2016 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 2-10 January - Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

Re: 2016 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 2-10 January - Discussion

Post by Booji Boy »

Furthermore Col referenced a post on BDO fanatics where you were saying contradictory things on there as to what you were saying on here. Col did not go seeking that post, Col stumbled across it as he was a member of BDO fanatics at the time.

Col thinks this is why you got all upset and paranoid about the whole matter.
ifm
International

Re: 2016 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 2-10 January - Discussion

Post by ifm »

Col has left his body, probably LSD.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:Col has left his body, probably LSD.

Yeah I was on acid when i saw that pic of you with the cat and the warrington top :DDD:
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

There's more Lakeside threads popping up than tickets sold, stick it in a thread titled "Who's the dirty liar"
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:There's more Lakeside threads popping up than tickets sold, stick it in a thread titled "Who's the dirty liar"
Col has his own thread?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Andy Walsh - At the meeting it was stated by the BDO Directors that Channel 4 wished to televise the draw to ensure that everything was "above board" and the BDO were waiting for a call to confirm the date

Howard Miller - I understand that C4 may wish to televise the draw, only commenting that the possibility was dismissed as the reason for the delay only last week.
What I find totally staggering is that the BDO board can tell the members that they wanted to do so, NOT to promote or market the event but to ensure everything was above board!
Dont know about anyone else but to me the inference is that someone obviously feels there may have been previous impropriety or are worried that that may be the case this year.
Now whilst i agree the board may cock up so many things it beggars belief no one and I mean no one has ever doubted the credibility of any Lakeside draw, and if this is the reason I take that as a real slur. Its either that or the board simply used an ill advised explanation,

So being on C4 has nothing to do with a plan by the BDO and C4 to get it on TV, the board told delegates it was because Channel 4 wanted to make sure the draw was above board and done properly.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

All guesswork really. Are we totally sure its even going ahead?
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: 2016 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 2-10 January - Discussion

Post by Skewball »

Astonvilla wrote:All guesswork really. Are we totally sure its even going ahead?
What the draw?! At some point yes ;)
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

dammit wrong thread
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Andy Walsh - At the meeting it was stated by the BDO Directors that Channel 4 wished to televise the draw to ensure that everything was "above board" and the BDO were waiting for a call to confirm the date

Howard Miller - I understand that C4 may wish to televise the draw, only commenting that the possibility was dismissed as the reason for the delay only last week.
What I find totally staggering is that the BDO board can tell the members that they wanted to do so, NOT to promote or market the event but to ensure everything was above board!
Dont know about anyone else but to me the inference is that someone obviously feels there may have been previous impropriety or are worried that that may be the case this year.
Now whilst i agree the board may cock up so many things it beggars belief no one and I mean no one has ever doubted the credibility of any Lakeside draw, and if this is the reason I take that as a real slur. Its either that or the board simply used an ill advised explanation,

So being on C4 has nothing to do with a plan by the BDO and C4 to get it on TV, the board told delegates it was because Channel 4 wanted to make sure the draw was above board and done properly.
I agree it was a terrible choice of words.......words fail me.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: 2016 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 2-10 January - Discussion

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:
Astonvilla wrote:All guesswork really. Are we totally sure its even going ahead?
The draw has been made and published.

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
The draw has been made and published.
:grin: