New North American darts tour Championship Darts Circuit

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Just completed their second weekend of events, total of 4 events so far. 70 players the first week and about 60 the second. Out of 60 tour card holders 46 have competed or at least ponyed up the cash for at least one event. On avg they are getting around 32 qualifiers. Those who have participated in them seem to be pleased with how they are run and the qualifiers getting good value for their money. Qualifiers get two shots to qualify for an event and get their money back if they qualify. About 2/3 rds or more of the qualifying field have gotten into each event.

The next event for them is their invitation only matchplay, top 32 in points after the first 4 events are in to be held July 24.
Some names some of you might be familiar with who are in this
John Part ranked 2nd, Larry Butler 3rd, David Fatum 7th, Darin Young 8th, Dan Lauby II 9th, Gary Mawson 11th, Roger Carter 15th.
The 2 ladies given tour cards who have competed in all the events are 23rd and 25th.
3 non card holders are in the top 32

It looks like about 12 tour card holders have at least won enough to cover their entry fees so far.

The surprise player on this tour so far is DJ Sayre, he has been in 3 finals of the 4 and won 1. He lost in a final to John Part and beat Part in a semi to get to the final he won. He is top of the points table right now.

link for the results of all the events and qualifiers below.
http://challonge.com/users/championshipdarts

Tour card holders DJ Sayer and Godon Dixon also host a podcast on darts, entertaining listen
http://theactiondads.podbean.com/
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Re: New North American darts tour Championship Darts Circuit

Post by cannibal »

10584016_1646245092260918_3792826447048310316_n.jpg
10584016_1646245092260918_3792826447048310316_n.jpg (119.18 KiB) Viewed 6990 times
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

that not bad number to start off if they can keep for all the events what sort of prize money are they playing for
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Does the winner qualify for the world championships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

MancheStar wrote:Does the winner qualify for the world championships?

Didn't they have a separate qualifier last year? Not that I've seen anything about this year!
T-Mac
Brass Darts

Post by T-Mac »

Addicks Fan wrote:

Didn't they have a separate qualifier last year? Not that I've seen anything about this year!
I think there is another separate qualifier this year.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Addicks Fan wrote:

The qualifier is on I think Ontario from memory.

This is independent. It's actually predominantly based in a very small area if USA the guys in charge certainly know what they are trying to do and have the city based Dart Player (city name) franchise as part of its network.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Prize pool is 10k USA first 2k, second 1k. It sounds like good payouts till you realize that your card holders are putting up 200 to participate in each event and there are 2 in a weekend. Bigger risk for the card holders, vs the other tournaments they would typically go to. Champ. Dart circuit is separate from Jay Tomlinson and PDC north America. The qualifier for ally pally will be held in August I think. Probably be fewer Americans than last year for that. I suspect a lot of the players who don't have a prayer but show up anyway are more than likely using their travel expenses for the CDC thing.

As it stands now I think the future is still very murky for them. Unfortunately it hasn't gotten clearer for them yet and probably won't until they come to end of year two. Many strings could easily unravel before they even get to the end of the year. One is the tour card holders are bearing alot of expense and risk not sure how long the majority of them will be willing to keep doing it and come back for more of the same next year. Financially not sure how long they can hold out running this thing at a loss paying out more than they are bringing in. Let's see what happens with the next two events.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

The North American championship seemed a decent tournament last year has the PDC North American tour gone now?

The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

MancheStar wrote:The North American championship seemed a decent tournament last year has the PDC North American tour gone now?

The tour didn't happen last year and not sure if it even happened the year before
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

The PDC na tour is gone and has been for a year now. Rumor was the organizers ran thru the PDC money before they got thru year two, hence why it went to a one off last year, which would have been year three of the PDC announced plan. PDC would do far better to back the CDC next year for selection to ally pally. Maybe the only way part gets there.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

So only the top 32 will be invited to the CDC matchplay event July 24th. Meaning that if Part doesn't attend and decides to work the Sky comms box at Matchplay in Blackpool, his position will not be filled by the next on the points list i.e #33. Interesting decision by the CDC and suspect that this will upset more than a few, especially those who lost out to the two ladies who pretty much made it in because they points for getting byes into the second round in 2 events, plus the fact they were seeded based on the money they won in ladies events as being equal to the men's earnings. Was really hoping the CDC wouldn't make these kind of little foolish mistakes, but if that is the worse they do then in the grand scheme of lunacy of American darts it won't be that big of a deal.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

CDC Matchplay event in the books, congrats to the winner David Fatum. Only 24 players participated, results can be found here: http://challonge.com/CDCMatchplay2015

avgs and stats can be found here
http://app.dartconnect.com/dctvlistings ... #t-cdcmp15
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

How did Fatum win when he lost 6 - 9 to Dixon?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

I am not an optometrist nor do I play one on TV but I would suggest an eye exam.
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Another weekend for the CDC and 2 more events in the books. 56 players participated in each of the events, 32 card holders and 24 non card holders. Looks like a slight format change as the main fields set to 48 now, down from the 64. Top 16 seeds go into round of 32 and automatic $100. The others go into a 1st round of 32 with the non tour card holders who qualified. CDC taking a cue from the PDC euro events. Good move for them and this is how they probably should have started the whole thing given the numbers they where facing, live and learn I guess. The change not only minimizes their losses but also reduce the risk for the top players as they only have to put out $100 effectively.
Saturday event top 4 for Larry Butler and Tim Nicoll, and in the final Darin Young takes the win over John Part.
Sunday event top 4 again Larry Butler and Jason Brandon, and in the final debutant to the CDC Leonard Gates defeats always a bridesmaid DJ Sayre

results here http://challonge.com/users/championshipdarts
stats and crap here http://app.dartconnect.com/dctvlistings ... tml#t-cdc3

was surprised by the very low turnout for the qualifiers as I thought St. Louis was a place darts was popular, apparently that is mainly soft tip. And the last stop for the tour in Indiana again is another hot spot for soft tip darts. I think the grand experiment of lets make it a pain in the ass for almost everyone to travel to all our tournaments has run its course.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

cannibal wrote:I am not an optometrist nor do I play one on TV but I would suggest an eye exam.
Well look closely at the link you posted. http://challonge.com/CDCMatchplay2015
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

ok, I see it now and get what your on about. the numbers on the left of the players name are the seed numbers. the Numbers on the right of the players name is their respective score, the orange highlight shows who won the match.

lol was a bit thick of me to just now figure out were you where getting those numbers, but I am in good company I see :)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

cannibal wrote:ok, I see it now and get what your on about. the numbers on the left of the players name are the seed numbers. the Numbers on the right of the players name is their respective score, the orange highlight shows who won the match.

lol was a bit thick of me to just now figure out were you where getting those numbers, but I am in good company I see :)
Well if you look at the finalist position it only has one entry, there are no numbers on the right, and no orange, anyone would think that was the score, it's no wonder you Americans are struggling. I shall be back over there in 4 weeks for the Maine tournie, there will be words!!!
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

The box containing the bracket can be moved by scroll bar at bottom or grab and slide. Enjoy your trip and the tournament, as far as words I am sure they will fall on deaf ears. Partly as the language barrier certainly will be an obstacle, but also as a foreigner your money is welcome but your opinion isn't, it is just the American way. :showbum:

Standings for the CDC, I make it 14 tour card holders have at least made their entry fees back in winnings. And 3 non card holders who became tour card holders have made more than thier entry fees back.
11032507_10207039523774038_1706353497794544608_o.jpg
11032507_10207039523774038_1706353497794544608_o.jpg (341.67 KiB) Viewed 6079 times