What is Scott Waites biggest win Lakeside or Grand Slam?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here

What is Scott Waites biggest win?

Lakeside
52%
Grand Slam
48%

Total votes: 56

MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

What is people's opinion on Scott Waites biggest win Lakeside or Grand Slam? E.g if Adams win's the Slam will it be bigger than his lakeside titles? Is it judged on money earned?
ifm
International

Re: What is Scott Waites biggest win Lakeside or Grand Slam?

Post by ifm »

OMFG are you serious??
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

ifm wrote:OMFG are you serious??
Yes everybody has an opinion not just you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

It is an interesting question actually, Lakeside has the history and prestige behind it so immediately I am thinking Lakeside BUT the grand slam was against a unified field of proven champions so in theory it would be a harder field than either Lakeside or Ladbrokes for that matter. The only down side of the grand slam is the shorter format so for that reason for me Lakeside would be his biggest win.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Not that this influences things too much, but one was a much more memorable final than the other!
mc1958
Superleague Player

Post by mc1958 »

Winning Lakeside gives you the title of World Champion whereas winning the GSOD doesn't - Lakeside is bigger
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Lakeside simply because he is now a World Champion. GSOD was brilliant for him however
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

MancheStar wrote:
ifm wrote:OMFG are you serious??
Yes everybody has an opinion not just you

If anyone genuinely believes that a minor PDC comp is bigger than THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS then they are wrong and probably too stupid to be allowed out alone.
I'm sure some on here will vote for GSOD but that's because this is a biased forum full of trolls who like nothing more than to belittle the BDO.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

OMG Lol Grand Slam is a minor comp... PS I don't see the forum as bias most are fair when it comes to debates on here.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

you need to open your eyes then.

Lakeside without doubt.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
dudley1975
Superleague Player

Post by dudley1975 »

I agree with Nikki's reasonings
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

MancheStar wrote:OMG Lol Grand Slam is a minor comp... PS I don't see the forum as bias most are fair when it comes to debates on here.

I didn't say that now did i?
I said minor PDC comp, it would seem fair to you, you are as biased as most, this non question is proof.

How about you answering this, what is Michael Van Gerwens biggest win, World Masters or Ally Pally?

Madsocks
Sat Nav
The Ton Club

Post by Sat Nav »

At the risk of "not being allowed out alone" :) Scott's biggest win was the Grand Slam. Why? It was against a much tougher field than Lakeside and he was the first and still only BDO player to win it. When he won Lakeside it was expected and caused barely a ripple in the darting world. When he won the Grand Slam however it was a huge surprise and as such i think it was the bigger achievement. But only Scott himself can really answer the question.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Don't forget MVG played very well at Lakeside, got to the Last 32 if I remember correctly.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Sat Nav wrote:At the risk of "not being allowed out alone" :) Scott's biggest win was the Grand Slam. Why? It was against a much tougher field than Lakeside and he was the first and still only BDO player to win it. When he won Lakeside it was expected and caused barely a ripple in the darting world. When he won the Grand Slam however it was a huge surprise and as such i think it was the bigger achievement. But only Scott himself can really answer the question.
You are a bias troll, and too stupid to be allowed out alone. ;)
Sat Nav
The Ton Club

Post by Sat Nav »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Don't forget MVG played very well at Lakeside, got to the Last 32 if I remember correctly.
And Christian Kist found the Lakeside stage tough to handle too! ;)
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Sat Nav wrote:At the risk of "not being allowed out alone" :) Scott's biggest win was the Grand Slam. Why? It was against a much tougher field than Lakeside and he was the first and still only BDO player to win it. When he won Lakeside it was expected and caused barely a ripple in the darting world. When he won the Grand Slam however it was a huge surprise and as such i think it was the bigger achievement. But only Scott himself can really answer the question.
You are answering a different question Kev, his toughest win probably was the grand slam, his biggest win was when he became World Champion.
There are players who are doing exhibitions 20 years after becoming world champion off the back of it, it is by miles the biggest competition in darts.

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Sat Nav wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Don't forget MVG played very well at Lakeside, got to the Last 32 if I remember correctly.
And Christian Kist found the Lakeside stage tough to handle too! ;)
He's had medical problems, such a shame he showed so much promise. Seriously though I think with the easier format of the Grand-slam his Lakeside win is undoubtedly the best in his career.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

How credible is the Lakeside 'world champion' tag these days really? It has become increasingly diluted. So while it comes with the label and the prestige that goes along with winning Lakeside - the Grand Slam is a superior field and the better achievement - not to mention it's the only event which is truly cross code. I'm still pretty certain that if you asked guys like Martin Phillips, Wesley Harms etc they would prefer to win the former than the latter. Regardless - winning the Grand Slam is the better achievement since you have to field of better quality players. EDIT to say that I voted Lakeside purely because of the way the question was worded. Winning Lakeside was BIGGER, but not BETTER.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I'm glad to see that common sense has overcome blind faith here, I feel great contentment that in a PDC biased forum such as this, still overwhelmingly Lakeside has come out on top, all top dart players would love to have that one on their CV.