Col wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Ginge wrote:After the PL finished:

2011 UK Open - semi finals
2011 Matchplay - quarters
2011 Euros - Last 32
2011 WGP - quarters

So it didnt set in straight away.
He also reached the final of the (December) PC Finals and ranked 13th in Pro Tour money for the part of the season that followed the PL. It was arguably his overall best year in the PDC, his earnings in the others were propped up by his Worlds semis.

From the man himself.

“It’s been a bit of a struggle over the last couple of years but I’m working hard and it feels as though my form is coming back" Dec 2013.
"Couple of years" = 2012 and 2013, huh?
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
Col wrote:
Zeyes wrote:
Ginge wrote:After the PL finished:

2011 UK Open - semi finals
2011 Matchplay - quarters
2011 Euros - Last 32
2011 WGP - quarters

So it didnt set in straight away.
He also reached the final of the (December) PC Finals and ranked 13th in Pro Tour money for the part of the season that followed the PL. It was arguably his overall best year in the PDC, his earnings in the others were propped up by his Worlds semis.

From the man himself.

“It’s been a bit of a struggle over the last couple of years but I’m working hard and it feels as though my form is coming back" Dec 2013.
"Couple of years" = 2012 and 2013, huh?
Oops, that quote was from 2012. Please accept my most humble apologies. We all make mistakes sometimes ;) ;)
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

He also said the following in 2011.

"There is no doubt that the latter part of the PL experience dented my confidence and made me question my ability to perform at the highest level"

Eat them apples!
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

oh dear
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

He'd hardly be the first sportsperson to remember his failures a lot more than his successes. Webster's faulty recollection doesn't mean his excellent 2011 season didn't happen.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Zeyes wrote:He'd hardly be the first sportsperson to remember his failures a lot more than his successes. Webster's faulty recollection doesn't mean his excellent 2011 season didn't happen.
Neither does it make me the idiot you and ginge are failing to make me out to be.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Col wrote:
Zeyes wrote:He'd hardly be the first sportsperson to remember his failures a lot more than his successes. Webster's faulty recollection doesn't mean his excellent 2011 season didn't happen.
Neither does it make me the idiot you and ginge are failing to make me out to be.

you are doing a good enough job of making yourself out to be an idiot :DDD:
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Irony 5 billion
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

iz dat roight ?
Adie
County Player

Post by Adie »

To get back to the original point Stephen is the real deal. More than comfortable in the pdc. Top 16 material without a doubt.
Not as mustard as Chissy
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Adie wrote:To get back to the original point Stephen is the real deal. More than comfortable in the pdc. Top 16 material without a doubt.
Definitely
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Mack
The Ton Club

Post by Mack »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Mack wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
Lets not get too excited and see how things pan out in a proper seeded draw .....
Quite the highest ranked player he beat was 19. Now don't get me wrong I expect him to be in the top 16 after 2 years, perhaps top 10 but top 10 in a year. Confidence is sky high now a couple of weekends where he losses first round and that take a hit. Might not happen but its too early to tell either way. Come June we will really know how well he is doing.
Sorry I didn't realise that any PDC player ranked downwards of 19 was substandard, is it only the top 10 that are any good?
Well ask Marion Bartoli about that, people say her Wimbledon doesn't really count as he didn't beat a top 10 player. But the point I was making is that the most in form players are ranked higher and he didn't play them, if he had he may still have won, but he may have lost. Who knows, I look forward to finding out this year as I hope every year to find out about all darts players sadly as we have a divided sport we don't know and that saddens me.
Mack The Knife
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

It's a fact that when a player puts on a PDC poloshirt he becomes on average 15 percentage points better in real terms. Bunting is now 15% better than he was last month, it's a huge rise in terms of quality and he's now in real danger of going from jobber to super jobber and getting results against the top 32 of the PDC. If I was Bunting i'd say feck it and wear two PDC polo shirts one ontop other, yes he's a big guy and it wouldn't be flattering but think how much he'd improve. The question is would the second Polo shirt, produce a 15% increase in overall ability or only a 15% increase on the PDC shirt underneath.
Mack
The Ton Club

