Richie Burnett banned?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Richie Burnett banned?

Post by Paddy McGinty »

WCDPA wrote:Should test everybody who qualifies for BOTH world champs .
They don't though Paul, it's done on a completely random basis. ;)
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ifm wrote:
Col wrote:What if he has already tested positive and the hearing is to determine the level of punishment?
Then convicting people without having a hearing is probably illegal and certainly unconstitutional.
And nobody ever gets remanded in custody and has time served taken off. :?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Should test everybody who qualifies for BOTH world champs .
They don't though Paul, it's done on a completely random basis. ;)
Random lol, didnt sat nav get Chosen twice , and im sure Oshea ,Hedman have been tested more than once each hardly high risk darters.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

spaceman70 wrote:
ifm wrote:
Col wrote:What if he has already tested positive and the hearing is to determine the level of punishment?
Then convicting people without having a hearing is probably illegal and certainly unconstitutional.
Well you only remand suspects until a hearing to determine guilt, there is a clue in this sentence ;)
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ifm wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
ifm wrote:
Well you only remand suspects until a hearing to determine guilt, there is a clue in this sentence ;)
The clue is if the evidence points to guilt before the hearing then it's usually remand until the hearing. Prints on the gun.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Col wrote:The owners of the star run channel five.
And on comes the light bulb in my brain. I'd missed that completely. Will be fascinating to see how he goes there, and what it does for darts as a whole.
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

Having been tested twice the proceedure when you give a correct sample, ie not too clear so that they can analise it ( after having a beer or 3), the said sample is split into 2 containers A and B, A is sent for testing and B is stored to be retested IF you fail. That is why you are innocent till proven guilty, ie until the B sample is tested. I would willingly pay extra and have players tested EVERY event.
The police have just been cleared to use a swob test to check if people are driving under the influence of drugs, it takes only a few seconds to test, maybe this could be used?
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Grubby wrote:Having been tested twice the proceedure when you give a correct sample, ie not too clear so that they can analise it ( after having a beer or 3), the said sample is split into 2 containers A and B, A is sent for testing and B is stored to be retested IF you fail. That is why you are innocent till proven guilty, ie until the B sample is tested. I would willingly pay extra and have players tested EVERY event.
The police have just been cleared to use a swob test to check if people are driving under the influence of drugs, it takes only a few seconds to test, maybe this could be used?
Saw that mr Grubb i imagine it would be a fraction of the cost of the current tests, and would be more of a detterent than say 12 random tests per year.
For the worlds and TV events you could do more testing.
mrsheen
Pub Champion

Post by mrsheen »

ifm wrote:
Col wrote:
ifm wrote:
Col wrote:But leaving the pedantics to the side for now.

Ritchie wont be playing pdc darts for quite some time. But will be lining his pockets courtesy of channel five.
I saw that, do you really think he'll go there?
Are you really that stupid?

The owners of the star run channel five.
So i'm stupid for not knowing that little bit of obscure trivia and you don't understand the concept of not guilty until proven :DDD:
A) They don't own Channel 5 any more, but it was widely known when they did.

B) Innocent until proven guilty has never been part of English Law, only in the minds of those who don't understand basic English. *Presumed* innocent is part of Law. Was Peter Sutcliffe innocent until the verdict was given? No, he was guilty as he had committed the crimes, however, in the courtroom, there was a presumption of innocence. Nothing more and nothing less.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Bugger. I wish I had known viacom had bought channel 5 in may. I think Desmond still has a share in the company though :D

If your a and b samples were found to contain illegal drugs then you are guilty of having drugs in your urine. Its not rocket science.
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Leaving the class A alone for a second.

It's there a list of banned substances that the players aren't allowed to take? Just wandering do players know to stay away from certain perscription drugs?

I remember a british skiier get stripped of a medal cus he bought a vick nasal spray in Canada or Japan or wherever, over here the ingredients are fine but where he bought it - it contains a banned substance!
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

It's on the DRA/uk doping control website I believe
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
TerminalJunkie
Brass Darts

Post by TerminalJunkie »

Col wrote:Oh and channel five being owned by the publishers of the star is far far away from being obscure.
Except that it's not true: it was sold to Viacom in May.

http://about.channel5.com/corporate-inf ... /ownership
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Aye we found that out about 7 hours ago.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Col wrote:Aye we found that out about 7 hours ago.
LoL
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

Grubby wrote:Having been tested twice the proceedure when you give a correct sample, ie not too clear so that they can analise it ( after having a beer or 3), the said sample is split into 2 containers A and B, A is sent for testing and B is stored to be retested IF you fail. That is why you are innocent till proven guilty, ie until the B sample is tested. I would willingly pay extra and have players tested EVERY event.
100% with you there grubby. T V tournys every player sud be tested before they play. Ive been hauled in 3 times. And for someone who is so anti drugs its not nice. At 51 years old im proud to say i have never touched drugs not even a jamacian woodbine :D. Wud not take long to test 128 players on a weekend with this new swob test so bring it on
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

masticman wrote:
100% with you there grubby. T V tournys every player sud be tested before they play. Ive been hauled in 3 times. And for someone who is so anti drugs its not nice. At 51 years old im proud to say i have never touched drugs not even a jamacian woodbine :D. Wud not take long to test 128 players on a weekend with this new swob test so bring it on

Grubby is as anti drugs as you Steve.

PS - just saw a pm from you that I never answered.

We can sort something out - will reply this evening.
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

Lee Taylor wrote:
masticman wrote:

Grubby is as anti drugs as you Steve.

PS - just saw a pm from you that I never answered.

We can sort something out - will reply this evening.
Thx pal
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Stubby wrote:Leaving the class A alone for a second.

It's there a list of banned substances that the players aren't allowed to take? Just wandering do players know to stay away from certain perscription drugs?

I remember a british skiier get stripped of a medal cus he bought a vick nasal spray in Canada or Japan or wherever, over here the ingredients are fine but where he bought it - it contains a banned substance!

The Banned list on WADA is massive it would be easier to list whats allowed.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

There is no way they could afford to drug test 128 players in every event...there is no sport in the world that does that much testing..it would be impossible to do