Stephen Bunting

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Arras
The Ton Club

Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by Arras »

For anyone doubting Stephens ability or potential to succeed within the PDC, take note, this young fella will make just as quick impact upon the PDC as Simon Whitlock when he moved over. He has the desire and the will to succeed, along with the support from within a strong family unit to make the grade. He never took the decision to move lightly, He knew the time was right, and he knew he is ready for the challenge ahead. The standard is ridiculously high on the "Tour" and maybe even getting higher if that's possible, for anyone to be at the business end of any event is an achievement in itself. Stephen will do fine, and I for one wish the lad all the best.
cqfisher
Feather Flights

Post by cqfisher »

When you can dominate the BDO.......................................you dominate fek all.[/ :)
sorry Paddy I could not help it
I think all the previous posts are pretty fair
the only thing I can add is a saying from one of my chubby mates,"Fat people rock! .........and roll"
Good luck Bullet
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Arras wrote:For anyone doubting Stephens ability or potential to succeed within the PDC, take note, this young fella will make just as quick impact upon the PDC as Simon Whitlock when he moved over. He has the desire and the will to succeed, along with the support from within a strong family unit to make the grade. He never took the decision to move lightly, He knew the time was right, and he knew he is ready for the challenge ahead. The standard is ridiculously high on the "Tour" and maybe even getting higher if that's possible, for anyone to be at the business end of any event is an achievement in itself. Stephen will do fine, and I for one wish the lad all the best.
Well said Jim. The standard is getting higher. I have been following Jason Hogg as much as I can and he seems to be a really good player and one of the one that will benifit from playing the best players week in week out. I hope he plays more of the tour this year as well.

I genuinely believe that Bunting can make a tv final this year, given a little bit of luck with the draw.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

The only people who should be surprised are those who dont understand that the standard of top players is the same in both codes..

As the best BDO player he was always going to do well in the PDC and this win will be the first of several he will get this year.
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

I really hope Stephen, who used to be a regular poster on the old forum BTW, will do well, but judging by his averages, he's a steady 96/97-er which indeed makes him destroy most BDO players who are struggling to reach the 90 mark. Yet on the Pro Tour he will meet a lot of 95-105 ave players so I'm looking forward to see him perform well against this category as well.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Astonvilla wrote:The only people who should be surprised are those who dont understand that the standard of top players is the same in both codes..
you should not drink that early in the morning.
please list more than 5 remaining bdo players that could be at least in the top32 of the PDC. good luck.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Rudy wrote:I really hope Stephen, who used to be a regular poster on the old forum BTW, will do well, but judging by his averages, he's a steady 96/97-er which indeed makes him destroy most BDO players who are struggling to reach the 90 mark. Yet on the Pro Tour he will meet a lot of 95-105 ave players so I'm looking forward to see him perform well against this category as well.
You have a short memory Rudy, the averages for the majority of players that switched suddenly improve, it happened to Wade and Whitlock, some call it the pixie dust syndrome, I'm more inclined to believe it's down to better conditions and Unicorn board technology.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

This is what Uncle Bazza thinks about Stephen.

Barry Hearn has applauded Stephen Bunting's bravery as he prepares to make his debut on the PDC circuit.

The 28-year-old decided to leave the BDO just weeks after winning the Lakeside World Championship and will play in his first competition for the rival organisation in a UK Open qualifier in Wigan this weekend.

BDO champions are offered PDC Tour cards each year and whilst the likes of Scott Waites and Martin Adams have opted against a switch, Bunting could not resist the lure of competing against players of the calibre of Michael van Gerwen and Phil Taylor.

The likes of Mark Webster and Ted Hankey have struggled to make an impact after moving codes, but PDC Chairman Hearn says "The Bullet" deserves respect for joining his organisation.

"I, for one, along with a lot of darts fans can't wait for this weekend's UK Open qualifiers to see what he's like because it's like jumping in with a bath full of piranhas."
Barry Hearn
"Most players with ambition want to play the very best for the most money and test themselves," he told skysports.com.

