New North American darts tour Championship Darts Circuit

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: New North American darts tour Championship Darts Circuit

Post by The Jolly Man »

Would seem the CDC will roll into a 3rd year. Same tour set up as previous years new locations but will have an addition of an U21 tour running alongside the main tour over three of the weekends. 12 events with a final for the top 8. Not sure why it's not just U23 to tie in with PDC. Think young players in NA need all the encouragement they can get.

They're also going to be hosting the two PDC world youth qualifiers one for each of Canada and USA. Possibly tied into this is the appointment of Rob Denny as an advisory board member. He is the chief executive of the dart players Australia.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Hosting the Canada PDC Youth qualifier not in Canada but in the USA, Niagara Falls NY. I think they are afraid of Trumps threat of business moving across the border :) Seriously who holds a national qualifier not in the country that people are supposed to be qualifying from? And no it isn't done to hold both USA and Canada under one roof to lower cost. The USA qualifier will be held in OH. The Canadians should be pissed about this, add to it the Canadians from my understanding actually have a youth program. The USA doesn't have a youth program except a few tournaments hold youth events that get a handful of participants.

Expectations for year 3, after doubling their losses over the year one loss in year 2, I fully expect them to triple them in year 3.

Hi Fartoid, good to see your still crying about me and writing about me. Get some new stuff for the Bullshit o Meter. Your using stuff that is seriously dated and really unoffensive. You still haven't found the good stuff yet?
For a guy who claims I have done nothing for darts ever, even in my hometown (which you know is a straight out lie by you) and get everything wrong in my opinions you spend alot of time discussing me. Have fun inbox me and we will talk sometime xoxoxo
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Tour now into third season. Today is the 2nd weekend and the first of the new U21 tour.

Watch live coverage of the main event:
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

They are also running a few pages with match updates on and a bracket draw they can be found from the links on this page:
http://www.champdarts.com/live-coverage.html
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Every post crying about Dartoid.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

CDC seemed to have a good end to the year. A couple of new winners in the tour this year in Chick Puleo and Dan Lauby Jr.

They struck a deal with the PDC to organise qualifiers for the World Youths. Don't think the guys are going to be winning matches but it's a start. Then they've got 4 players into the big JDC event as well. Hopefully this will continue as n American darts need some more youngsters.

They had a successful end of season for the top 16. John Part showed up giving his support. Leonard Gates win the event

Next years plans already seem started with there version of the q-school being planned. A fifth weekend seems set to be added to the calendar with it being for the first time the tour heading to Canada.

Downside has to be that the top players playing in the tour didn't really come through the WSOD event.

Surely only a matter of time before the PDC look to invest in this. 10 events well funded in prize money. 64+ top North American players involved with many Canadians yet to actually get involved.

The guys running it seem to know exactly what they are trying to do and achieving it. The same guys also organise a few tours in the big cities which seems to act as a feeder
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

The Jolly Man wrote: The guys running it seem to know exactly what they are trying to do and achieving it. The same guys also organise a few tours in the big cities which seems to act as a feeder
Do they? not convinced they do and not convinced they are achieving it whatever that it may be. Has the standard improved and are their players going further in PDC events? Ok it is very early in the process of things but lets be real here for a sec. Guys throwing in the mid to lo 80's aren't going to magically start playing in the 90's. And there are only a couple that consistently play in the 80's. Nope what they are going to get is a bunch of guys throwing in the 70's who are going to get better and get into the mid 80's. Time will tell tho I may be wrong.

These guys have made loads of business mistakes that really they shouldn't have. Most due to not really understanding the market and not having a good focus on the short term. Some where just stupid not paying attention in business 101. Most of this I have outlined in previous posts so won't go over the same boring ground again.

I won't criticize them for the youth thing as I think that was a money was in front of them so take it now as it might not be there later. But the participation levels were truly laughable and honestly no one here gives a crap about youth darts. Problem is no one has the balls to say it because everyone thinks the youth are the future and as an idea no one wants to stand against the trite romantic notion. It is like saying why in the hell do we play the national anthem before sporting events here when only Americans are competing. Nope no one questions it as everyone to afraid to be branded unpatriotic. No one wants to be branded against youth darts. Yet no one is doing anything about it except a handful of people and youth darts doesn't get more than a handful of players to participate, but no one will stand up and say it is a waste of time at the tournament level.

Same thing with the streaming, no body is watching it no one cares. They get a couple hundred viewers for an event, and maybe 3k in clicks afterwards if they are lucky. Yet no one will say the streaming isn't worth the thousands they are putting into it and the tens I bet they have put into it the last 2 years. Yet they don't stream the invitational event in the middle of the year that should showcase the talent? Wait and now they want to do exhbo's with the same talent no one wants to watch in a real comp.

Fortunately for them the ADO is in shambles and very few give a crap about chasing points for Masters and Lakeside. They survive because well there isn't much to compete against them as far as steel tip. Their biggest competition is actually the soft tip side of things, they get bigger crowds, more buzz and a hell of a lot more viewers and do a way better job of promotions than the CDC.
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Cannibal : showing this forum is still alive and kicking with posts like that!

Interesting, informative and challenging.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

lol think it shows I am still alive and kicking