BDO Fanatics AKA the in the Jacklin's pocket club

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: BDO Fanatics AKA the in the Jacklin's pocket club

Post by nikkiboy »

Murphio wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Murphio wrote:I was away for a few days and seen it posted I wished death on Ian That's stretching it a bit; my post was meant as a bit of banter. Like the heart monitor pic. All joking aside Ian I sincerely wish you a full recovery and long and happy life.
Has he had another attack/episode?
Not that I know of. But I wouldn't wish death on anyone. I have had (and will continue to have) run ins with IFM but where Ian the human being is concerned I wish him nothing but good health.
I do sometimes wish he'd break his typing finger but apart from that :)

he's posting on the other thread so he's fine.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

What price loyalty?

dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

markymark wrote:What price loyalty?

Clueless
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Sad that people would want to make money from the talents they have/work hard to improve.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

What's sad is silly people making silly comments, the level of their idiocy becomes apparent when they can't even spell the abbreviation of the organisation correct, it's BDO not BRO and it stands for British Darts Organisation ffs.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Enid Vincent
I have never said he isn't A brilliant dart player and a lovely guy. I just feel so sad that so many players think they can make a fortune out of a sport they love. The fortune it not there as many of them will tell you. It is such a shame that our sport has turned into something that all you are interested in is how much money you can get out of it. I have never disputed that he is good enough. Tell me honestly how many are millionaires, not only in our sport but in may others too, He is not a pro he has a day job like most of the players.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

The BDO gave him a world championship.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

He can't be switching, he's playing county again :DDD:
It means everything :grin:

Gary Stafford

Let’s throw a curve ball in here. Last year Glen gave up county as we all thought he was going over. But this year he is playing County for Yorkshire. Why would you make every game and away if you have no intention of playing the season out?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Of course not everyone is going to be a millionaire or make loads of cash, that's the life of a professional sportsman, but there are more opportunities to do so on one side than the other.

I guess only someone not good enough to make that choice would believe otherwise.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

markymark wrote:Of course not everyone is going to be a millionaire or make loads of cash, that's the life of a professional sportsman, but there are more opportunities to do so on one side than the other.

I guess only someone not good enough to make that choice would believe otherwise.
14 million reasons to believe otherwise.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

Anyway fuck Durrant. Hold the front page. The big news is Martin Atkins has announced he is switching.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

dartsfacts wrote:Anyway fek Durrant. Hold the front page. The big news is Martin Atkins has announced he is switching.
Which one?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

ifm wrote:
dartsfacts wrote:Anyway fek Durrant. Hold the front page. The big news is Martin Atkins has announced he is switching.
Which one?
The Yorkshire one. And his pal Doggy Dawson. There will be more too, morale in the BDO must be at an all time low.
There will be some tough draws at Q-school.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

dartsfacts wrote:
ifm wrote:
Which one?
The Yorkshire one. And his pal Doggy Dawson. There will be more too, morale in the BDO must be at an all time low.
There will be some tough draws at Q-school.
Yeah, Yorkshire, Cheshire decimated in January.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

The UK Open and Challenge Tour plus independant dart comps must have become a preferable option to the BDO Travel Club. It's shocking how much ground the BDO has lost in a few years yet the board keep on being re-elected. Hard to fathom.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

markymark wrote:Of course not everyone is going to be a millionaire or make loads of cash, that's the life of a professional sportsman, but there are more opportunities to do so on one side than the other.

One wonders if she thinks it's a shame that there are actually people out there who are prepared to pay money to watch these players play. If only that ceased, no players would be tempted by all that money again and "our sport" could return to blissful amateurism.

But hey, it's the players who are the selfish ones here. Of course not people like her.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

dartsfacts wrote:Enid Vincent
I have never said he isn't A brilliant dart player and a lovely guy. I just feel so sad that so many players think they can make a fortune out of a sport they love. The fortune it not there as many of them will tell you. It is such a shame that our sport has turned into something that all you are interested in is how much money you can get out of it. I have never disputed that he is good enough. Tell me honestly how many are millionaires, not only in our sport but in may others too, He is not a pro he has a day job like most of the players.
When players with less talent are making a good living through PDC who can blame anyone for giving it a bash?The mindset of that post is everything that is wrong in BDOland. No ice, no Guinness no feck in clue
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

craigmc wrote:
When players with less talent are making a good living through PDC who can blame anyone for giving it a bash?The mindset of that post is everything that is wrong in BDOland. No ice, no Guinness no feck in clue
Bear in mind this was one persons opinion, she was rounded upon pretty instantly by everyone, i don't think you can say her opinion is typical of anyone bar her.
Though historically every individual comment on there is ridiculed as that of every single member.

Madsocks
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

ifm wrote:
craigmc wrote:
Bear in mind this was one persons opinion, she was rounded upon pretty instantly by everyone, i don't think you can say her opinion is typical of anyone bar her.
Though historically every individual comment on there is ridiculed as that of every single member.
Not on there so Not privvy to that. Just sounds so Croft esque
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Fanatics crossed the line the day they suggested they should force that kid who won the Youth event the year before last to hand his money back because he was going to play PDC youth events.
Big Jock Knew