson was seen as the dominant BDO force for a period just his failure to win the Masters or Lakeside makes the argument to the contrary BUT in the same way MvG is seen currently as dominating the PDC yet he isn't the current PDC World Champion.

Does anyone realistically think MvG isn't dominating the PDC this season ?

A lot of the current top 10 swapped to the PDC when they were in or entering a period of form which could of led to them dominating the BDO. I presume career wise this is the prime time to swap anyone who stays to dominate the BDO and then swap risks being on the wane when they do which I suspect is what has happened to the Buddha.

The Buddha also had a considerably longer period in the BDO than anyone currently in the PDC Top which also gave him a much longer span in which to achieve domination especially as it was a diminishing field with each passing season.

I would have a bet that there are a fair few people who are now outside the PDC Top 16 whom an argument could be made that they dominated the BDO system for a certain period of time. This just adds weight to the argument that being a top BDO player doesn't translate to guaranteed success in the PDC and in the current climate being BDO no1 isn't and won't be seen as much an honour by the average TV watching darts fan now.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Mvg might not be the current world champion. But he has been the world champion.

No one who failed to win the two most important comps, or even make a final, can ever have been considered to be dominant.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote:
No one who failed to win the two most important comps, or even make a final, can ever have been considered to be dominant.
Debateable with Anderson as his 2007 IDL and World Darts Trophy victories are greater achievements than anyone who won Lakeside in 2008 or the Masters that year due to the strength of the fields and the defeating of a Taylor in one final.
You could dominate the BDO for 11 months of the year from Feb - December regardless anyway.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

el_ringo wrote:
Rout wrote:
Debateable with Anderson as his 2007 IDL and World Darts Trophy victories are greater achievements than anyone who won Lakeside in 2008.
The only achievement that can rival the world championship is the other world championship.

In 20 years time the only thing that will be remembered generally about the naughties in darts will be the world champions.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote:
The only achievement that can rival the world championship is the other world championship.
I am sure the vast majority of people who read here(& general darts fans) and perhaps most importantly as its very often mentioned by BDO refusniks that Waites GSOD win is far more significant than either of his Lakeside wins.
Rout wrote:In 20 years time the only thing that will be remembered generally about the naughties in darts will be the world champions.
The only thing in 20 years time that will be remembered in darts from the naughties will be the Barney Taylor final anything else is just moot on that point. I would hazard a guess in another 20 years no one will even mention that there was such a thing as the BDO it will just be referred to as Darts as the PDC will be the only visible presence to people who watch the game.
The only things in darts from the 80's that people remember is the Deller win , Jocky Wilson , Eric Bristow & Jim Bowen & the 90's are just dominated by the split in darts which over shadows the Judas Taylor final in peoples memories.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

You've totally underplayed what's remembered from the 80s for a start. Tons of people grew up loving John Lowe for example.

But almost all of it is world championships.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Rout wrote:You've totally underplayed what's remembered from the 80s for a start. Tons of people grew up loving John Lowe for example.

But almost all of it is world championships.
Sorry but I don't think I have

The Deller win I am sure the average person in the street who was alive then remembers that alone from World Championships. Noone will even remember the year that Deller won let alone who won any other year .The ONLY other people who people remember with darts from the 80's are Jocky & Eric. They will also mention Jim Bowen & Bullseye in the same breath that's it that's the 80's mark on darting memories as far as people are concerned. I am sure in another 20 or so years the ONLY thing people ever mention about pre split darts will be Bullseye that program will be immortal for all time.

I agree with you that perhaps many more people should be remembered like John Lowe, Bobby George etc but they aren't and perhaps shamefully no one ever recalls the first 9 Darter on TV either.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

how is the player that dominated the manky bdo and had duzza and spineless among his bitches now outside the pdc top 16.

I thought we were told he was the third best player in the world and top 16 was a foregone conclusion

how can this be ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time