Tony Appleton

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
thorntree
The Ton Club

Tony Appleton

Post by thorntree »

I've just been asked about a player called Tony Appleton. He's not on my database, but my results aren't as complete for the 70's and 80's. Does anyone know anything about him?

"I am enquiring about the "News of the World darts competition". My grandad who goes by the names Tony Appo, Tony Appleton and also Anthony Appleton played in this competition again Alan Glazier, It got played on itv but I haven't got information about what year, probably around the years 1979- 1984".
mc1958
Superleague Player

Re: Tony Appleton

Post by mc1958 »

I just checked the few programs I have for the NOTW and he wasn't in 1977 to 1980 or 1985.

Patrick Chaplin would be your best bet to ask

http://www.patrickchaplin.com/contact.html
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Mastercaller has all the latter stages of every Masters , from last 32 usually and I can't see Tony Appleton still in the event at that stage....I can't imagine ITV covering it from any earlier rounds..it was done in World of Sport .....I've never heard of him myself.
mc1958
Superleague Player

Post by mc1958 »

trotter wrote:Mastercaller has all the latter stages of every Masters , from last 32 usually and I can't see Tony Appleton still in the event at that stage....I can't imagine ITV covering it from any earlier rounds..it was done in World of Sport .....I've never heard of him myself.
The OP is aking about the News of the World championship, not the Masters - they are different competitions
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

mc1958 wrote:
trotter wrote:Mastercaller has all the latter stages of every Masters , from last 32 usually and I can't see Tony Appleton still in the event at that stage....I can't imagine ITV covering it from any earlier rounds..it was done in World of Sport .....I've never heard of him myself.
The OP is aking about the News of the World championship, not the Masters - they are different competitions

I'm stupid sometimes !....don't know why I looked at the Masters !
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/winningto ... 11479.html

I hope for your findings the above link doesn't grieve or frustrate you, but I thought I should post it still.
thorntree
The Ton Club

Post by thorntree »

Thanks everyone.