Post by Mack »

Bigwilma wrote:It's a fact that when a player puts on a PDC poloshirt he becomes on average 15 percentage points better in real terms. Bunting is now 15% better than he was last month, it's a huge rise in terms of quality and he's now in real danger of going from jobber to super jobber and getting results against the top 32 of the PDC. If I was Bunting i'd say feck it and wear two PDC polo shirts one ontop other, yes he's a big guy and it wouldn't be flattering but think how much he'd improve. The question is would the second Polo shirt, produce a 15% increase in overall ability or only a 15% increase on the PDC shirt underneath.
I have a PDC shirt and played like garbage when I wore it in a league match. Actually that was 15% better garbage that I normally threw!

PS re Webster while I don't think it is far to lump him with Hankey but he has been up and down since his switch. He struggled the first year, scrapped in to the Worlds, even his 3rd place there only just got him into the top 32 if I remember right. And the last two years have hardly been great. So striuggled yes but only some of the time.
Mack The Knife
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Col wrote:
Ginge wrote:Well why didnt it take effect straight away then, if his confidence was shot to pieces?
Webster has admitted himself that the PL had an effect on his confidence. What more proof do I need?

I know you are glad to have JC back, but please dont let the woods disrupt your view of the trees.

There is no way Webster's form was affected by the PL..in the months after the PL his form was probably his most consistent he had in the PDC...if the PL affected him then he must have been suffering from delayed shock...very delayed shock.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Bigwilma wrote:It's a fact that when a player puts on a PDC poloshirt he becomes on average 15 percentage points better in real terms. Bunting is now 15% better than he was last month, it's a huge rise in terms of quality and he's now in real danger of going from jobber to super jobber and getting results against the top 32 of the PDC. If I was Bunting i'd say feck it and wear two PDC polo shirts one ontop other, yes he's a big guy and it wouldn't be flattering but think how much he'd improve. The question is would the second Polo shirt, produce a 15% increase in overall ability or only a 15% increase on the PDC shirt underneath.
Why spout such utter rubbish? You use insults and anecdotes from JC - who is a clear wind-up merchant - to paint a picture which doesn't reflect the feelings of the vast majority of people who post on here. Name me one other person who referred to Bunting as a 'jobber'.? Name one who doubted his ability to succeed in the PDC? All you are doing is constructing pointless, strawdog arguments to knock down. Bunting is the same player he was last month. He will though improve - and not through bigger doubles and trebles. He will improve because he has to. Because the overall standard in the PDC is better and will push his ability to new realms. Honest to god some of you guys honestly want to think before you hit the send button. Embarrassing.
Mack
The Ton Club

Post by Mack »

Murphio wrote:
Why spout such utter rubbish? You use insults and anecdotes from JC - who is a clear wind-up merchant - to paint a picture which doesn't reflect the feelings of the vast majority of people who post on here. Name me one other person who referred to Bunting as a 'jobber'.? Name one who doubted his ability to succeed in the PDC? All you are doing is constructing pointless, strawdog arguments to knock down. Bunting is the same player he was last month. He will though improve - and not through bigger doubles and trebles. He will improve because he has to. Because the overall standard in the PDC is better and will push his ability to new realms. Honest to god some of you guys honestly want to think before you hit the send button. Embarrassing.
Do you mean straw man, if not I dread to think what people will be posting on that infamous scene!
Mack The Knife
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Mack wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Do you mean straw man, if not I dread to think what people will be posting on that infamous scene!
:DDD: Yes.
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

I'll post what I like if it's all the same to you Murph and for the most part I will try to have a bit of fun while i'm at it. You know you can just hit the blocky balboa button m8 it might save you from some stress.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Bigwilma wrote:I'll post what I like if it's all the same to you Murph and for the most part I will try to have a bit of fun while i'm at it. You know you can just hit the blocky balboa button m8 it might save you from some stress.
You post what you like mate and if I think it's pish I'll continue ripping you for it. ;)