2015 MASTERS

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Stubby
County Player

Re: 2015 MASTERS

Post by Stubby »

GRAYISALEGEND wrote:What a joke that no runners up trophy presented???!

No wonder Barney walked off
One less trophy for the pdc haters to say "what a shit trophy?"
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

Only catching up with this tonight, some great games well played MVG :DDDD: . Btw 2015 Masters lol er no MVG won the Masters a few years ago.
10Darterme
The Ton Club

Post by 10Darterme »

Don't like the guy with his actions at the board , as every good throw his antics are way over the top

and every 180 he also gives it big time , and i mean not as though he is a pub player

whom is a young guy after his first 180 in a amateur tournament ..
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

MvG outstanding.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Adrian1969 wrote:MvG outstanding.
And that about sums it up.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
topcat
Brass Darts

Post by topcat »

MVG is a young man but he has been around enough to know the etiquette of darts. His celebrations when hitting 180s and brilliant finishes are just a gut reaction from a top pro with a massive will to win. I don't think MVG pumps his fist or grimaces to effect his opponent he seems the kind of guy who ignores the opponent and just plays his game, brilliantly may I add. Well done MVG on another win and cheers for earning me a few quid by doing it.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

topcat wrote:MVG is a young man but he has been around enough to know the etiquette of darts. His celebrations when hitting 180s and brilliant finishes are just a gut reaction from a top pro with a massive will to win. I don't think MVG pumps his fist or grimaces to effect his opponent he seems the kind of guy who ignores the opponent and just plays his game, brilliantly may I add. Well done MVG on another win and cheers for earning me a few quid by doing it.
So why is he able to skip his fist pumping and gurning when he is playing friends or when there are no TV cameras on? He doesn't do that during that pathtetic internet league tournament as well.
Pretty selective for uncontrolled emotion.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Excellent event. set at the right time of year now.

And what a great venue. And a great crowd (well I thought it was). Lot of young kids watching. Folks may moan somewhat about too much darts on TV but it seems there is a good appetite for folks to watch it live. Great to have the PDC events spread around the country somewhat.

Sometimes watched this with music on so didn't hear the crowd all the time but the boring chants weren't there (were they/)? The reason being: there wasn't actually any stands/tables distinction? Or were the crowd informed that chanting against other sections was not acceptable?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:Excellent event. set at the right time of year now.

And what a great venue. And a great crowd (well I thought it was). Lot of young kids watching. Folks may moan somewhat about too much darts on TV but it seems there is a good appetite for folks to watch it live. Great to have the PDC events spread around the country somewhat.

Sometimes watched this with music on so didn't hear the crowd all the time but the boring chants weren't there (were they/)? The reason being: there wasn't actually any stands/tables distinction? Or were the crowd informed that chanting against other sections was not acceptable?
It wasn't that special Devolution Stevie, I enjoyed the last day and Mr Blobby was superb but some of the early games were just crap, and you can't blame talentless qualifiers in this case. The PDC have some excellent tournies but this isn't one of them. Their worst is the PL with all the excitement of a funeral.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:Excellent event. set at the right time of year now.

It wasn't that special Devolution Stevie, I enjoyed the last day and Mr Blobby was superb but some of the early games were just crap, and you can't blame talentless qualifiers in this case. The PDC have some excellent tournies but this isn't one of them. Their worst is the PL with all the excitement of a funeral.
Maybe excellent a bit too 'strong' but if you enjoyed the last day, well that was 50% of the event.

What did you think of the crowd, sold out by the way. Devo doesn't do mis-infomation. Seems like that's for others with their inside info! :)
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

I think we can safely make a direct comparison with this event and the upcoming WDT.

Lets see how they compare in terms of, tv coverage, quality of darts, size of crowds and prize money.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

You forgot "same old face-ness". ;)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Just a shame my stream to The Dutch open was so poor or I would have watched more of that, don't you think it was an amazing feat for a 58 year old to battle through a mammoth field and seal victory. No one seems to acknowledge (Well apart from Wayne) what a great achievement this was.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Just a shame my stream to The Dutch open was so poor or I would have watched more of that, don't you think it was an amazing feat for a 58 year old to battle through a mammoth field and seal victory. No one seems to acknowledge (Well apart from Wayne) what a great achievement this was.
Not only did he have to battle through a mammoth field he also had to battle through a crowd expressing their enjoyment at being at a darts event.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Col wrote:Not only did he have to battle through a mammoth field he also had to battle through a crowd expressing their enjoyment at being at a darts event.
As many of them were likely players in the tournament as well, I guess Martin Adams was the first to win a PDC event this season. ;)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Yes, yes it was a mixed field.
topcat
Brass Darts

Post by topcat »

Duterprat wrote:
topcat wrote:MVG is a young man but he has been around enough to know the etiquette of darts. His celebrations when hitting 180s and brilliant finishes are just a gut reaction from a top pro with a massive will to win. I don't think MVG pumps his fist or grimaces to effect his opponent he seems the kind of guy who ignores the opponent and just plays his game, brilliantly may I add. Well done MVG on another win and cheers for earning me a few quid by doing it.
So why is he able to skip his fist pumping and gurning when he is playing friends or when there are no TV cameras on? He doesn't do that during that pathtetic internet league tournament as well.
Pretty selective for uncontrolled emotion.
When he is up on stage there is far more adrenalin flowing through his body, what with the noise the cameras and to win on stage a major gives the players more of a will to win thus creating the emotion involved. I do think as he matures in years the celebrations will calm down but lets be honest if we could play like he does I think I would be giving it a fist pump now and again and I am closing in on fifty.
I think he has to think about it when he is playing VvdV and even though he plays well he is not the same prolific hitter like when he is unleashed against other players.
Off stage on the floor according to the very few pros I have spoken to about the way it goes there is far less adrenalin rush and more controlled brilliance from the players and yes players will celebrate a quality shot or out even on the floor.
If the game was void of MVG's fist pumps and the Part snarl etc it wouldn't be the same for me I love the players aggressions and celebrations.
If they all played like Denis Ovens dead pan and no emotion would you still be as entertained? :CCCCC: