Premier League Week 12 - Discussion

Post by Ginge »

Manchester this week

Robert Thornton v Peter Wright
Gary Anderson v Phil Taylor
Raymond van Barneveld v Adrian Lewis
Michael van Gerwen v Dave Chisnall
Gary Anderson v Robert Thornton

There have been no draws since Week 9...
Big Jock Knew
Chizzyfan
County Player

Re: Premier League Week 12 Discourse

Post by Chizzyfan »

I do fancy Chizzy to defeat MVG tonight, Grand Prix style.
Chizzyesque
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

phil davies wrote:Wonder what odds I could get on this

Robert Thornton 3-7 Peter Wright 6/1
Gary Anderson 3-7 Phil Taylor 9/2
Raymond van Barneveld 7-3 Adrian Lewis 9/1
Michael van Gerwen 7-3 Dave Chisnall 5/1
Gary Anderson 7-3 Robert Thornton 7/1
£1 on an accumulator would return £18,480

A 20p Lucky 31 (a £6.20 bet) covering all single/double/treble/fourfold bets as well would return a maximum £7,270
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

A work colleague has just bumped into Adrian Lewis at lunchtime....he came back quite excited :D
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

PHIL TAYLOR is aiming to continue his charge in the Betway Premier League Darts when he takes on Gary Anderson in Manchester on Thursday, as the battle for Play-Off places continues at the Phones 4u Arena.

Six-time Premier League Darts champion Taylor had suffered his worst-ever start to a season when he lost four of his opening five games during February and early March.

However, he is now unbeaten since Week Five in Exeter, having won five and drawn one of his last six games, and has ominously moved into the top four, a point ahead of Thursday's opponent Anderson.

Taylor picked up a European Tour victory on Easter Monday when he defeated Michael van Gerwen in the German Masters final - seeing off the World Champion for the second time in a week after also claiming a Premier League win in Aberdeen - and is keen to push on now to claim a Play-Off place.

"I'm fighting for my career, to see if I can get back to world number one and World Champion one more time, but my main objective is to get to the Premier League Play-Offs," said Taylor.

"I've got to improve on Thursday against Gary. He's been playing superbly and last Thursday against Adrian he was brilliant.

"In my opinion, Gary is one of the best players I've ever played against so this is a massive game for me. I want to get to the Play-Offs and he's in my way, so I'm focusing on him and only him.

"I'm a big fan of his and when he hits his doubles he's virtually unbeatable, and I know how to play him and what I've got to do - play out of my skin and average 110 to put him off!"

Anderson, the 2011 Premier League Darts champion, has also shown a return to his best form this year with four PDC ProTour victories, and has won three of his last four games to keep pace with the top four.

The Scot will follow his meeting with Taylor with a clash against fellow countryman Robert Thornton later in the evening, and could jump above Taylor - or Peter Wright - in the table with a pair of victories.

"People said I was finished but I'm trying to prove them wrong," he said. "I had a struggle for two years, but since the World Championship I've been trying to get back to the top.

"It's not quite 100 percent but it's getting there. The top four is still open and anyone could qualify - and if I win both matches I'll be in there this week.

"To get one win out of two would be good and it would be great to win both, which is what I'll be trying to do - but I know how tough it's going to be because I'm up against two fantastic players."

Former UK Open champion Thornton currently sits seven points adrift of the top four after losing his last three matches, and admits that his double-header against Wright and Anderson will make or break his season.

"It's massive night for me, not only in the context of the Premier League but also to show I'm the number one in Scotland!" said Thornton.

"Some of the results probably haven't reflected my performances this season and hopefully it will come together on one night in Manchester. I think I'll have to win both games to keep any chance of reaching the Play-Offs alive, and that's what I'm aiming to do."

Reigning champion van Gerwen is bidding to protect his lead at the top of the table when he faces Dave Chisnall in Manchester, having lost to Taylor in Aberdeen before overcoming Adrian Lewis in his second match.

"It felt like an off week for me in Aberdeen but I still got two points and I'm still top of the league and I'm doing really well," said van Gerwen.

"I've probably already secured the Play-Offs, which is most important, and I'm hitting my doubles well. I've got more than 40 percent on my finishes during the tournament and I'm scoring well too, so I want to keep that up against Dave."

Chisnall’s finishing has also improved in recent weeks as he picked up two draws and two wins from his last four games.

"Last week's win against Peter Wright keeps me in the running and I want to keep winning now," he said. "My finishing was good and I made sure last week that I took my time and stayed calm on my doubles, because sometimes I rush.
"I like playing Michael and it doesn't matter if he's World Champion or world number one. I beat Phil Taylor when he was both, and I think I can beat Michael too."

The night also sees two former World Champions collide as Adrian Lewis - who has lost three successive games - facing high-flying Raymond van Barneveld, who is a point behind van Gerwen after extending his unbeaten run to ten matches.

"I was struggling with five draws in a row but now I've got six points from three games so I'm really pleased," said van Barneveld. "I can't remember having a run like this in the Premier League, but every week's different and it's a new chance to get three points.

"I've put in so much practice and effort in this year, and I've got my self-belief back. I'm more happy than I've been for the last couple of years and looking on the bright side.

"If I can put everyone under pressure every single week, I believe I can go all the way."

The Betway Premier League Darts is live on Sky Sports 1HD from 7pm on Thursday. Tickets are still available from the Phones 4u Arena by calling 0844 847 8000 or online at www.eventim.co.uk.

Betway Premier League Darts
Week 12
April 24, Phones 4u Arena, Manchester
Rudy
County Player

Re: Premier League Week 12 - Discussion

Post by Rudy »

Wright's on the decline I'm afraid and Thornton is deperately in need of points. Gary and Phil will draw, both on fine form and heavy scorers. Not too much between these 2.
Ray and Adie will draw too i think. Mikey will proceed in winning style again after his loss to Phil last week and Gary will prove too strong for fellow Scot Robbert T.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Why has my thread title been edited? Is the word "discourse" too difficult for some people to understand on here?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

What was the result of the Wright Thornton game?
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

I needed Wright to lose that one. I feel like a cat with not claws after that.
Chizzyesque
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

Had everything this game so far, a bust 169 from Gary, Phil checking out 139 but wanted 129, and played in great humour between the two guys.

Liking the markers' shirts too by the way!!
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

First result I've got correct I think. Had that one at 6-6.
david cox
Superleague Player

Post by david cox »

Good point for Gaz,2 vs Thornton and he's almost there.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Barney was brilliant in that game.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

phil davies wrote:Anyone got the averages for the matches so far?
@Sportradar_Live: (R): Premier League Darts, League, Robert Thornton (98.16) 5 (12) 7 (97.71) Peter Wright #PremierLeagueDarts

@Sportradar_Live: (R): Premier League Darts, League, Gary Anderson (98.01) 6 (12) 6 (105.65) Phil Taylor #PremierLeagueDarts

@Sportradar_Live: (R): Premier League Darts, League, Raymond van Barneveld (104.19) 7 (12) 3 (89.49) Adrian Lewis #PremierLeagueDarts
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

if barney could get any further up his own arse he would dissapear , he talks about himself like he is someone else ..... :roll: :crybaby2:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

checkmate wrote:if barney could get any further up his own arse he would dissapear , he talks about himself like he is someone else ..... :roll: :crybaby2:
it's called a Colin lloydism
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

Heartbreaking loss for Chizzy, he could have won that.
Chizzyesque
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

Hendofan wrote:Heartbreaking loss for Chizzy, he could have won that.
been the same near every week , he will be better for it next year ;)
gers222
Steady Sixties

Post by gers222 »

how much will gary win by
gers222
Steady Sixties

Post by gers222 »

or better still what did they agree on.....I say 6-4