Did I hear this correctly?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Murphio
International

Re: Did I hear this correctly?

Post by Murphio »

Seriously lads, It's Taylor, the master of bullsheidt. A couple of months ago he described Vdv as the best Dutch player ever. He is full of it. He is cliche man. In a couple of months he'll be saying the Matchplay is the big one.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Taylor has said it before about the Premier League...he has also said it about the Matchplay and he has also said the main title he has to win in the Worlds....it's all hype spouted.

The PL is a massive title to win...the Matchplay is a bigger title to win but nothing compares to winning the Worlds....I don't think Gary Anderson would have cropped up all over the place had he won the PL again...I don't think he'd have been doing the Scottish FA Cup draw as PL champion.....the world title is worth ten of any other title throughout the year
topcat
Brass Darts

Post by topcat »

Taylor is selling the PDC and comes up with more spiel than is acceptable to most. He said when in Blackpool this is the one they all want to win really never mind the worlds. He has said it at numerous majors.
To me he is a bit deluded as if any pro player was asked if they could win one title what would it be I am sure nearly if not all would say the World Championship.
Most of Phil's spiel is taken with a pinch of salt by me these days.
mrsheen
Pub Champion

Re: Re: Did I hear this correctly?

Post by mrsheen »

topcat wrote:Taylor is selling the PDC and comes up with more spiel than is acceptable to most.
"Not Guilty, Your Honour" being the most unacceptable. Well in the esteemed opinion of Sheriff McColl anyway.
Paulie Walnuts
Pub Champion

Post by Paulie Walnuts »

He's just talking his usual brand of mindless rubbish, does he actually engage his brain half the time he speaks
toytown180
The Ton Club

Post by toytown180 »

devosteve wrote:It was a strange comment to make. World championship lasts 2 weeks but this last 15 weeks: what's his point? the pl isn't on every night.

Bottom line is this: 1 defeat in the WC and you are out. You can lose games and still win the PL.
1st tho you have to get in the prem league, im sure taylor has won the prem without losing a game