If the PDC world championship final was on BBC how many viewers would it receive?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
MancheStar
Superleague Player

If the PDC world championship final was on BBC how many viewers would it receive?

Post by MancheStar »

As stated above how many viewers do people think would tune into the PDC world championship if it was on BBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ginge
International

Re: If the PDC world championship final was on BBC how many viewers would it receive?

Post by Ginge »

Three hundred million. And one.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Re: If the PDC world championship final was on BBC how many viewers would it receive?

Post by trotter »

Who knows ?....I'm sure most darts fans would probably watch Lakeside anyway so they wouldn't be new fans watching Ally Pally so any increase would be the casual fan or the PDC only types......there are actually more and more of those all the time from my experience so I'm sure the figure would be higher than Lakeside
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Reckon it would increase. But I do wonder though if some BDO diehards would actually not watch this out of principle or out of their hatred of the PDC. Never will be on the BBC though will it?

On a side note I do reckon that the PDC world cup of darts is 'taylor made' for the BBC. Not a full week event and with it's international aspect as well as the top names of the PDC in it I think it would be a big hit with the BBC.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

The PDC would promote it a hell of a lot more, you'd see Barry everywhere in the run and and the players as well. That'd be more of a key difference maker than standards and averages.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

I can just imagine Tony Green's complete bemusement! :)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

spaceman70 wrote:I can just imagine Tony Green's complete bemusement! :)
No no no, Tony Green will automatically become the greatest commentator around, quirky, his deliberate comedy gaffs etc. :D
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

^^^Plenty of people thought Sid Waddell was insufferable.
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

ifm wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:I can just imagine Tony Green's complete bemusement! :)
No no no, Tony Green will automatically become the greatest commentator around, quirky, his deliberate comedy gaffs etc. :D
Stuart Pyke has been nowhere near the Lakeside coverage and gets plenty of stick for his work on Sky and ITV.

The problem with Green is that he has been left out there too long, everyone knows, yet nothing has been done to sort it out.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:^^^Plenty of people thought Sid Waddell was insufferable.
Yes, whoosh?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

No, pillock?
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Personally I can't ever see a PDC tournament on the BBC given the BBC current broadcasting policy.

There is just no way on earth a top professional organisation like the PDC would agree to or allow the mutilated broadcasting that the BBC did recently for the Lakeside.

However if the matter did occur I feel the answer would be this the number of people who would be watching would be the total number of people who had the program on the their telly where as the Lakeside figures are undoubtedly bloated by a very large number of people who just have the TV on rather then actively watching it.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:No, pillock?
It's true, you are getting brave lately.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Eh?
Big Jock Knew
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

Green's a legend but if it's true he starts talking rubbish more and more often, he should call it a day himself or have John Part by his side to correct him so he stays hungry and sharp instead of complacent and inaccurate.

As to the OP: I think there would be a marginal difference in viewing figures as those watching Lakeside would for the lrger part watch PDC darts as well and the PDC fans would make the difference as they would now tune in to the BBC for free instead of paying for Sky.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

el_ringo wrote:Personally I can't ever see a PDC tournament on the BBC given the BBC current broadcasting policy.

There is just no way on earth a top professional organisation like the PDC would agree to or allow the mutilated broadcasting that the BBC did recently for the Lakeside.

However if the matter did occur I feel the answer would be this the number of people who would be watching would be the total number of people who had the program on the their telly where as the Lakeside figures are undoubtedly bloated by a very large number of people who just have the TV on rather then actively watching it.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
You are absolutely priceless, a true comedy character, i did think you might even believe some of your shit, now i'm convinced you are purely here to mess about.
well done.

Madsocks
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ifm wrote:
el_ringo wrote:Personally I can't ever see a PDC tournament on the BBC given the BBC current broadcasting policy.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
You are absolutely priceless, a true comedy character, i did think you might even believe some of your shit, now i'm convinced you are purely here to mess about.
well done.
The sheriff is coming down hard today. :)
daraghj82
Steady Sixties

Post by daraghj82 »

even more that the 4million over the 3 weeks of the event, maybe 7 million , i couldn't see the bbc showing 3 weeks, extensive and live coverage over such a long period for 1 tournament, fwiw i would like to see bbc get one of the smaller pdc tournaments
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

I know, because of the daft and eccentric things that he would say, and his praise of Phil Taylor. I always totally disagreed with them. Sid Waddell was always my favourite commentator, because nobody else could create an atmosphere around darts matches like he could, whether he was the more controlled BBC Sid Waddell or the wilder Sky Sports Sid Waddell. He would make darts feel like a gladitorial contest. His constant praise of Phil Taylor, is because Phil was that brilliant. Sid knew that Phil was up there with the most dominant champions that there's been anywhere.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

If the PDC world championship final was on BBC how many viewers would it rece...

Post by MancheStar »

PT13 wrote:
I know, because of the daft and eccentric things that he would say, and his praise of Phil Taylor. I always totally disagreed with them. Sid Waddell was always my favourite commentator, because nobody else could create an atmosphere around darts matches like he could, whether he was the more controlled BBC Sid Waddell or the wilder Sky Sports Sid Waddell. He would make darts feel like a gladitorial contest. His constant praise of Phil Taylor, is because Phil was that brilliant. Sid knew that Phil was up there with the most dominant champions that there's been anywhere.
Good post PT13 I agree Sid was the voice of darts his passion for darts was second to none. How could he not praise Taylor the greatest player of all time in his prime, if he didn't super praise him people would complain Taylor doesn't get enough respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk