Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Rout wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote: Think about that and tell me whether my statement that there are definitely only 2 or 3 players better in the world than Bunting right now.
It is absolutely impossible to prove one way or the other.
So we are in agreement.

And your comparison to Ian White really doesn't need me to comment on it at all. The stupidity of it speaks for itself.
No, we are not in agreement. You think talking about Bunting as a top 16 PDC player is an 'insult'. I see it as a completely fair assessment of his ability at this stage. No doubt a couple of years ago you'd have been describing Mark Webster being labelled a top 16 PDC player as an 'insult'. The quality of the fields at Lakeside and the World Masters is not of sufficient quality or depth to form a competent judgement. And one pro tour win is woefully short. You were engaging in hyperbole based on not very much. As for Ian White - why is that stupid? It is quite easy to guage the standard at which someone performs consistently if you pay attention. Ian White, right now, is every bit as good a player as Bunting - the Lakeside and Masters wins in fairly sub standard fields are blinding you to the reality.
I've watched Bunting tear apart fields in opens that contain many top PDC (and other top BDO players). I don't need you to tell me about the respective qualities of the Lakeside fields versus masters fields to tell me how good the guy is. I think if you understand the game you can realise how good he is.

So I don't need to keep labouring the same point. If you think Ian White and Stephen Bunting are on a par, you carry on pal. Set a reminder, and in two years time, lets revisit this thread and see which of the two of us looks utterly ridiculous.

magnificent :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Little Lonely Garry
International

Justin Credible wrote:my own personal opinion is he will end up like merv king, mark webster etc, decent player but never top 8 but more than capable of taking scalps
from feb 23 2014.

That lad knows his stuff
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I don't get to him.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Rout wrote:All this Top 16 talk is actually a bit of an insult to Bunting's current ability and future potential. There are only 2 players in the world definitely better than Bunting at this moment in time. 3 at a push. Top 16 is already a foregone conclusion.

will never get old

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Little Lonely Garry
International

Rout wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Rout wrote: Think about that and tell me whether my statement that there are definitely only 2 or 3 players better in the world than Bunting right now.
It is absolutely impossible to prove one way or the other.
So we are in agreement.

And your comparison to Ian White really doesn't need me to comment on it at all. The stupidity of it speaks for itself.
No, we are not in agreement. You think talking about Bunting as a top 16 PDC player is an 'insult'. I see it as a completely fair assessment of his ability at this stage. No doubt a couple of years ago you'd have been describing Mark Webster being labelled a top 16 PDC player as an 'insult'. The quality of the fields at Lakeside and the World Masters is not of sufficient quality or depth to form a competent judgement. And one pro tour win is woefully short. You were engaging in hyperbole based on not very much. As for Ian White - why is that stupid? It is quite easy to guage the standard at which someone performs consistently if you pay attention. Ian White, right now, is every bit as good a player as Bunting - the Lakeside and Masters wins in fairly sub standard fields are blinding you to the reality.
I've watched Bunting tear apart fields in opens that contain many top PDC (and other top BDO players). I don't need you to tell me about the respective qualities of the Lakeside fields versus masters fields to tell me how good the guy is. I think if you understand the game you can realise how good he is.

So I don't need to keep labouring the same point. If you think Ian White and Stephen Bunting are on a par, you carry on pal. Set a reminder, and in two years time, lets revisit this thread and see which of the two of us looks utterly ridiculous.
You were wrong Murphio.
Ian White is not on a par with Bunting.

Ian White is still better, :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Rout wrote: So I don't need to keep labouring the same point. If you think Ian White and Stephen Bunting are on a par, you carry on pal. Set a reminder, and in two years time, lets revisit this thread and see which of the two of us looks utterly ridiculous.
:DDD:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

david cox wrote:Why don't you just watch bunting over the next few months and see how good he is........by the way he will be top 6 within 2 years.
Little Lonely Garry
International

comedy gold are the comments by the bdo fans who thought their golden boy bunting was something special
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

In fairness nobody could predict such a huge slump in form, you can only assume they will improve or hold the status quo, i doubt anybody predicted Wright, MVG or Andos surges of form as they had all been around for years treading water.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ifm wrote:In fairness nobody could predict such a huge slump in form, you can only assume they will improve or hold the status quo, i doubt anybody predicted Wright, MVG or Andos surges of form as they had all been around for years treading water.
Bunting is far too good a player to not reverse his slump. Have said this on the forum before, and will say again. He has never been the same player since he changed his darts for the first time a couple of years back. Despite changing back to what looks like his original set up, he has never rediscovered the form he had before the change.

For me he looks like a player bereft of confidence, and once he gets this back, he will go shooting back up the OOM.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I remember loads of people saying Bristow was the best player in the world.

Have you seen him play recently? He can't even average in the 60s. How anyone can say he was the best player in the world is beyond me.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Rout wrote:I remember loads of people saying Bristow was the best player in the world.

Have you seen him play recently? He can't even average in the 60s. How anyone can say he was the best player in the world is beyond me.
It's not about Bunting though is it. Has always been about a certain person's obsession with one post on a darts forum.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ChrisW wrote:
Rout wrote:I remember loads of people saying Bristow was the best player in the world.

It's not about Bunting though is it. Has always been about a certain person's obsession with one post on a darts forum.
Or one person.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:In fairness nobody could predict such a huge slump in form, you can only assume they will improve or hold the status quo, i doubt anybody predicted Wright, MVG or Andos surges of form as they had all been around for years treading water.
Bunting is far to good a player to not reverse his slump. Have said this on the forum before, and will say again. He has never been the same player since he changed his darts for the first time a couple of years back. Despite changing back to what looks like his original set up, he has never rediscovered the form he had before the change.

For me he looks like a player bereft of confidence, and once he gets this back, he will go shooting back up the OOM.
The weird thing is the length of the slump, i remember talking to a few lads that played youth with him and he was apparently ridiculously good then and has consistently been so for years, you see cyclical form like Hamilton and you see steady declines but it's rare you see someone fall off a cliff like he has.
Maybe TM can shed some light on it as he's one of his best pals. BTW the same guys were saying TM was as good as Bunting as kids.

Madsocks
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by Rout »

ifm wrote:
ChrisW wrote:

Or one person.
We have a winner.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

FFS Mark. Surely you can't believe that this comparison bears any relevance to the discussion on Bunting's poor form over the past couple of years. :omg:

ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ssjsa wrote:

FFS Mark. Surely you can't believe that this comparison bears any relevance to the discussion on Bunting's poor form over the past couple of years. :omg:
He is pointing out that a comment made on a player years ago is not relevant today, it's quite simple.

Madsocks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

He is pointing out that a comment made on a player years ago is not relevant today, it's quite simple.
I would be pretty confident that Rout is more than capable of answering for himself. ;-)

ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

I would be pretty confident that Rout is more than capable of answering for himself. ;-)
He has multiple times yet you still insist on jumping in with the idiots.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Madsocks
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Bunting is far to good a player to not reverse his slump. Have said this on the forum before, and will say again. He has never been the same player since he changed his darts for the first time a couple of years back. Despite changing back to what looks like his original set up, he has never rediscovered the form he had before the change.

The weird thing is the length of the slump, i remember talking to a few lads that played youth with him and he was apparently ridiculously good then and has consistently been so for years, you see cyclical form like Hamilton and you see steady declines but it's rare you see someone fall off a cliff like he has.
Maybe TM can shed some light on it as he's one of his best pals. BTW the same guys were saying TM was as good as Bunting as kids.
The basement dwellers don't understand the concept of form.

I remember when Garry was ridiculing Les Wallace's return to darts in the PDC Comparing his lakeside win in his pomp with a desperate comeback attempt 15 years later
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.