"A lot of players don't pick that up. Sometimes you'd prefer to be a big fish in a small pond and I can understand that if you don't have enough confidence in yourself and maybe you don't have enough time or whatever.

"I think Stephen Bunting has been brave and I knew he would be because he's that type of kid. He's also an exceptionally good darts player.

"I, for one, along with a lot of darts fans can't wait for this weekend's UK Open qualifiers to see what he's like because it's like jumping in with a bath full of piranhas. They can all play and kids you've never heard of are likely to have a 10 or 11-dart leg on you.

"He's going to find it very interesting and nobody really knows what's going to happen, which is the essence of all great sport."

Target

Hearn says Bunting's first target should be to qualify for the World Matchplay in Blackpool next July.

But he warned it could take time for him to adapt before he starts challenging for major honours.

"He's got about 21 events before the cut-off for the World Matchplay," Hearn added.

"He probably needs to win £25,000 in those 21 events. It sounds easy, but it's not because there's 128 players all trying to do the same thing.

"We'll see. I like his demeanour. I've watched a lot of him playing on the amateur circuit and I think he's elevated himself to Premier League darts - not the event but the concept - at exactly the right time for his career.

"I think over the next six months he's going to have a few questions to answer about himself and I think he's going to have the answers."
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

"I've watched him playing on the amateur circuit"

Lol, good old Barry.
Do I know any jokes about Sodium Hypobromite?

NaBrO
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Col wrote:The likes of Mark Webster and Ted Hankey have struggled to make an impact after moving codes
Re the above from Sky, eh, what? Mark Webster has reached two world semi finals including one third place finish. Semi final of the UK Open, final of the Players Championship, and World Cup runner-up. He has also reached a couple of quarter finals and played in the Premier League, making over 300k since his switch. I'd hardly call that a 'struggle' like Hankey ffs.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Speaking of Hankey: in three days competition in the PDC, Stephen Bunting has won £1,950 more than Hankey managed in PDC ranking events in two years :D

Make that £2,950 more with the guaranteed grand he will now get from Minehead.
Big Jock Knew
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

Murphio wrote:
Col wrote:The likes of Mark Webster and Ted Hankey have struggled to make an impact after moving codes
Re the above from Sky, eh, what? Mark Webster has reached two world semi finals including one third place finish. Semi final of the UK Open, final of the Players Championship, and World Cup runner-up. He has also reached a couple of quarter finals and played in the Premier League, making over 300k since his switch. I'd hardly call that a 'struggle' like Hankey ffs.

hardly surprising it was threadkiller that would make such a stupid statement and lob webster in the same category as Hankey.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Justin Credible wrote:
Murphio wrote:

hardly surprising it was threadkiller that would make such a stupid statement and lob webster in the same category as Hankey.
Oh dear JC, oh deary deary dear. :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

JC confusing his hero with me there. Turned my Monday in to a Funday at last.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

I saw murphios quote and that part you posted only
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

keep replying with all the smillies, your false prohection of humor etc.

You made a retarded statement and now trying to deflect.....carry on,

^^^^^^^^^^ Oh deary deary deary me JC

you really are a silly boy.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

You got to get up early in the morning to catch me out boyo.
ndev2k
The Ton Club

Post by ndev2k »

JC - Col has pasted a report from Sky Sports there.

He has not written it himself so the comparison of Webby to Hankey was done by a Sky Sports reporter.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ndev2k wrote:JC - Col has pasted a report from Sky Sports there.

He has not written it himself so the comparison of Webby to Hankey was done by a Sky Sports reporter.
He realised that eventually.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

ndev2k wrote:JC - Col has pasted a report from Sky Sports there.

I know that now, I only saw the quote in murphios post.

It was not in inverted commas so not sure uncle baz actually said that part, and even if he did then it was still a stupid statement.
Unlike most on here i will not post with blinkers on and if the pdc are wrong i will call it as well , I dont let bias or love for a code interfere with my opinion