BDO Fanatics AKA the in the Jacklin's pocket club

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

BDO Fanatics AKA the in the Jacklin's pocket club

Post by dartsfacts »

They can't be this stupid. Can they?

Gerard Lehane
Making the Grand Slam a ranking competition is a ploy by the PDC to tempt players to cross over in my opinion

Steve Egerton
Spot on G

Dan Smith
Absolutely agree Gerard Lehane, means players switching would likely not start from zero money in the order of merit

Gerard Lehane
Exactly Dan Smith. Just take for instance Scott Mitchell wins the Grand Slam,he'll be on £100,000 prize money which will easily qualify him for the PDC Worlds and all of a sudden he has to make a choice of which World titles to play for and the PDC could try and tempt him with a Premier League spot too?
Ginge
International

Re: BDO Fanatics

Post by Ginge »

Paranoid to the last, at the end of the day players have free will and they can do what they want.

And none of the 8 "BDO" players will earn OoM credit, someone needs to point that out to them.
Big Jock Knew
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

1st person to mention that gets outed as a PDC supporter and banned.

And Scott Mitchell in the Premier League....dear oh dear.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Just dont let on who you are on there, or you will get banned to for C+P-ing stuff onto here :D
Big Jock Knew
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

It gets better

Dean Reynolds and Bradley Kirk win the final two tournaments on the PDC Unicorn Development Tour.

Gerard Lehane
The depth of talent in the BDO is powerful as this result from today shows.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dear god.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:Dear god.
Stop talking to yourself.........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

dartsfacts wrote:It gets better

Dean Reynolds and Bradley Kirk win the final two tournaments on the PDC Unicorn Development Tour.

Gerard Lehane
It's a fair enough point, Harrington is always claiming the credit for the youth conveniently forgetting that they pretty much all came through the BDO youth/county system.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It would be nice if no organisation claimed the credit for any young player, given they can ply their trade wherever they want these days.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:It would be nice if no organisation claimed the credit for any young player, given they can ply their trade wherever they want these days.
There's only one that supports a real youth tour.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:It would be nice if no organisation claimed the credit for any young player, given they can ply their trade wherever they want these days.
No, no they can't and you know it.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well, the last time I looked, players were able to play the PDC Youth Tour and play in the full gamut of events that a BDO weekend had to offer.
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

I read it as a lack of understanding of what the Development Tour is more than anything. I do t have the heart to explain that the vast majority on it aren't really "PDC" players if you assume that only PDPA m embers are so.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

How does a person become a "BDO player"?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Well, the last time I looked, players were able to play the PDC Youth Tour and play in the full gamut of events that a BDO weekend had to offer.
Not until they are 16, this has been argued ad nauseum on here.
The point i was making was that dartsfacts felt that that weird guy on fanatics was being stupid for "claiming" the 2 players as BDO yet when Rod does it in every commentary or interview it's not mentioned........

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:Well, the last time I looked, players were able to play the PDC Youth Tour and play in the full gamut of events that a BDO weekend had to offer.
Not until they are 16, this has been argued ad nauseum on here.
The point i was making was that dartsfacts felt that that weird guy on fanatics was being stupid for "claiming" the 2 players as BDO yet when Rod does it in every commentary or interview it's not mentioned........
Ginge wrote:It would be nice if no organisation claimed the credit for any young player.
^^^^ How's that?
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

dartsfacts wrote:How does a person become a "BDO player"?
You play in the BDO system, i really don't think this needs explaining.

Madsocks
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

ifm wrote:
dartsfacts wrote:How does a person become a "BDO player"?
You play in the BDO system, i really don't think this needs explaining.
So then anyone who plays in the PDC system becomes a PDC player yes?
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Gerard Lehane
Exactly Dan Smith. Just take for instance Scott Mitchell wins the Grand Slam,he'll be on £100,000 prize money which will easily qualify him for the PDC Worlds and all of a sudden he has to make a choice of which World titles to play for and the PDC could try and tempt him with a Premier League spot too?
And now, let's imagine the whining from that lot if a BDO player actually does win the GSOD and he doesn't get invited to the PDC World Championship... :MAD:

Gerard Lehane
Don't tell him that Lakeside-qualified Dean Reynolds is a PDPA member and that Bradley Kirk will not be able to play BDO events next year...
Last edited by Zeyes on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

I don't know what is the most deluded statement, Mitchell winning the Grand Slam or Mitchell being invited into the Premier League.