BDO Fanatics AKA the in the Jacklin's pocket club

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: BDO Fanatics

Post by Ginge »

Dilligaf wrote: Firstly, thanks for taking your right hand off you dick long enough to type me a response, secondly, my people skills??? Hmmmm, my success, in part, is down to the fact, I can mix it with the best of them, I've had dinner with corporate bosses, and I've struck deals with "Tarmac layers", (and after owning night clubs, and building and renting out close to 100 properties), what I'm saying is 100% true, so in actual fact it's quite fitting I'm talking in a shitty way to complete shit bags, but let me make this clear, I don't know where the stories on here start from, but you can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO, I'm not sure even if we had any of those intentions that we actually could. My Mrs 59 years old, when SHE decides to quit darts, that will be it, and we will be doing all the things a heavy darts schedule does not allow. Rather than making snap decisions, you might just try asking, you might not like the answers, but at least it will be the truth!! Now I'll let you get back to your "self gratification" winker.
A bump, for absolutely no reason.
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: BDO Fanatics

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Ginge wrote:
Dilligaf wrote: Firstly, thanks for taking your right hand off you dick long enough to type me a response, secondly, my people skills??? Hmmmm, my success, in part, is down to the fact, I can mix it with the best of them, I've had dinner with corporate bosses, and I've struck deals with "Tarmac layers", (and after owning night clubs, and building and renting out close to 100 properties), what I'm saying is 100% true, so in actual fact it's quite fitting I'm talking in a shitty way to complete shit bags, but let me make this clear, I don't know where the stories on here start from, but you can all have my word now, it's never been our intention to take over the BDO, we have no intention of taking over the BDO, I'm not sure even if we had any of those intentions that we actually could. My Mrs 59 years old, when SHE decides to quit darts, that will be it, and we will be doing all the things a heavy darts schedule does not allow. Rather than making snap decisions, you might just try asking, you might not like the answers, but at least it will be the truth!! Now I'll let you get back to your "self gratification" winker.
Can you date stamp this for us Ginge? Ta
UKDA 4 Life
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ginge wrote:
bumped it ,myself in another thread....imagine my surprise it was still waiting approval
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Case
County Player

Re: BDO Fanatics AKA the in the Jacklin's pocket club

Post by Case »

Bumped for Des.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Meanwhile

I’ve been blocked by Mark Daniels on Twitter, for quoting his tweets.

Well that’s serves me right for defending him all this time.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:

I love the weasel politican wording of 'Never been our "Intention'".

So when he does publicly say something about this then the key phrase bingo terms we should look out for are:

- To help save an organisation I am passionate about
- Encouraged to do this by friends and family
- Support of so many friends and family
- couldn't stand by..
- Can contribute in a meaningful way
- couldn't stand by and let the game I love not reach its potential
- Changes needed to take game forward
- Leverage my experience as a 'successful' businessman

etc etc etc.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:

So when he does publicly say something about this then the key phrase bingo terms we should look out for are:

- couldn't stand by..

etc etc etc.
Or of course it might never have been the intention :MAD:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:

- couldn't stand by..

etc etc etc.
This may well be true, let's face it we all thought that the Williams' were going nowhere.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:

- couldn't stand by..

etc etc etc.
that's exactly what I am saying, The only other option is he lied. But he gave his word and I have no reason to doubt his word.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote: This may well be true, let's face it we all thought that the Williams' were going nowhere.
Pretty much this. Has their hand been forced?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: This may well be true, let's face it we all thought that the Williams' were going nowhere.
It certainly reads like that going by what TT is saying. The BDO now need to make a decision as to where their future lies and by that I mean do they want to be an amateur governing body or do they want to challenge the PDC for a piece of the TV pie, if it is the latter then they will have to spend some of their bank balance in appointing seasoned business professionals who are salaried according to their experience and results to promote and run this side of the game.
Time has shown us that it cannot be run properly by well meaning county officials, it has to be a proper business plan implimented by a proper business savvy management.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
It certainly reads like that going by what TT is saying. The BDO now need to make a decision as to where their future lies and by that I mean do they want to be an amateur governing body or do they want to challenge the PDC for a piece of the TV pie, if it is the latter then they will have to spend some of their bank balance in appointing seasoned business professionals who are salaried according to their experience and results to promote and run this side of the game.
Time has shown us that it cannot be run properly by well meaning county officials, it has to be a proper business plan implimented by a proper business savvy management.
And it’s doomed to fail, the market just isn’t big enough for 2 big organisations. The pdc have a near monopoly on the big stations, they will just hoover up more stations into exclusive deals the minute the bdo tries to do anything and let’s face it the bdo hasn’t had good viewing figure outside of the worlds for years.

They need to secure their current position with a deal in place wit someone like the guy from Preston who can give them a venue and money to run 2 big events a year (worlds and masters) and put that money back into the grass routes through funding opens and youth set ups. Anything else is really not worth it
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:

- couldn't stand by..

etc etc etc.
Despite doing a Michael Gove manoeuvre here.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ecky Thump wrote:
ifm wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:

- couldn't stand by..

etc etc etc.
Des doing a Michael Gove manoeuvre here.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

I fucking hate technology.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Although both posts are equally applicable.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

How many times did Theresa May say there would categorically not be an election last year.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Dannyboy wrote:How many times did Theresa May say there would categorically not be an election last year.
I suspect not once using those words.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Dear lord