DRA Cases now online again

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: DRA Cases now online again

Post by Deleted User »

Ecky Thump wrote:Gilding fined for failure to mark? Has the marker scheme collapsed altogether?
Too many clipboards, not enough Indians?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I noticed Phil Taylor is on that spreadsheet.

But..but but...I thought they stopped making these details public to protect him?
Big Jock Knew
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:I noticed Phil Taylor is on that spreadsheet.

But..but but...I thought they stopped making these details public to protect him?
So why did they?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ecky Thump wrote:

So why did they?
I dunno, but that theory has been blown out the water now eh?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:Gilding fined for failure to mark? Has the marker scheme collapsed altogether?
Meeeoooowww
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Meeeoooowww
Oh, you! :D
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:

So why did they?

:COMP2:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

ChrisW wrote:So Ando got a 3k fine for his mis-reported comment by the Beeb.
Mis-reported?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
Mis-reported?
He made a silly remark, 3k just about shows how seriously the pdc took it but it never deserved any sort of ban.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
T14T11 wrote:Would loved to have seen the altercation between Darren Webster and Pat Butcher's fatter sister.

And what was the q-school misbehaviour about?
Modra so was for all 4 days and only gets a formal warning?

Intrigued by how all those players broke papa contract by playing in an event that was televised as I don't think all are/were tour card holders.
It was The Hague Championship.

Dekker made the last 16 but didn't cop a fine as he didn't have a Tour Card at the time. Same for Jason Marriott who made the QFs.

Terry Temple played in the pairs but seems to have dodged a bullet, perhaps because his match may not have been televised?
Hadn't realised someone like Matt Padgett was a tour card holder last year though I might be wrong.

At then of the day it was a successful event. Why couldn't the PDC give them all the ok to play it this year but talk to organisers about potentially ranking it on the Euro OOM. Wonder how that would go down. PDC need a big European open IMO
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
Mis-reported?
He made a silly remark, 3k just about shows how seriously the pdc took it but it never deserved any sort of ban.
They took it seriously enough to make multiple statements/apologies, anyway Chris said mis-reported, it wasn't mis-reported at all.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
T14T11 wrote:Would loved to have seen the altercation between Darren Webster and Pat Butcher's fatter sister.

And what was the q-school misbehaviour about?
Modra so was for all 4 days and only gets a formal warning?

Intrigued by how all those players broke papa contract by playing in an event that was televised as I don't think all are/were tour card holders.
It was The Hague Championship.

Dekker made the last 16 but didn't cop a fine as he didn't have a Tour Card at the time. Same for Jason Marriott who made the QFs.

Terry Temple played in the pairs but seems to have dodged a bullet, perhaps because his match may not have been televised?
Hadn't realised someone like Matt Padgett was a tour card holder last year though I might be wrong.

At then of the day it was a successful event. Why couldn't the PDC give them all the ok to play it this year but talk to organisers about potentially ranking it on the Euro OOM. Wonder how that would go down. PDC need a big European open IMO
for the PDC to have given the OK, the players would have had to ask the PDC in the first place. Did any of them bother doing so? I suggest none of them did, otherwise they would have got more than just a warning for going against their decision.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I think it's fair the PDC protect its product after all they've done to build it.up to where it is at present....this wasn't a tin pot tournament...10k euros to the winner, TV coverage...of course the PDC players should seek approval...if the PDC sit back and just let these events happen and the players play without approval then they are leaving themselves open to.a rival tour being set up and the.possibility of losing players as well...
Of course if the organisers and players had sought approval in the first place then.it might have been given and the fact the players have just been warned is common sense in.this instance and has put down the marker for where the PDC stand in terms of protecting its brand
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

trotter wrote:I think it's fair the PDC protect its product after all they've done to build it.up to where it is at present....this wasn't a tin pot tournament...10k euros to the winner, TV coverage...of course the PDC players should seek approval...if the PDC sit back and just let these events happen and the players play without approval then they are leaving themselves open to.a rival tour being set up and the.possibility of losing players as well...
Of course if the organisers and players had sought approval in the first place then.it might have been given and the fact the players have just been warned is common sense in.this instance and has put down the marker for where the PDC stand in terms of protecting its brand
Just need to be consistent, if they are going to give players a pass then all should get one.

Madsocks
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ifm wrote:
trotter wrote:I think it's fair the PDC protect its product after all they've done to build it.up to where it is at present....this wasn't a tin pot tournament...10k euros to the winner, TV coverage...of course the PDC players should seek approval...if the PDC sit back and just let these events happen and the players play without approval then they are leaving themselves open to.a rival tour being set up and the.possibility of losing players as well...
Just need to be consistent, if they are going to give players a pass then all should get one.

I agree with consistency but how many events have TV coverage and money.like this one. I can't think of any off the top of.my head...the PDC certainly.aren't going to stop.players playing exhibition type knockouts with BDO players where there is no TV.....anyway was this Dutch event on.a.proper TV channel.or was it streamed ?...not sure where the PDC stand on a streamed event..
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Ginge wrote:
Ecky Thump wrote:

So why did they?
Nah, Taylor isn't nr. 1 in the PDC right now, but where is the headbutt to Barney, the lashing out to MvG and the älways walking in the exclusion zone, where are the reprimands for that?

Not blown out of the water.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

trotter wrote:
ifm wrote:

I agree with consistency but how many events have TV coverage and money.like this one. I can't think of any off the top of.my head...the PDC certainly.aren't going to stop.players playing exhibition type knockouts with BDO players where there is no TV.....anyway was this Dutch event on.a.proper TV channel.or was it streamed ?...not sure where the PDC stand on a streamed event..
I was referring to the PDC not allowing their players to play BICC because of streaming.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Maybe they would make a decision based on how many people are going to see it, you would have thought this Dutch thing would get more eyeballs than a county match being streamed.

Anyway, we dont know if any of the players actually asked for permission to play in the Dutch event, I assume any that did and were told no would have been punished much more severely had they ignored the request.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Maybe they would make a decision based on how many people are going to see it, you would have thought this Dutch thing would get more eyeballs than a county match being streamed.

Anyway, we dont know if any of the players actually asked for permission to play in the Dutch event, I assume any that did and were told no would have been punished much more severely had they ignored the request.
Obviously the first point is irrelevant as they refused permission, what they should have said was if you do it you'll get a slap on the wrist.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote: Obviously the first point is irrelevant as they refused permission
How do we know this? Did any of them ask before attending it? The reason for the DRA "warning" could have been because none of them bothered to ask in the first place....
Big Jock Knew