BDO Full Council Meeting

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

BDO Full Council Meeting

Post by Booji Boy »

Happened yesterday and left a lot of people confused. More will be revealed in due course no doubt.

Also I assume the minutes will be made public?
Booji Boy
International

Re: BDO Full Council Meeting

Post by Booji Boy »

Apparently some issues over the sale of property and the account the money is held in?

Serious stuff this BDO shit.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Super series may have been moved as a result of sponsor issues.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Moved where? So they had a sponsor??

Did it ever exist for it to be moved?

If they cant get that going 6 months in the making what hope does anything else have..........
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

I know nothing. Just posting stuff I have read on FB.

Expect a lengthy report from Howard Miller on Face book some time soon. Might not be too balanced a report though ;) ;) Sorry H.
dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 »

from tommy coxs twitter Tommy Cox ‏@TommyCox_PDC 21m

Just reading that the BDO have signed over all event rights to a team called BDO events. I truly cannot believe they have done this contd..
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

dartsfan11 wrote:from tommy coxs twitter Tommy Cox ‏@TommyCox_PDC 21m

Just reading that the BDO have signed over all event rights to a team called BDO events. I truly cannot believe they have done this contd..
Tommy a wee bit behind the times there.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Mr Cox seems to think it is a bad deal for the BDO. though I thought he doesn't care about them?

I guess he sees it as too big a gamble or the BDO.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

devosteve wrote:

Mr Cox seems to think it is a bad deal for the BDO. though I thought he doesn't care about them?

He sees it as an opportunity to have a dig at the BDO. Tommy doesnt like to pass on those on opps.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Col wrote:I know nothing. Just posting stuff I have read on FB.

Expect a lengthy report from Howard Miller on Face book some time soon. Might not be too balanced a report though ;) ;) Sorry H.
Appreciate this Col. Posting on the Forum that the hierarchy of both the PDC and the BDO read.

What's the general vibe you are picking up from folks on fb? Good, bad or indifferent?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

devosteve wrote:

Appreciate this Col. Posting on the Forum that the hierarchy of both the PDC and the BDO read.

What's the general vibe you are picking up from folks on fb? Good, bad or indifferent?
Vibe seems to be a bit positive but annoyance at secrecy and lack of divulgence of information.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Col wrote:
devosteve wrote:

He sees it as an opportunity to have a dig at the BDO. Tommy doesnt like to pass on those on opps.
But it's supposed to be a good deal for the BDO. I do wonder if everything is beginning to unravel or the BDO and we could see a rapid decline rather than a slow decline (or slow development of course). For example if BDOE suddenly 'went away' the BDO could be left with nothing in terms of development and credibility (with eurosport for example).
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

BDOE deal is a no brainer in my opinion and can only be a good thing, even if it goes tits up you have to try deals like that. The issues from what i can gather are with wayne and sue deciding to not tell everything to everyone.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Tommy Cox ‏@TommyCox_PDC 30m

The BDO turned down this very scenario, and a 7 figure sum, when Barry H came calling.This is crass stupidity as the BDO sinks ever further
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Col wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Vibe seems to be a bit positive but annoyance at secrecy and lack of divulgence of information.
People are confused, the Super Series is gone (yet again) as no sponsor, no new events announced by the sounds of it, yet everything is positive??

6 months of this new dawn and very little has seemingly changed.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

There seems to be a lot of bad feeling about a banking issue with people calling for people to resign. Come on H, spill the beans on here. ;) ;)
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Masterclass in fishing Col :)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

When the BDO moved from Muswell Hill they had some valuable property there. have they sold it? I thought I read they where renting it out?

Apart from the fabled BDO trucks (which I actually saw in Blackpool on the day after the WDT - being driven by Wayne and loaded by those 2 'walk on guys') does the BDO have many assets. has it a lot of dosh in the bank? maybe folks think thet have too much sitting in the bank (or not enough).
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

devosteve wrote:When the BDO moved from Muswell Hill they had some valuable property there. have they sold it? I thought I read they where renting it out?

Apart from the fabled BDO trucks (which I actually saw in Blackpool on the day after the WDT - being driven by Wayne and loaded by those 2 'walk on guys') does the BDO have many assets. has it a lot of dosh in the bank? maybe folks think thet have too much sitting in the bank (or not enough).

Dosh in the bank accumulating 0.5% when it could have been accumulating 4% apparently.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:When the BDO moved from Muswell Hill they had some valuable property there. have they sold it? I thought I read they where renting it out?

They sold Muswell Hill for a lowish 6 figure sum and since then a property developer has turned over £1m+ by converting it into three luxury apartments.

I started a thread in it. Think it was called "Fancy a piece of BDO history", do a search.
Big Jock Knew