DRA Cases now online again

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: DRA Cases now online again

Post by Ginge »

Rout wrote:
Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:Inappropriate behaviour and bringing alcohol into the venue (Q School).

That means vomiting I guess. Re him getting smashed he wouldn't have done it if he had to buy drinks from the bar. people would have noticed it more as he bought drink on drink.
Even the BBC article mentions he was going to get smashed on Sambuca ffs, all his protestations are ridiculous.
No it doesnt.
Aye because he was only going to have one, wasnt he Image
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
Rout wrote:
Ginge wrote:
devosteve wrote:Inappropriate behaviour and bringing alcohol into the venue (Q School).

That means vomiting I guess. Re him getting smashed he wouldn't have done it if he had to buy drinks from the bar. people would have noticed it more as he bought drink on drink.
Even the BBC article mentions he was going to get smashed on Sambuca ffs, all his protestations are ridiculous.
No it doesnt.
Aye because he was only going to have one, wasnt he Image
Would 2/3 get you "smashed"?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

‘He's Nathan Richards, a 21-year-old from Peterborough who works in a warehouse, but is perhaps a bit too wired after his triumph. There is talk of sambucas before he stumbles to defeat in his next match’

Certainly implies that he will get smashed.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

No no no he doesnt drink much at all, only had a small sherry at Xmas usually.

Certainly had enough to vomit outside.
Last edited by Ginge on Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

phil davies wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:01 pm Don’t agree with them being allowed to fine people for inappropriate posts on social media. That is becoming to authoritarian people should be allowed to voice their opinion. Obviously within the laws of the country and if a hate crime/another law is broken by what they have posted then it should dealt with by the police.

As for Razma what game did he forfeit can’t remember seeing anything about that at the time.

Only one fined from Q school is a pleasant surprise.
Ramza threw a game at the PDCNB Tour. 4-0 behind if I remember correctly to Kantele, and then he just forfeited.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:02 pm No no no he doesnt drink much at all, only had a small sherry at Xmas usually.

Certainly had enough to vomit outside.
It’s funny how the date of the bbc article is one day after the incident....
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I think Dannyboy had it correct when he said Richards fine was a measure to put him off ever attending again. Its quite clearly the case and anyone who knows darts players and even who has attended leisure centre events knows drinking goes on in abundance. I have been to plenty of them myself and seen many a player worse for wear from the drink. I've seen hip flasks, stashed bottles and loaded cola. I've seen people stumbling and slurring and its extremely rare action has been taken against them. Particularly the better known guys.

With the continual demise of BDO/WDF darts, the PDC has forced itself into a position whereby they are now the torch holders of the sport. They have a development tour and the sub-pro tour and are expanding constantly worldwide. No-one forced them to do this, they have pursued it of their own volition. The "business first, sport second" argument was fine and dandy when they were only their for the top-end of the game but thats not the direction they are moving in anymore.

With that, comes a responsibility to treat people fairly and evenly and also to use a bit of discretion and common sense. Here you have a young lad full of enthusiasm and possibly a bit of ADHD/Autism or some other learning/development disorder. As has been pointed out he attracted positive publicity for the PDC and Q-school in the mainstream media and represented the "anyone can have a go" aspect of Q-school.

So he got a bit giddy, more for aforementioned reasons than anything. Perhaps he over-indulged a bit but no-one got harmed and the negativity that has come from dragging him through the DRA system and fining him is counter productive to everyone involved. The sensible thing to do would have been a stern warning in his ear and a bit of friendly advice about the future.

FFs, the world champion comes across as absolutely blotto every single time he does an interview on TV. Which brings the game into disrepute more? A relative unknown in a close door event or the guy who's just won the biggest title in darts?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

Rout wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:23 pm
Bomber wrote:if they have a tour card then the pdc is their employer
What's their salary?
it's performance related, there is an average, mean, minimum and maximum, a bit like commission only jobs - call them self employed if you want but their employer where they get all their work from is the pdc and like other professional sports its normal to have standards

yes they can do exbos and whatever but their employer or pdc rules will probably have conditions for them too, don't see what the big deal is, they can earn as much as their talent will let them, life changing amounts, asking them not to be a numpty or drunk or abusive while in that position is fair enough isn't it?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

How many of the blotto players then go and puke up outside the venue, no doubt in front of members of the public?

Had he not done that he would not have got a DRA refertal at all imo.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:How many of the blotto players then go and puke up outside the venue, no doubt in front of members of the public?

Wrights drunken interviews are broadcast to up to a million people on the night and then preserved forever on youtube and replays.

How many members of the general public will have seen a young lad puking up? A handful at best and they probably wouldn't have even known where he was from or possibly even who the pdc are.

And although you are certain it was drink related, what if it wasnt? Or if puking up is the precedent, what if an instance in the future is? How do you police that correctly to ensure you are not fining someone who ate something dodgy last night?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Am i certain it was drink related? Yes. Yes I am.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ryan Hogarth must be lying. He was there, yes?

I await your comments.

Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ill happily accept it was drink related but everything else I've said stands.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:10 pm How many of the blotto players then go and puke up outside the venue, no doubt in front of members of the public?

None i think, evolved drinkers perhaps?
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Ignoring the attention seeker for now, some of those fines and decisions are nonsensical.

The match fixing in Australia got a 750 AUD fine and suspended sentence. Homophobic slurs get just £1k fine?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Good points danny.

So basically in the pdc's/dra's eyes a young lad having too much to drink is worse than match fixing in terms of the fine handed out.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I agree that is a bit baffling aye.

Who did Andy Jenkins abuse, anyway. Dave, i assume you know, if you are still lurking? Was it Huw?
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Rout wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:06 pm Good points danny.

So basically in the pdc's/dra's eyes a young lad having too much to drink is worse than match fixing in terms of the fine handed out.
I was comparing to the Gerwyn Price fine.

If it’s hidden away from TV it’s fine...

The Aussie lads and Jenkins should’ve been banned for 3 months apiece.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The fine was harsh, But i have no real sympathy for Nathan Richards, I mentioned on Twitter that guys of his standard shouldn't have been there, Dicie did too. And he took it has hate and posted it on his facebook page and encouraged dogpiling on me. Some of it was hilarious, some was just sad. But i will not change my point.

One funny comment was "dont worry Nathan a couple of vodka's and you could be playing like MVG"

He has a lot of people encouraging him (too much) but they are not around when he asks to pay for his fine (Gofundme on £0).
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

I cant say I have too much sympathy for the lad himself. I just find it a bit sad and pathetic. Hes clearly got some developmental issues and it could have been handled with a bit more common sense that's all. A harsh word would have more likely got through and prevented all the drama.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.