Burnett 2 Year Ban

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Re: Burnett 2 Year Ban

Post by Lee Taylor »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:The 16 time World Champion IS a sex offender, and groped a girl on live tv, but he is championed by the PDC - Burnett did a bit of Colombian marching powder at a party and he is banned?

Funny old World.
Thought it was at a pro tour event?
At a party a couple of days before, apparently.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:The 16 time World Champion IS a sex offender, and groped a girl on live tv, but he is championed by the PDC - Burnett did a bit of Colombian marching powder at a party and he is banned?

Funny old World.
So how did he get caught unless he admitted to it? Coke only lasts in the system for a day or so.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Funny old World.
So how did he get caught unless he admitted to it? Coke only lasts in the system for a day or so.
I only know what I've been told.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:So how did he get caught unless he admitted to it? Coke only lasts in the system for a day or so.
From what I've read the metabolites they test for can be detectable for two to three days in occasional users and up to two weeks for regulars.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Possibly a strange question

but is amyl nitrate aka poppers aka room odourisour on the banned list ?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

el_ringo wrote:Possibly a strange question

but is amyl nitrate aka poppers aka room odourisour on the banned list ?
Is that why ginge never plays darts?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

trotter wrote:It's like a Scot or a Welsh person being on X Factor.....the Scots will vote for a Scot and the Welsh for a Welsh person regardless of how crap they are....the English won't vote for somebody purely because they are English !...
Trotter admitting he watches X Factor, there.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

samrev180
The Ton Club

Re: Re:

Post by samrev180 »

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Col wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:
Col wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Really? Performance enhancing? Everyone I've ever seen 'high' on coke has lost all effective use of their limbs. I take your point about testing though.
The people you have seen have not been using coke then.

Cocaine makes you feel confident, gives you greater belief amongst many other things. But it certainly does not make you lose control of any limbs. Unless you count your willy as a limb. Too much ching will floppen that thing.

I cannot even believe you are debating this with a known and revered expert on narcotics :D :D :D
And that's about right ....do not think it would enhance anybody's dart game though.
You would be wrong in that assumption.
It's not an assumption ;)
Cocaine does enhance peformace in darts, i don't condone it at all by the way, i know a few players that swear by it and you can really see the differance with their concentration and confidence when playing under the effects of it. Also i've been told by a few reliable sources that there are certain higher ranked players that are rumoured to be using coke but apparently they don't seem to get tested like lower ranked players.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

samrev180 wrote:
Cocaine does enhance peformace in darts, i don't condone it at all by the way, i know a few players that swear by it and you can really see the differance with their concentration and confidence when playing under the effects of it. Also i've been told by a few reliable sources that there are certain higher ranked players that are rumoured to be using coke but apparently they don't seem to get tested like lower ranked players.

i thought everyone at the later rounds of tv tournaments get tested.
samrev180
The Ton Club

Post by samrev180 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
samrev180 wrote:

i thought everyone at the later rounds of tv tournaments get tested.
Not from what i've been told
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

If you do drugs and get caught tough sh1t, no sympathy and it certainly isn't a common occurrence amongst my circle of friends.
Thinking of one.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

The Crusader wrote:If you do drugs and get caught tough sh1t, no sympathy and it certainly isn't a common occurrence amongst my circle of friends.

I would agree with that....if any player wants to do drugs then it's up to them...but if they get tested and get caught then it's tough...they take the consequences and don't winge...if they didn't take it in the first place then they don't fail the test and the don't get banned.
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

It seems pretty obvious the PDC/DRA have wanted to set an example here and quite rightly so as there's a lot of vulnerable youth darts players involved in their scheme of activities as well as the pro's. I feel sorry for Richie, but if the rumours about cocaïne use are based on a true matter of facts, he should have been wiser to stay away from this destructive powder.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

I do not think there is any problem with a penalty for drug use ....I think people's perception of how the DPA is vague ....2years is there somewhere a guide line as to penalties ????
Johnson the yank golfer supposedly has been banned for 6 months .....
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

trotter wrote:It's like a Scot or a Welsh person being on X Factor.....the Scots will vote for a Scot and the Welsh for a Welsh person regardless of how crap they are....the English won't vote for somebody purely because they are English !...
When is a Scot not a Scot?

Whenever they win anything, they then become British ;)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ssjsa wrote:

Whenever they win anything, they then become British ;)
Aye, and when they lose they become Scottish again :D
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Welsh Wayne wrote:I do not think there is any problem with a penalty for drug use ....I think people's perception of how the DPA is vague ....2years is there somewhere a guide line as to penalties ????
The PGA Tour isn't under WADA jurisdiction. 2 years is WADA's standard punishment for substances found during in-competition testing of first-time offenders, AFAIK, though Burnett may be able to appeal it down to less than that at UK Sport Resolutions and/or CAS if he can show it's out of proportion to his actual offense (e.g. if he had no intention of enhancing his performance).
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Zeyes wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:I do not think there is any problem with a penalty for drug use ....I think people's perception of how the DPA is vague ....2years is there somewhere a guide line as to penalties ????
The PGA Tour isn't under WADA jurisdiction. 2 years is WADA's standard punishment for substances found during in-competition testing of first-time offenders, AFAIK, though Burnett may be able to appeal it down to less than that at UK Sport Resolutions and/or CAS if he can show it's out of proportion to his actual offense (e.g. if he had no intention of enhancing his performance).
It is

http://www.igfgolf.org/medical-anti-doping/
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Yes, they're taking WADA's lead on the banned substances list and the testing methods, but the PGA Tour clearly has an in-house set of rules on how to handle violations that's quite a bit different from organizations that are members of the IOC.

By contrast, my impression is that the PDC/DRA have adopted the WADA framework as a whole (via UK Anti-Doping). Whether they actually intended to have that lead to 2-year bans for any players, that's a different matter.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

ssjsa wrote:

When they had the chance to vote to become an independent state and instead decided to remain British ;)
Fixed! ;)