Welsh open 2014

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

Re: Welsh open 2014

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
Col wrote: You post on there, why dont you tell me ;) ;)
Eh?
Col wrote: The guys sitting in the london studios doing the ski jumping, cycling comms etc etc etc always sound fine. Actually with the exception of the irish guy on the cycling comms I cant understand a word he says.
Indeed. The Irish guy on the cycling is Sean Kelly and is the reason I cant watch their coverage.

There is not a cat hells in chance you dont have a fb account that accesses BDO fanatics. I will eat my hat your spunk dance round swansea naked and never post on here again if you dont.

There is far too much juicy gossip getting discussed on there for you not to be interested.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hand on my heart, I am not a member of it, far too precious for their own good.
Big Jock Knew
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Ginge wrote:Hand on my heart, I am not a member of it, far too precious for their own good.
Like Bradders, im not a member either, I do have another account, but even that 1 I didn't sign up to that page, for the very reason, that your man steve is a coq.

Fatz was posting there, then blocked anyone that disagreed with him, so half the conversation you couldn't read. Then when folk replied honestly, your man steve would go mad with the ban button.

They are welcome to it.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

O C wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:I had 4 darts to beat Steve Alker at a comp in Weston super Mare last year, in the second or third round.
I missed, he didn't and he went on to do well that day.

Lovely guy, who was very gracious about his win.

He was telling me he had suffered from dartitis, and had got his throw back by throwing just a stem with a flight on the end. Once he was used to throwing again he bought the lightest set of darts he could find (10g Red Dragon) and he was able to start playing competitively again.
I didn't see his game tonight, so don't know if he is still using them?
Could be, I was wondering what we was using myself, looked like they might have been these:
http://www.reddragondarts.com/det/9101/ ... 1-10-gram/
I do know that Andy buys heavier darts and has them machined down to his liking, so if he had given Steve some they wouldn't be those.
Maybe Andy will reveal if he still frequents here, i'll tell him JC has been banned :)
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Just a question Paul (and others I guess) re the Welsh open having BDO points (i am taking it that it is: apologies if I am wrong, once again re these matters);

Am I right in saying that the Welsh Open is NOT in the wdf ranking table? is there not a rule that clearly states, and even has the word ALL capitalised, that for events to be awarded BDO points they must also be in the wdf ranking system?

"BDO WOMEN’S INVITATION TABLES SYSTEM & STRUCTURE
To be included in this table ALL events should also be recognised and listed in the WDF Ranking System"
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Just a question Paul (and others I guess) re the Welsh open having BDO points (i am taking it that it is: apologies if I am wrong, once again re these matters);

Am I right in saying that the Welsh Open is NOT in the wdf ranking table? is there not a rule that clearly states, and even has the word ALL capitalised, that for events to be awarded BDO points they must also be in the wdf ranking system?

To be included in this table ALL events should also be recognised and listed in the WDF Ranking System"
Where have you taken that quote from?

There is no requirement for any event to have either BDO and/or WDF points.

If you want BDO points, apply to the BDO for permission
If you want WDF points, apply to the WDF and pay the $1 levy per entered player.

Many events in the Invitational table dont have WDF points. IoM for starters.
Big Jock Knew
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Col wrote:The guy responsible for filming is called Adrian Battersby I think. Might be wrong though. Hes on the BDO fanatics page. .
Is he a bit precious, then?
He's an ok bloke Bradders, sent eurosport bosses a you tube clip of Sunday night , with how good the atmosphere was at venue, and what they lost by having off site comms.
Walk Ons took some criticism with lack of security etc , but in fairness in between matches the players were sitting in the crowd , no VIP areas at Prestatyn .
Someone complained about babies in the crowd on FB ! But difference is you don't get pissed up punters throwing beer about , sure you get people pissed up but no trouble like the Scottish open and much to Ginge's annoyance no druggie chalets ;)

Can only say that Eurosport seem very keen on BDO/WDF darts ...........at the moment.
the walk on's were a shambles the crowd were rowdy as can easily be seen by the face on monty when he was not winning and if you take your blinkers off , babies should not be in a room with over a thousand blootered punters at 11 o clock at night ,if you even saw one baby in the pdc crowd previous to this there would have been plenty said , and just because no one was caught selling drugs does not mean they were not there ;)
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Three of my mates were there and there were at least three punch ups between the punters on site.

Its amazing the length people will go to try and score points on a darts forum.

Give working class chavs bevvie and trouble will follow, its the golden rule.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Checkmate behave Pontins is a FAMILY holiday park , last time I checked families include babies, mate Kev Jones was sat next to us with his grandson , no way Kev or anybody else there would put a baby at risk, there was no throwing of beer, coins etc ! Would you van babies from weddings or christenings where majority of adults are drunk??
A lot of our camps are holiday park based , I can see no problem having kids there at all , if anything they reduce the risk of trouble, think you have been to too many PL nights and i would add Scottish opens ( which if a parent took a baby to Normandie hotel I would call that irresponsible)
As for drugs they are everywhere in modern life , 80% of pubs in Westminster were swab tested and positive for cocaine!! I would imagine that even applies to lakeside and Ally pally ( hasten to add not players toilets)
Last edited by WCDPA on Tue May 20, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

There was fighting at the welsh open. Thats a fact.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

It does feel a little unfair to criticise this seeing that not too long ago it was reckoned zero BDO/WDO events where going to be on our screens.

The walk ons where unbelievably a mess though. But I think Paul has said, lessons will be learnt from this. Was it wrong of me to, literally, laugh out loud when the wolifie fans got too close to Adams' ear?

Btw did anyone see the 'there's only 1 steve bunting sign' make a couple of appearances during the walk ons? The security guy nearly ripped the guys arm off at one stage!

The sound issue has been highlighted by others. But the atmosphere was ruined/flat. Btw you could hear the constant chatter of the crowd.

Some one mentioned more folks where there than usual. because the TV cameras where there?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paul, I've been to Butlins, Pontins etc as a teenage child, and most babies have vanished by early evening. If you have a kid there are various social consequences, one of which is going back to the room with them early unless you get a sitter.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:Paul, I've been to Butlins, Pontins etc as a teenage child, and most babies have vanished by early evening. If you have a kid there are various social consequences, one of which is going back to the room with them early unless you get a sitter.
Bradders you were taken back to chalet early to spare the general public.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paul misreading my post there. Or ignoring it at best.
Big Jock Knew
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

WCDPA wrote:Checkmate behave Pontins is a FAMILY holiday park , last time I checked families include babies,
I didn't realize that attending the Welsh Open was mandatory...
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:Just a question Paul (and others I guess) re the Welsh open having BDO points (i am taking it that it is: apologies if I am wrong, once again re these matters);

Where have you taken that quote from?

There is no requirement for any event to have either BDO and/or WDF points.

If you want BDO points, apply to the BDO for permission
If you want WDF points, apply to the WDF and pay the $1 levy per entered player.

Many events in the Invitational table dont have WDF points. IoM for starters.
Nearly right Bradders except for WDF levy is $2 and has been at least a couple of years now.
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

WCDPA wrote:Checkmate behave Pontins is a FAMILY holiday park , last time I checked families include babies, mate Kev Jones was sat next to us with his grandson , no way Kev or anybody else there would put a baby at risk, there was no throwing of beer, coins etc ! Would you van babies from weddings or christenings where majority of adults are drunk??
A lot of our camps are holiday park based , I can see no problem having kids there at all , if anything they reduce the risk of trouble, think you have been to too many PL nights and i would add Scottish opens ( which if a parent took a baby to Normandie hotel I would call that irresponsible)
As for drugs they are everywhere in modern life , 80% of pubs in Westminster were swab tested and positive for cocaine!! I would imagine that even applies to lakeside and Ally pally ( hasten to add not players toilets)
I have not been to the scottish open for 4 yrs as it is a shambles but there would be no babies allowed in to that as we may have different drink rules up here , pontins is a family holiday park that was full of darts players not really loads of families on holiday now paul , and babies should not be in that type of atmosphere at that time of night holiday park or no but that is really down to parenting I suppose ,the drugs I could not care about it goes on everywhere , it was only that you tried to make out it never went on at wales , all that aside the darts were not the greatest and the coverage the same , but I'm sure it will be better next time
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:Paul misreading my post there. Or ignoring it at best.
I've been recently in past 5 years:

Butlin's
Pontins:
Prestatyn
Southport
Brean
Mill rythe
Bunn leisure

All have kids clubs etc , all have kids disco's etc , all advise parents that kids should not be on dance floor after a certain time, any decent parent would take child out of area if slightest sign of trouble or the child upset .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:Paul misreading my post there. Or ignoring it at best.
I've been recently in past 5 years:

Butlin's
Pontins:
Prestatyn
Southport
Brean
Mill rythe
Bunn leisure

All have kids clubs etc , all have kids disco's etc , all advise parents that kids should not be on dance floor after a certain time, any decent parent would take child out of area if slightest sign of trouble or the child upset .
Nobody is talking about children. We are talking about babies. If you seriously think that a darts event is a suitable place for a baby, you need your head examining.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

checkmate wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Checkmate behave Pontins is a FAMILY holiday park , last time I checked families include babies, mate Kev Jones was sat next to us with his grandson , no way Kev or anybody else there would put a baby at risk, there was no throwing of beer, coins etc ! Would you van babies from weddings or christenings where majority of adults are drunk??
I have not been to the scottish open for 4 yrs as it is a shambles but there would be no babies allowed in to that as we may have different drink rules up here , pontins is a family holiday park that was full of darts players not really loads of families on holiday now paul , and babies should not be in that type of atmosphere at that time of night holiday park or no but that is really down to parenting
I suppose ,the drugs I could not care about it goes on everywhere , it was only that you tried to make out it never went on at wales , all that aside the darts were not the greatest and the coverage the same , but I'm sure it will be better next time
Sorry mate a good section of the crowd is family orientated, for the welsh inter counties event Saturday is a family exodus to Prestatyn , lot of youngsters on site and almost all from darting fraternity. I didn't really drink there this year , was loud and raucous but reasonably well behaved, according to security guy ! The normal pushing and shoving at 2am but nothing to write home about .
Dicie didn't even see the women have set too this year, no doubt Col will know of at least 2 fights from his sources ;)