DRA Cases now online again

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BlueSpark
International

Re: DRA Cases now online again

Post by BlueSpark »

ssjsa wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
ssjsa wrote:See Barney could be in big trouble by responding to an abusive punter who was a tad upset with him losing his match as said punter lost his wedge.

Barney has apologised below, but recipient of Raymond's response on Messenger screenshotted it, and also posted it. I have an image of Barney's message but the screenshot also has some content by the abusive punter which is not acceptable on the forum.

The gist of Barney's reply was

I hope you lost all of your money and I hope you die soon.

You and your family.

Raymond v Barneveld
@Raybar180

Yesterday I posted a tweet from the horrible things you sometimes get after a loss. In my anger at that moment I replied which I shouldn’t have done in a matter that is not worthy of a 5-time World Champion. I apologise for that ! Need to ignore those messages but not always easy
Post it out the back so I can see it :grin:
Will post it in the BlueSpark for Moderator thread. :grin:
Cheers :grin:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Never use twitter after a few beers and a beating.
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

ssjsa wrote:See Barney could be in big trouble by responding to an abusive punter who was a tad upset with him losing his match as said punter lost his wedge.

Barney has apologised below, but recipient of Raymond's response on Messenger screenshotted it, and also posted it. I have an image of Barney's message but the screenshot also has some content by the abusive punter which is not acceptable on the forum.

You and your family.

Raymond v Barneveld
@Raybar180

Yesterday I posted a tweet from the horrible things you sometimes get after a loss. In my anger at that moment I replied which I shouldn’t have done in a matter that is not worthy of a 5-time World Champion. I apologise for that ! Need to ignore those messages but not always easy
What an utter twat. Surely this warrants a 1-2 months ban and a few thousand quid fine. Pete Dyos got a 4 month ban for a comment which was surely offensive, hasn't wished death on anyone though.

The worst thing is that what Barney wrote doesn't get mentioned everywhere. Imagine the crowd reaction if it was Gurney or Price.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

26scored wrote:

You and your family.

Raymond v Barneveld
@Raybar180

What an utter twat. Surely this warrants a 1-2 months ban and a few thousand quid fine. Pete Dyos got a 4 month ban for a comment which was surely offensive, hasn't wished death on anyone though.

The worst thing is that what Barney wrote doesn't get mentioned everywhere. Imagine the crowd reaction if it was Gurney or Price.
Has Barney played in front of a crowd since this then?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

billyd wrote:
26scored wrote:

You and your family.

Raymond v Barneveld
@Raybar180

This was on Friday following his last leg defeat to Peter Wright in the WSOD event quarter final. RVB's apology was on the 26th, in regard to the inappropriate comment the day before.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

billyd wrote:
26scored wrote:

You and your family.

Raymond v Barneveld
@Raybar180

I used the wrong word there, I meant the public reaction, outcry on social media etc.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Barney set to get a big fine and a ban, hopefully suspended. What a plonker.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

nikkiboy wrote:Barney set to get a big fine and a ban, hopefully suspended. What a plonker.
He will get off very lightly as all the top players seem to.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Is he still a top player in anything but name anymore?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Black Velvet wrote:Is he still a top player in anything but name anymore?
Evey november Barney promises to to the full tour the following year to bullshit people so he keeps his name in peoples minds.
He gets selected for the Premier League every year out of nothing but favoritism, and proceeds to do poorly as expected.

This year he has taken hardly any part in eurotours and floor champs, and then gets rewarded for his lies and laziness with a spot not only in the PL but the World Series, while players like James Wade who not only attended Euro Events even via the qualifiers, and has reached a couple of semi finals and even a euro tour semi final is left out of the World Series. How is that fair to others

Factor in the Barney is not even in the world top 10 and Wade is, shows the level of favortism for a lazy player who has done nothing not just this year, but Barney has not won a ranking tv major in over 11 years.

As for this nonsense "5 time world champion" he is a 1 time champion with 4 scabby lakesides.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Barney bad, James good, Boohoo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote:Barney bad, James good, Boohoo.
I do think there is some substance in what he says though re Barney getting in over wade.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Little Lonely Garry
International

devosteve wrote:
I do think there is some substance in what he says though re Barney getting in over wade.

of course there is, its just chris responds to the poster instead of the post.

Its not just Wade, Ian white is another or quite a few players more deserving of a spot in the last World Series over Barney who did nothing to earn it.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Its not just Wade, Ian white is another or quite a few players more deserving of a spot in the last World Series over Barney who did nothing to earn it.
Oh bollocks, all your posts are crying about Wade. Don't matter if it is Barney or whoever.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:
devosteve wrote:

There is zero substance to the post. The WSOD is an invitational event designed to promote PDC darts to a worldwide audience. Barney is a much more widely recognised player than Wade and adds more commercial value.

Similarly the PL qualification criteria is that that the Top 4 in the OOM following the conclusion of the World Championships get in, and the other 6 places are invitational and subject to whatever the PDC and Sky Sports want to do with those spots.

In both instances other than the 4 PL spots from the OOM, all other participants are not decided on meritorious grounds, therefore any arguments on who deserves to get the places are moot.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Little Lonely Garry
International

ChrisW wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Oh bollocks, all your posts are crying about Wade. Don't matter if it is Barney or whoever.

Wrong yet again. The issue is other players are more deserving than Barney.

Let look at some FACTS

1. He is a proven liar as he claimed prior to PL selection last November he would be doing the full tour in the new year, only for him to then go back on his word and miss events.He did the same the year before.

2. Barney has not won a major ranking tv final in 11 years.

3. Has skipped the vast majority of floor comps and Euro tours so has zero form

4. Players who are performing better than him this year are being neglected in place of Barney who has done nothing

5. Barney is lower in the world ranking than Wade,

6. Barneys world ranking is dropping at the moment, while other players are climbing in the rankings.

Tell me Chris what Barney has done to warrant successive PL invites, World Series events etc other than being there on a name he made for himself over a decade ago .
They dont need him to sell tickets in holland either,
Little Lonely Garry
International

ssjsa wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
devosteve wrote:

There is zero substance to the post. The WSOD is an invitational event designed to promote PDC darts to a worldwide audience. Barney is a much more widely recognised player than Wade and adds more commercial value.

Similarly the PL qualification criteria is that that the Top 4 in the OOM following the conclusion of the World Championships get in, and the other 6 places are invitational and subject to whatever the PDC and Sky Sports want to do with those spots.

In both instances other than the 4 PL spots from the OOM, all other participants are not decided on meritorious grounds, therefore any arguments on who deserves to get the places are moot.

I suggest you learn to read. I used the pl as an example of favoritism
The discussion is about his inclusion in world series events not the PL

Keep up, and try judge the post on its content not the poster
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Chris and SSJA are absolutely correct by the way!
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Garry Murphy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Let look at some FACTS

1. He is a proven liar as he claimed prior to PL selection last November he would be doing the full tour in the new year, only for him to then go back on his word and miss events.He did the same the year before.

4. Players who are performing better than him this year are being neglected in place of Barney who has done nothing

6. Barneys world ranking is dropping at the moment, while other players are climbing in the rankings.

Tell me Chris what Barney has done to warrant successive PL invites, World Series events etc other than being there on a name he made for himself over a decade ago .

You said the Premier League is a glorified exbo. Why complaining about invited players for an exhibition then? Surely the organizers should be allowed to pick their favourite line-up...

And there is a reason why some players are asked to do lots of exhibitions in the UK, Germany etc, and some other players not...
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Garry Murphy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Let look at some FACTS

Dry your eyes Gary.