BDO Fanatics AKA the in the Jacklin's pocket club

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Re: BDO Fanatics

Post by dartsfacts »

The UN, for statistical consistency across regions, defines 'youth', as those persons between the ages of 15 and 24 years,
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Was at a UCI world cyclocross event on Sunday and they use the same definition for their youth event.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Zeyes wrote:The BDO would never organize a tournament for "young" players that allows 24-year-olds to play.
Paddy ????

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Zeyes wrote:The BDO would never organize a tournament for "young" players that allows 24-year-olds to play.
Erm, it says "men young players 18-25" as part of a youth festival of darts, i don't understand your point.
When MVG won the youth he was 23, a comp designed for under 21's.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well then it should be for 23 as is most youth events. So not really an issue.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zeyes wrote:
markymark wrote:What's wrong with "youth" going up to 24 anyway? Darts is a sport where you can be at the top level a lot later in life than most others, so the opportunities for "youth" to break through are fewer unless an exceptional talent.
Yeah, this. Breaking through in a sport is a lot more difficult when you're competing against the best from 30+ birth years than just the usual 10 to 15.

I do think the PDC's World Youth event could use a rebranding, but I'm stumped as to a better name for it. The main thing though is that 23-and-under seems to be the sweet spot where the Youth/Development level will actually do what it's intended to do, get players ready to become a steady fixture on the Pro Tour...at 21-and-under there are just too many who have already aged out of the development level but are still only borderline main tour players. (To say nothing of the WDF/BDO's under-18 cutoff which basically doesn't prepare players for high-level adult competition at all.)

Absolute rubbish, you lot seem to be misrepresenting the facts to suit your own childish agendas. A 24 year old man is not a youth, spin it what ever way you like you will never convince me otherwise and to be quite honest you make yourselves look stupid by trying. You have a 21 and a 24 year old who have both won the World championship FFS. :bat: :bat: :bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

can we get this guy drug tested.

Adrian Maguire
with ritchie burnett basnned from grasnd slam could pdc let ted hnkey come in grand slam instead.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

LOL.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Adrian Maguire is a strange twat, reckon he is on the wind up
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Today's fun is accusations the PDC will fix the GSoD draw, because it's not on TV, so that Adams will draw Taylor or van Gerwen, and Mitchell will be in the same group as Anderson. Paranoia, stupidity, or an actionable comment?
MancheStar
Superleague Player

BDO Fanatics

Post by MancheStar »

They've got a 1/8 chance of being in the same group so it wouldn't surprise me if they was in the same group. I think Adams, Mitchell and Butler will be the biggest threats coming from the BDO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

markymark wrote:Today's fun is accusations the PDC will fix the GSoD draw, because it's not on TV, so that Adams will draw Taylor or van Gerwen, and Mitchell will be in the same group as Anderson. Paranoia, stupidity, or an actionable comment?
Shall we wait and see....... :IIII: :IIII:
MancheStar
Superleague Player

BDO Fanatics

Post by MancheStar »

phil davies wrote:
MancheStar wrote:They've got a 1/8 chance of being in the same group so it wouldn't surprise me if they was in the same group. I think Adams, Mitchell and Butler will be the biggest threats coming from the BDO.

Add Phillips to that and you have the four who could potential get out a group depending on draw.

The two that qualified via Europe both have no chance will be suprised if either get more than 7 legs across there 3 games same goes for Fordham it will be great to see him back on TV and I sincerely hopes he proves me wrong and even though I've always rated De Vos he seems to be very out of form ATM.

I agree I thought De Vos would have improved more after winning the WDT but his form has stalled. Think the Viking will find it hard he struggled on the Pro tour a few years back and doubt we'll ever see him back at his best (would love to be proved wrong) Think this years Grand Slams all about the Wolf probably a blessing in descise for Mitchell as he's going under the radar.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

markymark wrote:Today's fun is accusations the PDC will fix the GSoD draw, because it's not on TV, so that Adams will draw Taylor or van Gerwen, and Mitchell will be in the same group as Anderson. Paranoia, stupidity, or an actionable comment?
Paranoia of the highest order.

Don't they realise that Sky would want an Adams, Mitchell, Butler or Fordham to qualify for the knock out rounds, to hype the PDC vs BDO angle.
If the draw was to be fixed, which it won't be, it would have been done to give them the best chance of getting through their respective groups.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Somebody should tell the BDO Fanatics guys that there are only 5 PDC players who are better than the BDO stalwarts, which means it doesn't matter which seeded player they get drawn with; after all they just need to beat the inferior PDC guys from pots 2 and 3 in order to advance...
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

The BDO Fanativcs are everything that is currently wrong in the "sport of darts".
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Zeyes wrote:Somebody should tell the BDO Fanatics guys that there are only 5 PDC players who are better than the BDO stalwarts, which means it doesn't matter which seeded player they get drawn with; after all they just need to beat the inferior PDC guys from pots 2 and 3 in order to advance...
:D
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Its from Mark Daniels, Who has 7 random thoughts a day

Although Mitchell said at the exbo i went too that he reckons he will get Gary Anderson in his group.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

oche balboa wrote:Its from Mark Daniels, Who has 7 random thoughts a day
Mark Daniels, the guy who thinks all PDC crowds are piss heads and constantly talks about getting pissed out of his head at darts. The bloke spends February to August posting about how awesome The last Lakeside was then September to December posting about how awesome the next Lakeside is going to be.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

dartsfacts wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Its from Mark Daniels, Who has 7 random thoughts a day
Mark Daniels, the guy who thinks all PDC crowds are piss heads and constantly talks about getting pissed out of his head at darts. The bloke spends February to August posting about how awesome The last Lakeside was then September to December posting about how awesome the next Lakeside is going to be.
You can't blame him Lakeside is awesome.......can't wait.

Jealous you are.