breaks in lakeside

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

breaks in lakeside

Post by dartsfan22 »

Is it me or is it crazy that when they play on bbc coverage they have no break during game comes to bt and they do..... how can you have a different structure in the same thing your playing in.... for example a game can be 2-0 on bbc and will end 3-2 play with a break the person 2-0 up can go to a break and come back lose 3-2 EH
Gilly745
Brass Darts

Re: breaks in lakeside

Post by Gilly745 »

Not too much of an issue for me.

You could say the same about the PDC final. They take a break at 1-1 but carry on playing through at 6-6.
Twitter - @martingilligan1
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

I think its defo an issue, those playing in the BT matches have a clear advantage. Anyone care to guess what it is?
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

Add to that the Eurosport directors at Paris doesn't have a clue when there is a break or is there and they have agreed certain number of breaks for match so some times they need to have a break middle of the game and some times when there actually will be a break they don't need one!

Also they don't have any idea when the match actually starts and as they don't have any interviews / speculations before they just show the hall. Last night actually from behind of Little Richard when he was just standing and waiting there so I needed to commentate that... (could be worse, if it was still MF:s bum :D )

Bad thing also is to have reserved time till 9.30, but then run over. If there is a danger of that, ES doesn't even start the last game. Waites game wasn't on air last night because of this. Well I got the possibility to watch PDC final, but hope today and later this week they don't just leave match off because given time table is too tight.

Clearly BDO uses Eurosport (europe/nordic) for marketing purposes only. It's only feed they are given and other wise they don't give a shit what is presented outside home market at WORLD champs. Terrestrial TV is "nice", but it only covers 0,9% of the WORLD population.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Col wrote:I think its defo an issue, those playing in the BT matches have a clear advantage. Anyone care to guess what it is?
I doubt that it makes much of a difference for the following rounds whether you had a few minutes break or not.
So it's "playing in the evening" because it is less indecent to play drunk after 6.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Re-balancing your blood alcohol levels is the answer.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Tapsa, interesting view on commentating for Eurosport!

Just wondered, aren't the breaks in the first round just in the mens and after 2 sets only? Also, BT Sport are on air til 10pm - are Eurosport cutting-off early then?
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

i thought it was going to be avoiding the car crash tv interview with colin murray and bobby george
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

Col wrote:Re-balancing your blood alcohol levels is the answer.
well, mine is not too far from that
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

tapsa wrote:Bad thing also is to have reserved time till 9.30, but then run over. If there is a danger of that, ES doesn't even start the last game. Waites game wasn't on air last night because of this. Well I got the possibility to watch PDC final, but hope today and later this week they don't just leave match off because given time table is too tight.
Did the BDO actually tell Eurosport headquarters that 3 hours would be enough time for the evening sessions? That scheduling was never going to work out.
Krispy
County Player

Post by Krispy »

The Japanese player the other day possibly over balanced (in more ways than one!) :CCDD:
Webmaster and editor/writer of the PDC fansite; Darts, Beers & Cheers!, and Exhibition and Open Tournament database.
Play (terribly) for Stilton Country Club.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Krispy wrote:
The Japanese player the other day possibly over balanced (in more ways than one!) :CCDD:
There's a gene missing in some Asian people that doesn't allow them to break down alcohol as fast as most Europeans, some only need one or two pints to feel the effects.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Krispy wrote:
There's a gene missing in some Asian people that doesn't allow them to break down alcohol as fast as most Europeans, some only need one or two pints to feel the effects.
Is Adrian Japanese then?
Krispy
County Player

Post by Krispy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Krispy wrote:
yes I know about that, almost pure intolerance in some. Would be handy for cheap nights and keeping the weight off!

But unless he suddenly thought "I'll try a beer or two for the first time ever" then he still should have kept to his normal "not dropping darts" level :-)
Webmaster and editor/writer of the PDC fansite; Darts, Beers & Cheers!, and Exhibition and Open Tournament database.
Play (terribly) for Stilton Country Club.
dudley1975
Superleague Player

Post by dudley1975 »

The Cat wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Krispy wrote:
Is Adrian Japanese then?
Take a bow Cat.

Only the 5th day of the year but an early candidate fir post of the year.

So funny but so true !!
Social Media:

Twitter - @DudleyHD

Facebook - Darrell Freeland
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

Zeyes wrote:
tapsa wrote:Bad thing also is to have reserved time till 9.30, but then run over. If there is a danger of that, ES doesn't even start the last game. Waites game wasn't on air last night because of this. Well I got the possibility to watch PDC final, but hope today and later this week they don't just leave match off because given time table is too tight.
Did the BDO actually tell Eurosport headquarters that 3 hours would be enough time for the evening sessions? That scheduling was never going to work out.
I don't know, but there is Dakar rally satellite time at 11 pm CET and they don't want to stop middle of the game.
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

again: "We don't know when the actual match starts, we have informed its 7pm CET

So for the break

And miss ½ of the entry :D
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

if the final is on both bbc and bt i cant see bt going 6 sets with out add break as final useally only has break after 6 sets so i bet break after sets 4 7 and 10
dartsfan22
The Ton Club

Post by dartsfan22 »

Just for me for example imagine playing a local comp there's 8 boards and the person says boards 1-4 will be best of 5 and 5-8 will be 7 how is that fair think of that someone plays there first match on BBC wins 3-0 no break so used to no break all of a sudden 2nd round match and there's a break
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I can't really see what all the fuss is about, same for both players whichever format they play.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"